Endless Hunger "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" doesn't work with Ghost Reaver / ES

"
Melvar wrote:

Ghost Reaver itself includes stats equivalent to “Life Leech effects are not removed at full Life” and “Life Leech effects are removed at full Energy Shield”, which makes Endless Hunger redundant.

I think you just agreed with my statement with how it's implemented in the code?

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)ES
Life Leech effects (2)are removed at Full (3)ES

If GR has includes additional (hidden) stats, there's no way for us to know. Which is why I wrote out the 2 additional interpretations, which are valid based on what is written in the game. But not in the game code, as corrected by Mark.
Last edited by i3igpete on Feb 13, 2017, 2:21:38 PM
"
i3igpete wrote:
Just for clarity, here is the argument in a nutshell. Ghost Reaver effectively changes 3 variables of Endless Hunger.

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)Life
Life Leech effects (2)are not removed at Full (3)Life

1=life/ES
2=are/are not
3=life/ES

Current implementation of GR changes the behavior of variables 1, 2, and 3 so that EH effectively reads like this:

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)ES
Life Leech effects (2)are removed at Full (3)ES
This is not at all the case. Ghost Reaver does absolutely nothing to what you've labelled as part (2). It does exactly what it says - your life leech effects grant you ES instead of life - this inherently means they are removed at full ES, because leech effects are always removed when the resource they grant is full. It does not change "full life" to "full energy shield" on endless hunger, because "life leech" and "full life" are different concepts, and it doesn't say anything about doing that.

Endless Hunger specifically provides an exception for removing life leech effects at full life. It does not say anything about them being removed at full ES, so does not affect that.
That description and mechanic is so obvious you need 5 pages to explain it :p
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Figured I bump this, after seeing the Scion changes with Slayer and VP nerf figured some may have the same idea that Endless Hunger would be the only way to play a CI build.

But after seeing this thread guess that answers that question.

Well at least you guys brought Vaal Pact in line with Endless Hunger,

Vaal Pact - Life Leech applies instantly Life Regeneration has no effect.
Endless Hunger - Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Endless Hunger specifically provides an exception for removing life leech effects at full life. It does not say anything about them being removed at full ES, so does not affect that.

Surprised nobody brought up Vaal Pact not following the same wording/rules back when this thread was being argued.

Either way thanks for this thread, would have hated to waste a league starter on this.
I'm confused I read Mark's statement and it makes 100% sense, however his statement doesn't make endless hunger useless for Ghost Reaver, or shouldn't.

EH is still actively trying to leech when you have full ES (and also full life), once you lose some ES with EH still in effect maintaining some leech stacks you should then get those leech stacks to your ES via GR.

If that's not happening then THAT's the bug/incorrect function.

If EH doesn't work with ES because GR makes it "ES Leech" (super literal) then explain why Maximum life leech rate passives and gear improve your rate of leech while using GR?

How does "Time of Need" work for Guardians with ZO? Just like Endless Hunger does for GR?

Well no; Yet they are identical in every way including the super literal wording "life", except ToN works with ZO exactly as the players would expect EH to.

I would like to appeal to Mark and GGG to please go with the intuitive and reasonable expectation that players have based on how EVERYTHING else in the game functions intuitively when you change it or convert it from one to another.

Spoiler

[BTW]I am for vaal pact nerf, the ES nerf and the inclusion of a new down side to Ghost Reaver, I think these will be enough nerfs though, I don't think keeping this working super literally unlike many other intuitive mechanics in the game, is good design, intended or not. If it necessary for balance then it needs to worded so that players can understand that it doesn't work intuitively like everything else does when you convert it.
[/BTW]
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jun 8, 2017, 9:11:49 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Endless Hunger changes life leech. Ghost Reaver makes that life leech apply to energy shield. Seems very obvious to me that it should apply the Endless Hunger part of life leech too.

"Vitality Void" changes life leech. Ghost Reaver makes that life leech apply to energy shield. Seems very obvious to me that it should apply the Vitality Void part of life leech too.

PPS: Vaal Pact changes life leech. Ghost Reaver makes that life leech apply to energy shield. Seems very obvious to me that it should apply the Vaal Pact part of life leech too.[/spoiler]

Let me add:

Illuminated Devotion gives it's 2% life leech to your ES despite saying "life" as you would expect
EB works with MoM how you would expect, which it would not if GGG made it super literal
Time Of Need works with Zealots Oath how you would expect despite saying "Life"
Atziri's acuity works with Ghost reaver how you would expect (before the incoming nerf to explicitly no longer work)
Warchief Totem leech goes to your ES how you would expect
Baron Zombies leech 2% of their dmg "as life" to your ES as you would expect
Vorici Gloves signature mod improves your leech rate for Ghost reaver as you would expect despite "maximum life".

Endless Hunger appears to be out on it's own special island of super literal, with (off the top of my head) exactly no other abilities in the entire game.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jun 8, 2017, 9:31:01 AM
Problem is GR(Ghost Reaver ) gives more then it says , it gives:
1. Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
2. Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life
3. Life Leech effects are removed at Full ES

It says only 1.

So GR grants you EH(2.) but it also grants you Life Leech effects are removed at Full ES (3.)

2. and 3. are missing from GR tool tip
So with VPact nerfed into the ground, will GR worked with VP again in 3.1?
"
SlaserX wrote:
So with VPact nerfed into the ground, will GR worked with VP again in 3.1?

That question should be asked in feedback or gameplay help. Especially with a thread that wasn't a bug in the first place and is now 6 months old and has outdated information in it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Nov 17, 2017, 6:04:18 PM
I spent 2-3 hours revamping my Ascendant life leech character into Energy shield based. I bought all new ES gear for every single slot. Regretted all of my nodes, etc etc.

I take my Oni-garoshi out to fight and the burn is destroying me.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what happened. Leech is disabled at full energy shield via ghost reaver. The slayer node of Ascendant is absolutely pointless with Ghost reaver.

I understand Mark replied awhile back saying this ins't a bug and its "intended", but frankly its really really ridiculous. I just spent a metric ton of my time building this character and now its broken beyond help.

This is the sort of stuff that instantly ends my league out of frustration.

I would highly recommend putting some label on the Nodes that says (DOES NOT WORK WITH GHOST REAVER).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info