Current Development Priorities

Thanks for the info, Love the labyrinth with a fiery passion. I always thought that Maze Runner was a sucky movie but would have made a great video game. I never even dreamed of it being integrated into my FAVORITE video game. Perandus I'm not so crazy about, but maybe that's just because Cadiro hasn't offered me anything good yet. Also thank you so much for the permanent league characters getting Ascendancy points. Now I think I might take a break from Perandus to rebuild some of my standard characters which should be fun.

Thanks GGG for such an amazing game! Keep up the good work!
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
First) What are you talking about? Why is it forced on you? Nothing is forced on you mate. Don't like the game simply quit!

Given that they stated they rebalanced higher encounters to assume the player has ascended? Yes, it's forced on the player, and mandatory. To say otherwise is like saying "You're not FORCED to use gear at all!"

Also, "Don't like? Quit!" is one of the stupidest lines of logic there is. You're basically saying "Don't offer suggestions on how to improve it, improvement isn't a justifiable course of action for ANYTHING EVER."

"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Again, nothing is forced on you. Don't like Merciless?

I might be more inclined to take this line seriously had you even beaten Merciless a single time.

Stupidest lines of logic? HA! Allow me to school you child. Making suggestions and whining are two separate things. There is absolutely NOTHING suggested from such a comment aside from crying in a corner about changes because as a creature of habbit has it something new seems wrong.

Aside from that, suggestions should be always aligned towards a certain GOAL!

If set out to make a twitch gaming FPS shooter based on PvP alone and THAT is the purpose of the game, people whining why it is too fast and has no PvE are not making suggestions. They are whining about something which does not belong in said game.

No, no-one is forced.

As other commented in here, the difficulty increase is that which Ascendancy actually ends up being (again in terms of difficulty) after Act 4 around is complete or half way through. The scaling itself is marginal and barely effects later levels. I am running the exact same maps I was running before and I am as efficient as before (without Ascendancy).

Lastly, the part that is NOT forced on anyone as I continue to prove is the stupid notion that it is an all or nothing idea. Nothing of the sort is present. Later content is NOT much harder, and that being because the ascendancy classes dont exactly make you godlike either and are simply boosts.

Don't want to do it, don't do it. Simple. Don't like a game for a characteristic that is PART of it from start to finish, then gtfo. Whining about said game and NOT making any helpful suggestions, whilst also giving the notion that any suggestion that could be given will result in a different experience all up, whilst also proving the stupidity of said whining to begin with and how ignorant the commenter was as to not be able to understand that it is comparing to an experience in Hardcore and NOT like Hardcore at all, is all the real stupidity in all you said.

Go shave your head mate. You obviously know shit all about gaming period. Whining is not giving suggestions. Misunderstanding content and a game mentality is also not gaming.

Lastly, that "adrenalin" this Ascendancy imposes. As I said, they are piss ass easy. The only hard part that needs some balancing is Izaro whatever he is called. Hence, not even really comparable to Hardcore. The experience is exactly the same as the rest of the game, yet gives you the notion that you are undergoing a trial which is even better for lore. You are getting 2 free skills at the end of the experience which is hardly difficult to begin. Coming back around to it after finishing other maps actually proves how ridiculously easy it is.

Merciless is on the other hand hard, but again relative to the difficulty. Merciless is hard to gain a level period. And here you get 2 skill points on the go, 4, 6 all up, what have you. Hence the risk reward is balanced out by making this more difficult.

And again for the last time, the game does not force you to do anything. A year ago I spent 2 months playing characters up to lvl 50 alone and re-doing maps I liked for the fun of it because I simply wasn't interested at Merciless at the time and wanted to try creative builds that I would enjoy rather than focus on survivability or efficiency. Best 2 months ever. I wasn't running around b!tching that Merciless was too hard. And if I was going to do something of the sort I definitely would not have done it without making an actual suggestion. The game after normal is the same grind anyway. Anyone bitching about new content that actually spices the play-style and is not mandatory is simply retarded.

Check yourself next time you call someone's point of stupid, you ass.
You ramble too much.

You also lost any credibility to your viewpoint when you called him a child, as that's the internet's old "12 year old" line reworded.
"
Kadadr wrote:
So just to confirm. If I already reached Merciless but only did the Labyrinth on Normal, will I still get 4 ascendancy points or only 2?

Hopefully the former. I too am waiting to see what they mean with this I am at Merciless but done Lab on Normal. Fingers crossed we get some boosts too as old players, it will be a pain to do it on all characters.
@HazaRdReborN back to your troll cave with you, it is funny how you talk about labyrinth like you played it from a point of a player in new league though you don't have any classes that i can see that are even in the new league wonder how that is.

Yes your points are stupid and no when someone makes a suggestion and you take it as crying like a baby doesn't make it so. so back to cave or under bridge with you.
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

So the video in this link is what the intended labyrinth play-through should look like? No offense to the player, but I think they hit every single trap possible. Basically all that is showcased here is that haste/vaal hase/max speed have yet another purpose in this game. I figured (incorrectly) that the goal was to encourage skill-based play styles and critical timing. Really disappointed to see Chris supporting what essentially has to be the laziest way through the challenge [run, hit trap, potion, run, hit trap, flame dash, hit trap, potion, dps, boss dead in seconds, run, run, hit trap, potion......]----rinse and repeat until insane.

Seriously if this was the whole purpose of the labyrinth I'm really disappointed.

I see what you mean, but I think all that critical timing and such definitely comes into play with earlier runs, first time in a difficulty, etc. (whenever it's hard for you to go through it). But I think there is a place for the crazy run, hit trap, use potion, run some more method, because can imagine trying to farm the lab and/or set a time record while carefully avoiding traps? I think the careful avoidance is only for first time runs, etc. And I'm sure GGG understood people weren't going to do that while trying to set a rime record.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Last edited by jugglereli on Mar 7, 2016, 1:25:49 PM
"
G7Ghost wrote:
You ramble too much.

You also lost any credibility to your viewpoint when you called him a child, as that's the internet's old "12 year old" line reworded.

Rambling? Or knowing how to express an opinion and back it up so children don't misunderstand? (Which is rather common of the internet unfortunately).

Sorry that I make viable points and can back them up without resulting to straight away calling ideas and notions stupid. It is especially funny seeing people get frustrated when they have nothing to back up their points against a said argument, and hence try as hard as they can to give or take credibility as they please based on whatever silly notion they can desperately grasp onto.

I make my own credibility, as do we all. Those with a brain can read and make up their own mind. Those that are foolish can sit there and find reason to excuse their laziness in reading an opinion as detailed as it may or may not be, or they can try and find again silly reasons to disregard it. Its up to them. I barely give a rats ass.

Again, no-one is forcing you to read. Calling a detailed opinion from someone that actually has the ability to back it up and express themselves rambling is also childish.

Lastly, just so you can learn a thing or two as well, child. Child or childishness does not direct to a certain age in this instance, but rather immaturity. Age itself is irrelevant and my "rewording" was not a rewording, it was in fact a completely different meaning and thus was reason for steering clear of such a notion of 5 and 12 yr old comments to bring the focus to the aspect of maturity in all this.

But again, we understand what we want and take what we want, what else is new? Childish behaviour to say the least.

From my part I am content as I have done all in my power to make misunderstandings in such children a minor issue, by expressing myself whole and bringing a point across in its complete form. Whoever wants to read, good, whoever doesn't, also good. Its a free world.

Good day to you too.
mapping team is still crashing all the time..
just a suggestion!
Remove the use of flask on labyrinth and remove regen of energy shield! it will make the game very hard and it will become fair to life and ES build.

ES build dont have energy POTION. (but it regen after out of combat)
Not all life build have high life regen. (but use life potion to prevent death on labyrinth)

Some players are complaining that the labyrinth is made for life base build :) :)

Just a suggestion <3
I run lab with my ES build and life build
It was OK but the life build is easier to finish lab

Have fun everyone!
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_
Last edited by johndrake666 on Mar 7, 2016, 1:44:36 PM
Chris and Team,

I have no doubt in my mind that you guys are one of the most hard working and committed game development teams that always puts the user gaming experience first.

This deployed patch has its challenges but it will come to pass.

I personally don't always agree with the direction you take with the game but I do have an appreciation for discipline and hard work. Further to this I appreciate the openness and honesty about where the issues are and what you guys are doing to fix them. This GGG has done always in a consistent manner.

Remember progress is better than perfection!

Last edited by Kenza on Mar 7, 2016, 1:48:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info