Does anyone actually enjoy Labyrinth?

I enjoy it, i think its freaking awesome! good job GGG <3
It's a good challenge overall. I think it was poorly tested but GGG is working on that. It's definitely at least alittle backwards release content and THEN debug it but that is pretty par for the course with GGG.

I like things that are added to the game that everyone can run if they choose to test their skill/luck. I hate when content gets added that is heavily gated behind RnG (highest map tiers, certain bosses, etc) so this was a nice feature. The ascendancy classes add a new dynamic to builds and that's fun too. I feel like the posts we are all seeing about the labyrinth system are not objective at all. A subjective assessment of the content is useless for content development so while it might feel good to say "I hate this, therefore it is bad" it accomplishes nothing.
I must admit, I did not like the labyrinth the first few times I went through it. I even died in normal to a trap. I had prepared myself for possible deaths, but I did NOT expect it to happen in normal on a high level character! I had some disconnects as well, but it was launch day and I don't hold any grudges for that.

After playing with it a bit more, I'm warming to the lab. Izaro is really not bad if you overlevel and get used to the mechanics (practice), you just need to take your time with traps, and you get used to the layouts fairly quickly, so lab run times will go down. I get how people would be frustrated with long lab times at first, especially in an online game where a freeze or dc means you have to start from scratch. My advice right now would be to give the lab more time; it's only been about a week. Practice it with softcore characters, don't bother with any silver keys or shrines if you want faster clear speeds, and maybe carry more life flasks if you have a tough time with traps.

I do feel for CI characters, and I do think that the normal lab should be shorter/easier to path (there have been some rather tough labs in normal mode), but those are about my only complaints so far. Oh, and is there a way to remove enchantments completely? Because that should probably be a thing.

By the way, love the new music :)
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I like labyrinth. I can easily complete it in 10-15 minutes even on my ES (!!!) character. So i think that your complains come from your lack of skill. Practice labyrinth and get a good gear. Simply put, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ASCENDED!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Eugen on Mar 11, 2016, 7:22:24 AM
Feelsgoodman, got to open four chests in a full run.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 11, 2016, 7:24:02 AM
"
Eugen wrote:
I like labyrinth. I can easily complete it in 10-15 minutes even on my ES (!!!) character. So i think that your complains comes from your lack of skill. Practice labyrinth and get a good gear. Simply put, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ASCENDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, stop the pseudo-elitism bullsh*t! Wenn you put most of your skillpoints into defense and the boss still oneshots you, there is a serious balancing problem. It has nothing to do with skill, just a bad gameplay design or not enough testing. Get good gear has nothing to do with skill either. I remind you PoE is heavy RnG based. Kills the fun completely.

DCs are not to be underestimated too - same result: Laby resets!

The "do not deserve to be ascended" phrase is arrogant without end. But mindsets like this show exactly why there is no discussion possible. If many players don't like certain aspects of the game, the devs and the rest of the community should listen and find a well thought out compromise to fit everyones need.

EAT OR DIE is not the best approach for playerbase enrichement. To force players to do something they hate endlessly will only result in frustration.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Mar 11, 2016, 7:36:19 AM
"
"
Eugen wrote:
I like labyrinth. I can easily complete it in 10-15 minutes even on my ES (!!!) character. So i think that your complains comes from your lack of skill. Practice labyrinth and get a good gear. Simply put, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ASCENDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, stop the pseudo-elitism bullsh*t! Wenn you put most of your skillpoints into defense and the boss still oneshots you, there is a serious balancing problem. It has nothing to do with skill, just a bad gameplay design or not enough testing. Get good gear has nothing to do with skill either. I remind you PoE is heavy RnG based. Kills the fun completely.

DCs are not to be underestimated too - same result: Laby resets!

The "do not deserve to be ascended" phrase is arrogant without end. But mindsets like this show exactly why there is no discussion possible. If many players don't like certain aspects of the game, the devs and the rest of the community should listen and find a well thought out compromise to fit everyones need.

EAT OR DIE is not the best approach for playerbase enrichement. To force players to do something they hate endlessly will only result in frustration.

DCs are getting fixed. And majority of players likes lab, but they are not complaining, they are playing the game quietly. Maybe GGG should make Atziri easier because you can't kill her? Or Dominus? Or Malachai? Or give you a few exalts? No, if your build is weak, you can't get all 6 points, only 4 on normal and cruel. I killed merciless Izaro with COC cyclone, ghudda's flasks build (while all my flasks was empty) and lightning arrow voltaxic rift pretty easy without any issues. THIS EXPANSION WAS MEANT TO BE FOR STRONG BUILDS. Even GGG itself has stated that. So yea, farm maps and get gear and play like you was playing before this patch, like nothing has changed
I've actually done lab in normal and cruel with an underleveled and not very well geared firestorm/meatshield build that's far from be defined metà i think and it's gone well.

Sure izaro is overtimes if you don't turn off as much power ups you can and i think you cannot be safe with less than 1000ehp normal and 2000ehp cruel (by safe i mean avoiding the risk of being oneshotted), but those are easy to get wireless h some rng+master crafting+passive tree choices.

So far i really enjoy the lab and honestly i can't understand all the QQ.

It's fine not to like it, but it's just not right to ask GGG to remove a content where you have just to endure a couple of hours of gameplay to get your ascendancies. Seriously that's not fine at all, considering that you can just wait to run it and be so overleveled to make it trivial, while not being stopped at all from doing maps, dried lake runs, whatever before attempting lab.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Lab is hella fun, shame i got all the enchantments i needed in 30 runs :/
Make enchants more random ggg please.
Oh and please increase argus he's hp need a better target to test my dps now i can oneshot voll in driedlake. Thanks
IGN: LarsPunkNado (dps ts/punture)
IGN: larshuijskens (max dps auramancer)
I don't mind the fights. I hate the maze.

I also hate how overtuned it is. You'll almost never get to the end of Act 3 and say "TIME FOR LABYRINTH!" Instead, you overlevel by 10-15 levels (I play HC) before attempting it.

Definitely needs some adjustment and I hate how long it takes.
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info