Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

The level of the release is typically based on a combination of how much effort (amount of change) and perceived significance of new features from the end user perspective. Chris has mentioned previously that adding new acts is a very significant amount of effort from the development perspective. I also assert that it would be considered a very significant new "feature/change" from the end user perspective to have a new act. This is completely consistent with my previous post on the matter.

edit: alternatively, there is no other reasonable explanation to what the x.y.x numbering system means. This is the universal meaning within software development organizations so, I have no clue what you think it could mean otherwise?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 10, 2016, 12:09:53 AM
I never said that it didn't make sense, just that the previous patchs between 1.0 and 2.0 didn't exactly behave like this.
It is likely that GGG is being now more consistent about this, which would mean that the 3.0 would be more consequent than 2.5

It could also be that it's easier for GGG to have such clear deadlines and make the planning and organizing of the whole thing easier.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Yes, I mean 3.0, which is supposed to really change the structure of the game, even tho we still don't know exactly how, because the announce was as vague as possible.

That kinda makes some balance discussions pointless, until we see what they really end up doing.

But I still think to make the Lab a gate to ASC is retarded.

People can enjoy the Lab and have great rewards, while I don't have to think about it when I plan my characters.

And If it's about the "you can pay the run", I rather pay for the Lab rewards, than for a mandatory Lab run to ASC my character.

It's like every piece of content is pretty optional after dry lake merc.

Unless you want to get the ASC points.

It's ok not to finish the last difficulty, it' ok not to do the side bosses, It's ok to lvl with lower tier content that's almost impossible to kill you.

But you can't avoid the Lab.

Yeah, that makes sense.
"
Yes, I mean 3.0, which is supposed to really change the structure of the game

No, that, no.
Only 2 difficulties, with a new act at least, that does not mean that it will "really change the structure of the game".
2.0.0 didn't, it added new specialization, a new act and a brand new dungeon, but the structure of the game ? Didn't really change, still the same.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
And I forgot the get to lvl 60 then do normal lab.

I love that one.

Why the fuck make a game and put content that's supposed to be challenging if you allow every cheap way in the book to avoid said challenge.
"

Why the fuck make a game and put content that's supposed to be challenging if you allow every cheap way in the book to avoid said challenge.

This is precisely because because every cheap isn't possible since one needs to go through it, that you guys are bitching about it.

funny
"
Fruz wrote:
"

No, that, no.
Only 2 difficulties, with a new act at least, that does not mean that it will "really change the structure of the game".
2.0.0 didn't, it added new specialization, a new act and a brand new dungeon, but the structure of the game ? Didn't really change, still the same.

Your logic is flawed.

Depending on how you remove content, and what you remove, you may very well have a lot more shit to reorder.

To add a new act you just fuck around with the numbers. That's why some people find act IV harder than a large portion of the next difficulty. They just slam the act IV in, and did not give a fuck.

Until we see if they really make a big change in 3.0 or not. If you read the first announcement they didn't even technically said that they were going to 100% remove a difficulty.

Tho that's the common assumption and maybe they confirmed it later, idk.

After 3.0 the Lab may not be a problem, we don't know, that's why it's pointless to discuss it further (at least in great detail) until we have some facts.

And with GGG you get the fact the day of the release or a month later, so...
"
Fruz wrote:
"

This is precisely because because every cheap isn't possible since one needs to go through it, that you guys are bitching about it.

funny

[Removed by Support]

I can pay someone to walk me through the Lab, or I can over level so much it becomes a non factor.

We bitch about it because, at least some of us, do not think that's a good game design.

And I would prefer the ASC to be something I enjoy while I develop the character.

Not another "just do this until lvl 60 then respec".

We have a lot of those already.

In any case, the trials, the 4 labs, every league, it's a lot of time wasted doing something you don't like.

I'm sorry if you go through life taking everything like it comes as a beach.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Dec 10, 2016, 9:23:29 PM
"
"
Fruz wrote:
"

No, that, no.
[...]
Until we see if they really make a big change in 3.0 or not. If you read the first announcement they didn't even technically said that they were going to 100% remove a difficulty.

Your logic is flawed.

Depending on how you remove content, and what you remove, you may very well have a lot more shit to reorder.

To add a new act you just fuck around with the numbers. That's why some people find act IV harder than a large portion of the next difficulty. They just slam the act IV in, and did not give a fuck.

This is just not true, it was already like this when they added Dominus, you can be sure that they are doing this on purpose, to put a difficulty spike and emphasis on the last bosses.
Since you are posting from a troll account, I can't tell if you've been playing Path of Exile enough to actually know those things.

Might be you just don't.

About the bolded part : This precisely show that there is no "supposed game structure changes".

Of course this discussion has been kinda pointless .... but like ... for ages already.

"

I can pay someone to walk me through the Lab, or I can over level so much it becomes a non factor.

You know that this isn't true.
You can be level 99 and still die in normal lab if you just don't pay attention.

"just do this until lvl 60 then respec"
"Respec" ??? What the hell seriously ?!
You can do labyrinth at equal level if your character is well build, with like basically any ( well enough built, optimized ) build that the game can offer.
If you cannot, I could just throw the "git gud!" flag at you, it's not because of the content, it's because of you.

The time wasted is the time that you are spending here bitching about the lab lol.
"
Fruz wrote:

About the bolded part : This precisely show that there is no "supposed game structure changes".

Arguing semantics seems pointless to me. You both can be considered correct that there will or will not be game structure changes depending on either reasonable definition of what a "game structure change" is.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info