It took less than a day for PvP to be filled with Templar Sparker

The Fact is, since one year the meta shift pushed everyone to Path of Ofscreen. Every successful build is based on this idea : To kill your opponent from as far as you can without him beeing able to do anything.

It started with EA, was confirmed with LA (where you vaguely have to point in a direction) and now we reached the pinnacle of it with Sparks where you don't even have to aim.

They really should be a hard distance cap where you can affect things.

And no you don't need a Brood Twin (made with duped and rmted orbs) to blast everything in Sarn, my trash build that I put together yesterday in around 15 minutes cost maximum 30ex and can do the job just as fine.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 11, 2016, 2:59:56 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:

They really should be a hard distance cap where you can affect things.

Been complained for years in PVE feedback, GGG wont do that. Even Charan asked for this and they don t listen.

About POE path of ranged, it is also for years. There is hint when they never really wanted to nerf Tornado shot in pve but nerf every league cyclone/leap/LS/flicker.

Truth is they are scared melee to be too strong for some reason.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 11, 2016, 3:05:19 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Icedeal!

"
IceDeal wrote:
And no you don't need a Brood Twin (made with duped and rmted orbs) to blast everything in Sarn, my trash build that I put together yesterday in around 15 minutes cost maximum 30ex and can do the job just as fine.

Exactly.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I have to agree with Dalb on this one, 2H RT has been nerfed into the ground and the imbalance is so obvious. I can speak objectively as I have both Brood twine and Mind Fang on my active characters. It is very true that you can offscreen with Brood Twine LA 1-2 shot almost anyone.

Now to be fair, look at this:

Its god damned perfect. It's really expensive and it does a ton of damage and it is not unfair for it to kill players really fast.

To that same point,

This sword is also retardedly powerful, and If I land on top of you with this and start spinning, you should die, really fucking fast.

But why is it that Brood Twine's power is reflected in the game and in PvP, but melee seems to have only a fraction of the effectiveness you'd expect? I can set up to do just under 30,000 lightning damage per hit with that sword as RT (and with lightning penetration) and it does NOT one shot people, or TWO shot people. I am often having to do hundreds of thousands of resist-penetrating damage to whittle through 5k life. But from two screens away I can insta-gib? Why? It does not make sense.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"

my point was not to say that specifically you dont have to adapt and swap etc etc. It is surely required at top lvl pvp and you are clearly doing that (which i consider btw as a part of skill). I just wanted to point out that it is often looking like the opponent does no effort while you think and work your ass off etc and still lose and hence request nerfs for other builds leading to 1-build-meta, which is not what i think is the "healthier" way for the game.

There is no doubt that LA build is strong due to its mechanics and should be nerfed to be in line, it just looks ridicoulous if people write "i made the LA build in 5 mins and killed everyone easily". These should play the build for longer than 5 mins, vs proper opponents and they will see there are enough counters/challenges and thinking how to approach required
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
Last edited by Sadat on Mar 11, 2016, 3:25:40 PM
ive seen your 30ex build icedeal, and you can only beat pve noobs with that to be honest. i am NOT meaning here that you are a bad build maker, my opinion is that you really make good builds with low budget but that LA test of yours can have no chance against paukembor, shadowthefall, libritannia or lapiz... etc. you can get 1-2 one shots with lucky crits from high distance with it and you can say 'wow LA is OP, see this is the proof'. that doesnt mean you can do good with that build. if you can get a win against these guys let me know.

and as i always say, that pvp clown - troll pepocktitan was one shotting me from 7k and his attack speed was so high that i coudlnt land a shot on him before he reaches me.

cause his build was 2000ex. and my build is 2000ex too. so we are... equal... kinda. a friend is selling 100% lightning - > fire conversion ammy. 350ex. buy that, buy mind fang 500ex, get lvl 100, get a good abyssus, get x2, 42wed 7% attack speed, 9-15 phys rings... which are 350ex x2. you can easily wreck my ass... and you'll see that melee can kick asses too.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 11, 2016, 3:50:16 PM
"
Sadat wrote:

There is no doubt that LA build is strong due to its mechanics and should be nerfed to be in line, it just looks ridicoulous if people write "i made the LA build in 5 mins and killed everyone easily". These should play the build for longer than 5 mins, vs proper opponents and they will see there are enough counters/challenges and thinking how to approach required

Well the think is... I just did and you saw the results. Sur I can't instagib as well has someone who spent between 2000ex and a couple of hundreds. But the results is "really" close and it costed me a fraction of that price to reach it.

Granted I have a really deep knowledge of the game so theorycrafting this stuff wasn't very hard bu I managed to pull together something who work pretty well.

"
Rupenus wrote:
ive seen your 30ex build icedeal, and you can only beat pve noobs with that to be honest. i am NOT meaning here that you are a bad build maker, my opinion is that you really make good builds with low budget but that LA test of yours can have no chance against paukembor, shadowthefall, libritannia or lapiz... etc. you can get 1-2 one shots with lucky crits from high distance with it and you can say 'wow LA is OP, see this is the proof'. that doesnt mean you can do good with that build. if you can get a win against these guys let me know.

Wow so now for a build to be op you need to beat 5 people with it? I knew we where a small community but this kind of statement to balance a build around 5 people make absolutely no sense. If i can rape 99.5% of the player base with a 30ex build (because apparently only the name you mentionned are worth fighting), there is a massive problem here.

But yet again I did that with EA a year ago and the feeling is really close with that build (granted I wont go that far with a budget build).
I must say that's a wonderfull EA hunting machine tho.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 11, 2016, 3:57:01 PM
You complained enough that they are making balance changes based on sarn arena @.@

I'm dead.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Sadat wrote:

Well the think is... I just did and you saw the results.

??? you killed in sarn the same people you would have killed with any other of your chars. I dont see how that could be any reference for a build being OP. 1vs1 Ladder is surely not a good benchmark due to lack of participation of most pvpers but is better than sarn arena. so maybe rush the ladder or rule the next hld tournament
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info