It took less than a day for PvP to be filled with Templar Sparker

RIP PvP,

Seeing the arena full with those Templar Human totem Sparker spamming their skills endlessly from corners make me very sad...

Ducktape meta confirmed.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 5, 2016, 9:25:00 PM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 10:02:18 PM
Don't forget the nerdlinger who kinda started it all, or at least was #1 in Talisman, KillingFloor.

I'm avoiding PvP for awhile though, at least until I get stronger. Or until PvP has been given a look at.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
There were other strong sparkers before that talisman sparker existed, mostly in standard, but they all restrained themselves. That talisman sparker just enjoyed griefing others by making pvp in sarn arena impossible for long periods.
Talisman gave the final blow to PvP, Inquisitor is the only option for who isn't rich enough to buying a 100% conversion talisman, sure is broken, but not more than troll poison build pre patch: essence drain, consuming dark fire conversion, any Poison Blade fall/Blade vortex/EK or even Trap/Remote Mine build, Spark Build, EA before Talisman?
I personally quitted PvP, i used to make cheap but viable pvp build, had fun reaching top 20 or so, i don' t think is possible anymore(unless you play inquisitor), the gap between new and old players bocomes bigger and bigger with every patch note: legacy surgeon flasks, legacy conversion Talisman, sure there were legacy gear even before but you can't literally play anymore without those...if i should give an advice to a new player starting PvP is to play inquisitor and abuse it untill is nerfed, at least will have some fun, PvP is doom anyways
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Mar 6, 2016, 8:20:28 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
Talisman gave the final blow to PvP, Inquisitor is the only option for who isn't rich enough to buying a 100% conversion talisman, sure is broken, but not more than troll poison build pre patch: essence drain, consuming dark fire conversion, any Poison Blade fall/Blade vortex/EK or even Trap/Remote Mine build, Spark Build, EA before Talisman?
I personally quitted PvP, i used to make cheap but viable pvp build, had fun reaching top 20 or so, i don' t think is possible anymore(unless you play inquisitor), the gap between new and old players bocomes bigger and bigger with every patch note: legacy surgeon flasks, legacy conversion Talisman, sure there were legacy gear even before but you can't literally play anymore without those...if i should give an advice to a new player starting PvP is to play inquisitor and abuse it untill is nerfed, at least will have to fun, PvP is doom anyways

true true, only blind still continue to hope for pvp. So many people quit, good players like Sith blur or victordoom.

Those are the smart ones, they understood, they understood GGG pvp is just a drug fix and a bad one.
It is Crack pipe drug! YOu are all drug addicted thinking every shot will get you closer to paradise but all you get is hell in the end. Hell and misery and forum post filed with pain and disgust.

They make you believe, you want to believe but in the end always same! Patch after patch after patch always same!

If poeple here still believe I call you fools! Go play pvp somewhere else, POE will never be good because they change metas and every 3 months game broken again.
Even if they balance pvp soon, then 3 month and all is broken again for a year.

Only idiots could not see this patch would be broken! We all see it would be but we hoped because this game is like Crack.

Next patch maybe some will buy supporter pack again then cry pvp still suck.This repeat all time It is like drug haha.

Remember Dan answer in thread not long ago about templar?

They had no idea if new change would break pvp so then he ask "secretive" pvp dev member and they say "maybe it will be problem" Lol
you can see nothing is made with pvp in mind or even thinking a little about pvp. Maybe new change will be impossible to balance because they changed so much but nothing was preview for pvp.

Do like the smart one and just sell everything and play only pve and find other pvp game that will make you happy more than a week before feeling betrayed.

Like we say:

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

You should know now!

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 6, 2016, 6:16:28 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
crazyjake wrote:
I personally quitted PvP, i used to make cheap but viable pvp build, had fun reaching top 20 or so, i don' t think is possible anymore(unless you play inquisitor), the gap between new and old players bocomes bigger and bigger with every patch note: legacy surgeon flasks, legacy conversion Talisman, sure there were legacy gear even before but you can't literally play anymore without those...if i should give an advice to a new player starting PvP is to play inquisitor and abuse it untill is nerfed, at least will have to fun, PvP is doom anyways

true true, only blind still continue to hope for pvp. So many people quit, good players like Sith blur or victordoom.

Those are the smart ones, they understood, they understood GGG pvp is just a drug fix and a bad one.
It is Crack pipe drug! YOu are all drug addicted thinking every shot will get you closer to paradise but all you get is hell in the end. Hell and misery and forum post filed with pain and disgust.

They make you believe, you want to believe but in the end always same! Patch after patch after patch always same!

If poeple here still believe I call you fools! Go play pvp somewhere else, POE will never be good because they change metas and every 3 months game broken again.
Even if they balance pvp soon, then 3 month and all is broken again for a year.

Only idiots could not see this patch would be broken! We all see it would be but we hoped because this game is like Crack.

Next patch maybe some will buy supporter pack again then cry pvp still suck.This repeat all time It is like drug haha.

Remember Dan answer in thread not long ago about templar?

They had no idea if new change would break pvp so then he ask "secretive" pvp dev member and they say "maybe it will be problem" Lol
you can see nothing is made with pvp in mind or even thinking a little about pvp. Maybe new change will be impossible to balance because they changed so much but nothing was preview for pvp.

Do like the smart one and just sell everything and play only pve and find other pvp game that will make you happy more than a week before feeling betrayed.

Like we say:

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

You should know now!

Some just don't care and do it to pass time. Only exerting the effort to occasionally call out people that are full of shit or are hypocrites.

You write a lot like Sith himself by the way...just saying.

As far as the current state of PvP goes. Nothing has changed, what was stupid before is still stupid now with a few more viable build options sprinkled in. They still only need to target a few areas properly to get PvP where it needs to be for everyone. Well...everyone that isn't carried heavily by the neglected/broken stuff that is. Those players will jump ship and the rest of us will continue to PvP.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
My cold snapper can kill that VA_KillingFloor guy until he added knockback. I play HC he plays SC. I believe my Cold Snapper build can kill him in sarn arena, but we'll never know now. Temp league PVP FTW but not in this league!
IGN: Wackadin
That escalated quickly
Yep Spark is lame, and the only fix I see is not allowing spark to be used with Inc Dur at all in a PVP environment.

The couple things I've had work against him are:

w/ Leap slam. If he summons the stupid infinite bramblejack guardian that reflects phys, use a level 1 leap slam/fa/stun/p2l to get to him quickly and then use the 100% lightning dmg static strike/p2l setup to kill him. It only takes 1 or 2 hits to get him.

I can kill him on an infinite loop doing this.

Or of course just EA/LA spamming, but again this is almost as lame as spark.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
According to my PM box, there is hope guys.

"
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Hey IceDeal,

We're aware of some of the abusive spark tactics people are using and are looking at a few different solutions.

We don't want to hurt PvE sparkers, so certain mechanical changes are tricky, but simply reducing the damage doesn't solve the core problem of it feeling like a sea of unavoidable damage.

It is likely that a damage reduction will end up the solution in the short term, while we review better long-term solutions. I cannot say when such a change will make it to the live realm however.

-Nick

We just need to endure it a bit longer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info