The Trials. feedback.

The trials are designed as a tutorial. They are deliberately easy. They are designed in such a way where you are shown what the traps do, in a way that is virtually risk free.

There is no reason that they should be required on each difficulty or multiple charactars.

Unlike something like Dominus which is designed to be challenging.

The difference here is that a challenge is designed to gate content, while a tutorial is not and the trials are tutorial.
Last edited by Caridor on Mar 5, 2016, 11:10:52 AM
They're both. Tutorial first time, gate from then on.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Char1983
Well if you look at it from a "lore" perspective it does make sense, though from a gameplay point of view it makes little sense in my honest opinion.

@HeWhoAnswersTheCall
Interesting point, i must concede that i'm doing them again and again because i'm doing them with already leveled characters. With a fresh character doing them alongside the rest of the content while progressing through the game it might not be such a choir.

Yeeeeeah I think it's a given almost anything GGG add now that's meant to be accessible at a lower level will be a chore on overleveled ones. But you're getting serious power out of it. It's just another form of grinding, except you don't have to do it ten hours a day for a week. I don't quite get how people who can mindlessly do maps for hours on end for virtually no gain can complain about running six little mazes that should take half an hour, max, and then a bigger maze, one hour or so... To get basically super powered abilities and a shot at a bunch of treasure filled chests.

Where's the logic?

1½ hours per character? Right. You see those two words? PER CHARACTER.

Off my head I can think of six standard characters that I need to get ascendancies for. What do you think is more exhilarating, running maps and seeing your exp bar go up, or running all the trials and rinths to complete them in ~9 hours?

Think before posting.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"

. It's just another form of grinding, except you don't have to do it ten hours a day for a week. I don't quite get how people who can mindlessly do maps for hours on end for virtually no gain can complain about running six little mazes that should take half an hour, max, and then a bigger maze, one hour or so... To get basically super powered abilities and a shot at a bunch of treasure filled chests.

Where's the logic?

Well the difference if you ask me is that the trials are clearly a tutorial, they are not comparable to maps, the labyrinth or really ... to anything. The rest of the things yield rewards, while the trials as you've perfectly described them are just a "gate" to the actual thing, a needless gate to it if i must add. Though again ... maybe with a new character it doesn't have that feeling to it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 5, 2016, 11:20:50 AM
"

Are you joking or trolling?

Dominus gates by gearing and skill. This gates by time expended on needless, pathetically easy busy work.
"
WHY do we need to complete them in EVERY SINGLE DIFFICULTY!?

...Why do POE have 3 difficulties at all?
Why do I have to kill Hillock again?
Cmon..
Why should everything be so linear so that parties can steamroll the whole content ,skipping areas like the catacombs just to rush to endgame grinding?
I think this is a step in the right direction.
To do these trials is no timesink at all , its a way to a goal that you want to complete..Make peeps explore the content .Pls GGG dont do a "blizzard"
(just my opinion)
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
Last edited by Lazze on Mar 5, 2016, 11:37:54 AM
"
Caridor wrote:
"

Dominus gates by gearing and skill. This gates by time expended on needless, pathetically easy busy work.

Neither. I think you're the one trolling by suggesting gearing and skill are even vaguely related.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
"
"
Caridor wrote:
"

Neither. I think you're the one trolling by suggesting gearing and skill are even vaguely related.

Oh, I'm sorry, for a second there, I thought it might be obvious that Dom requires both, at least to a certain degree.
If English isn't your first language, my apologies, I can understand how you might not understand what I meant. Otherwise, use your brain before posting. I refuse to think that you're incapable of understanding, so I can only assume your comment was made out a complete lack of thought.
Last edited by Caridor on Mar 5, 2016, 11:43:47 AM
Complaining about something that takes less than 10 minutes across all difficulties?

The whining just never stops.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"

. It's just another form of grinding, except you don't have to do it ten hours a day for a week. I don't quite get how people who can mindlessly do maps for hours on end for virtually no gain can complain about running six little mazes that should take half an hour, max, and then a bigger maze, one hour or so... To get basically super powered abilities and a shot at a bunch of treasure filled chests.

Where's the logic?

Well the difference if you ask me is that the trials are clearly a tutorial, they are not comparable to maps, the labyrinth or really ... to anything. The rest of the things yield rewards, while the trials as you've perfectly described them are just a "gate" to the actual thing, a needless gate to it if i must add. Though again ... maybe with a new character it doesn't have that feeling to it.

Like I said. Tutorial first time, set of switches to open the door into Ascendancy after that.

Surely thinking of these simple, quick hoops to jump through in that way helps remove some of the drudge.

I mean, hey. You don't have to Ascend. The game is no harder than it was before. But if you want to, I think the cost in time in relation to what you get out of it is still waaaaylower than what you get out of running map after map after map.

I swear some players have epic Stockholm's Syndrome when it comes to Maps.

Currently playing on:
and,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info