The labyrinth is both boring and frustrating

You got a problem with fat people, buddy?

Spoiler
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 7, 2016, 9:08:11 PM
"
You got a problem with fat people, buddy?

Being a formerly-fat person myself, from a family who have all struggled to keep our size to a healthy level, let me say: NO.

I actually like zaftig women much more than skinny-minnies. Not a judgment on anyone, just my taste.

Don't you dare imagine that what I was talking about was "zaftig-ness". No, they (feminist SJWs) want to force us to look at walls of morbidly obese blubber and "accept" it as "beautiful".

But this thread isn't about that, and I'm a horrible person.

ObShittyrinth: Fat scions will have a particularly hard time navigating the figure-8 sword log room.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I'm not continuing this derail. I find you genuinely repugnant. [/i]

LOL @ calling the Sarkeesian a game dev.

And at least I know I'm doing something right when someone who thinks THAT, finds me repugnant. You just made my day, sunshine.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Diablo 3 greater rift version 1. If you die your not going to make it.

Really didnt enjoy that either

Anyone who labels themself a feminist would probably be very annoying
Last edited by Chadwixx on Mar 7, 2016, 9:18:04 PM

-VG-[/quote]

Ironically, VG, the only ARPG I've played that was purely mindless killing and picking up loot and pretty much nothing else has been Path of Exile. Diablo 1 had plenty of quests that required puzzle solving. Diablo 2 had serious maze-like areas and backtracking, especially in act 3 (which most people skipped or rushed after the first few times, as there was no real reward to it). Torchlight was one big maze. I guess I only played D3 once through on console but I hardly classify that brawler as an ARPG. But if the sorts of people who think 'fucking arpg' is just 'I want kill mosters and pick up loot' are basing their idea of ARPG off D3, maybe that game would suit them more. (That said, I seem to recall the console version actually had traps...probably to offset that active dodge button.)

It's just sort of sad that GGG are finally back on track creating a multi-layered action role-playing game, and yet they've spent so long fostering a playerbase that neither wants nor needs it. Oh well. The Labyrinth isn't going anywhere. GGG are clearly very proud of their work and well they should be.

Like it or leave it, as the old saying goes. Or, y'know. Keep making more futile feedback threads demanding (lol, demanding, right) they remove it or extricate Ascendancy points from it. Again, lol -- do you people have no idea how important theme and lore is to GGG? The Labyrinth was designed to test for Ascendancy, for worthiness. You reaaaally think GGG are just going to waste all those resources to give you what you want?

But the greatest irony is these people complaining don't realise that all their complaints mean is they're just not worthy of Izaro's treasures. Can't admit to themselves that there's a new challenge (be it of skill, tedium, leap slam, whatever) and instead of tackling it, they just came here and cried. And cried. And cried.

And the Labyrinth remained the Labyrinth despite all their tears. The walls didn't care. The traps just kept going. Izaro is still waiting for worthy challengers. The prizes remain unclaimed.

GGG should put some crying npcs in the Aspirants Plaza. Those who couldn't handle it. Driven mad by the maze, lost forever.

...And then they should dress those npcs in top tier legacy gear, just for a laugh.

GGG will get $400USD out of me as a result of this expansion, despite my earlier promises to no longer support. I am that happy with Ascendancy, with how it's all gone. Just figured I'd mention that, in case some of you whingers need any more reminder that PoE is a product, GGG is a business, and they are not fools. When people support and support big, they figure they're doing something right. That's the message sent.

What sort of message are you sending with these emotionally charged, premature rants about new content that definitely takes a little time and effort to get adjust to?

The Labyrinth is very well balanced. I doubt GGG will need to tweak it very much from here on, which is, given their atrocious track record with balancing new content, quite a miracle in itself. So...yeah.

Like it or leave it. That's your only real choice here.

'Leave it and keep making pointless posts about it'...well, that's your GGGod-given right to waste your own time, I guess.

Toodles.

[/quote]

Excuse me, but i suggest you read that again.
You tell people to ""like it or leave it"" while you had a problem with mindless killing?
And if that is what ggg always wanted, why didnt they implement it 3 years ago?
And why are so many Player/supporter unaware of it?
You seem to know that much, so please explain me.
"
Besides, adding the helicopter-dude video, would also then just make it game content, so what is the difference really? :)

The difference is probably that I would quit.

"
joachimbond wrote:
I've offered my constructive feedback: add waypoints in the lab. Then the white knight crusaders come and tell me how wrong I am and how fun the lab is. Very constructive.

So I am a "white knight crusader" because I disagree with you and think that the lab should not have waypoints?

The lab is designed to be different from the rest of the game. It is very refreshing and fun, I just did it on Normal, before I had only done it on Merciless on an old character.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Mar 7, 2016, 10:34:26 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Besides, adding the helicopter-dude video, would also then just make it game content, so what is the difference really? :)

The difference is probably that I would quit.

"
joachimbond wrote:
I've offered my constructive feedback: add waypoints in the lab. Then the white knight crusaders come and tell me how wrong I am and how fun the lab is. Very constructive.

So I am a "white knight crusader" because I disagree with you and think that the lab should not have waypoints?

The lab is designed to be different from the rest of the game. It is very refreshing and fun, I just did it on Normal, before I had only done it on Merciless on an old character.

Again, sorry for wrong opinions.

If You would then quit, You would be doing it all wrong, should learn to love it, since would be then added by developers, and they know better. Would belong to game then.

"It is very refreshing and fun" Was this an order of some sort? Really sorry, once more, for having wrong opinions, will change them to Yours, and will try to avoid putting feedback on feedback forum, I understand these things now, ty.

I guess I misunderstood my own feelings, glad You pointed that out. I wouldn't have realized I was all wrong with how I feel about these add-ons to game without You.
Last edited by ForciblyBaptized on Mar 7, 2016, 11:11:20 PM
"
LSN wrote:
I like the labyrinth. Just the RNG for helmet enchantments is a bit too much probably.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

The Labyrinth is very well balanced. I doubt GGG will need to tweak it very much from here on, which is, given their atrocious track record with balancing new content, quite a miracle in itself. So...yeah.
[/i]

Indeed. Very well balanced it seems so far.

I agreed with him pretty much everywhere except this. It's really just that Izaro seems easy for some builds, and literally one-shots others (who are strong and absolutely owned his first 2 phases) within literally a half second of the battle beginning.

There's a YouTube video of this. I think LiftingNerd posted it. One hit from the sword, and the dude was done. Clearly that's not quite balanced yet. It'll take me quite a bit to beat him, and Dominus was cake.

But yes, it is supposed to be hard. Maybe not this hard for some builds, but it is supposed to be a challenge, a test. I like the idea of the unworthy exiles in the Plaza, just chilling with some beers and tales of failure. Hell, I feel a little discouraged already; at least I'd get a good laugh out of it while I go level further before trying the lab again.

... And Charan! If you get the Ascendant pack, you'll have the top packs in all eras. I just think that'd be cool, if you've decided you haven't quite finished supporting yet. I've seen the top levels from one other person here in the forums, but that excludes Ruler. It was still pretty cool to see, though. :)

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
joachimbond wrote:

Is that what GGG wants? That their players would have to force themselves to do something that they find annoying in the extreme, in order to gain access to a core feature of the game?

Well ... I doubt they anticipated so many people would find it so annoying.

I'm curious what other games you guys play. You'd hate parts of Dungeon Siege, that's for sure (Glitterdelve Mines, anyone?) And Act 3 was my favorite part of Diablo 2. I guess I'm in the minority there as well.

I do think the lab could be fixed up a bit. It could retain its hardcore nature of having to do it in one go, and could remain difficult, but not be ridiculously punishing for certain builds (which are otherwise quite good) in the Normal and maybe Cruel Izaro fights.

But it may take a bit of time before GGG finds that balance point. Some people are begging that they DON'T nerf him at all. Now, most of those are probably super hardcore players who don't play Standard and have specialized gaming equipment, but they exist and they're posting here too.

-VG-
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Diablo 3 greater rift version 1. If you die your not going to make it.

Really didnt enjoy that either

Anyone who labels themself a feminist would probably be very annoying

I'm a feminist, but it took me a *LONG* time to accept that fact. I never liked the term and the connotation that's presented by the media. Fringe extremists of any group are going to have their crazies, and feminism is no exception.

Hopefully I'm not super annoying (as I realize I'm making a third consecutive post in the same thread). Uh, yeah ... my bad. I'll just ... go over here now... ;)

-VG-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info