"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
To me it's similar to a food.

So, I can't compare laby to a4 but you're going to use food analogies? lol ok

"
Turtledove wrote:
Some have said that they create fewer new characters because they don't like dealing with labyrinth. Others have said that the Labyrinth tires them out more. It is a real thing but not everyone feels the same way about it.

And some have quit because of act 4, whats that have to do with anything? I know a fair portion of my friend list haven't come back since act 4 was introduced.

Your argument of it changing the gameplay to something akin to frogger is just flat out wrong. You keep bringing up that it changes the genre of the game when it absolutely doesn't. The fundamental skills that you need in the laby were already needed before the laby was ever even a thing.

As I said earlier, it's ok if you don't like it but please stop trying to make it out to be something that it isn't. Seems to me you're just wanting a game that requires brainless gameplay.

And...
mmmmm Okra *drools* :P

"
Turtledove wrote:
Different game play in different genres is a real thing. People liking some genres of games and not others or more than others is a real thing and very common. GGG trying to make Prince of Persia like game play in Labyrinth is a real thing. Prince of Persia is a different genre and a different game play from ARPG's. Some people disliking Labyrinth is different disliking Act 4 in that the genre of Act 4 is the same as the rest of PoE. I'm not saying that some people can't like Act 4 that like the rest of PoE. It is different because Labyrinth is a different genre from ARPG.

I see many threads of people not liking Labyrinth. Why didn't I see many threads of people not liking Act 4? I suspect that there are more people that dislike Labyrinth than Act 4 is the reason. The reason that is probably true is that Labyrinth (specifically traps) is a different genre from the rest of PoE. Some people that like PoE don't like the game play in Prince of Persia and hence don't like the game play in Labyrinth.

Goddamn you're begging and pleading the shit out of that question.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
I didn't realize all these other threads were just as ridiculous. I was containing myself to the other as I thought it was the most balls out insane.

It's a labyrinth, it's suppose to be both boring and frustrating. Get good.
"
I didn't realize all these other threads were just as ridiculous. I was containing myself to the other as I thought it was the most balls out insane.

Oh wait, nvm, I forgot this was the obvious troll/parody thread.

From the OP:

"
Which I actually approve of in theory, because who would want to use their brain while playing an ARPG?

I've done the labyrinth a bunch of times. Yeah, it's boring. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass that I like to finish asap and get on with the real game. It's an annoying bump in the road that I would happily skip if it weren't for the ascendancy skill points that are too valuable to skip. Every time I do it I'm thinking "let's get this shit over with as soon as possible and move on. Internet lag - die & start over. In-game lag - die & start over. Yeah, a whole bunch of fun in this pointless exercise. Except for those damned ascendancy skill pts. that we now need for our specialty builds. But nothing can change the fact that the labyrinth never feels like part of POE, only a sideshow made to annoy players.
"
Badfox14 wrote:
I've done the labyrinth a bunch of times. Yeah, it's boring. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass that I like to finish asap and get on with the real game. It's an annoying bump in the road that I would happily skip if it weren't for the ascendancy skill points that are too valuable to skip. Every time I do it I'm thinking "let's get this shit over with as soon as possible and move on. Internet lag - die & start over. In-game lag - die & start over. Yeah, a whole bunch of fun in this pointless exercise. Except for those damned ascendancy skill pts. that we now need for our specialty builds. But nothing can change the fact that the labyrinth never feels like part of POE, only a sideshow made to annoy players.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. You're number 656 on the list, as the list grows longer our voices grow stronger. Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 650 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Good lord is this thing boring as heck.
Fighting enemies is fun; Dodging a million traps is just tedious as heck, especially with all the backtracking needed in this place if you want to use/find keys and all the other such things.
Not to mention if you get DC'd, well, Grats! That's a crapton of time down the drain!
Of course, you can't just ignore this facet of the game though, oh no, gotta slog through it for those ascendancy points too.
It wouldn't be so bad if you could do it in bite size chunks like the rest of the game; like 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, waypoint to waypoint. but... no. gotta do it all in one run. >.<

Its tedious and unfun. Every other part of the game is superior to this abomination. NEVER put traps in any other part of the game GOG.
The lab itself is not bad... but the trials are annoying as *beep*...

I know a new league is a new league, but please make the trial status bleed through. Complete them once in any league, and you never have to do them again.
"
aleksandor wrote:
Good lord is this thing boring as heck.
Fighting enemies is fun; Dodging a million traps is just tedious as heck, especially with all the backtracking needed in this place if you want to use/find keys and all the other such things.
Not to mention if you get DC'd, well, Grats! That's a crapton of time down the drain!
Of course, you can't just ignore this facet of the game though, oh no, gotta slog through it for those ascendancy points too.
It wouldn't be so bad if you could do it in bite size chunks like the rest of the game; like 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, waypoint to waypoint. but... no. gotta do it all in one run. >.<

Its tedious and unfun. Every other part of the game is superior to this abomination. NEVER put traps in any other part of the game GOG.

1) dont dodge them. use whirling blades, quicksilver and shield charge.
1.1) standard long leayout uber lab run with non-specialized build is 12 min(5 keys + some silver if needed), with easy 4 key 6-7. how's that long?
2) wifi sucks.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 14, 2017, 7:40:54 AM
the labyrinth fucking sucks, all has been said already. most importantly the boss is too fucking hard for his map level. 3.0 has obviously got to change that failed system since no difficulties -> no 3 trials or labyrinths
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Mar 14, 2017, 10:54:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info