The labyrinth is both boring and frustrating

"
MisterER wrote:

So Lab is fine because u can get currency, i got the point.

This forum.

Exactly! GGG care about scams and trash more then players and fun. Thats fact. Lab was created and balanced to make more profit for scams, not for fun or something else.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Been playing for years.
I've attempted Labyrinth about 20 times.
Never got to 2nd Izaro fight, on my own.
Never killed by Izaro....except in my only party of 2 attempt....figure solo is safer.
Can kill Argus, fine....totem/golem/couple of spells/run....repeat as necessary

I die to traps (now adding more life flasks..have stone golem)
I die to traps
I die to traps......

You seriously die to traps? Why? Is your connection so bad? If not, you should work on your skills....
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
You seriously die to traps? Why? Is your connection so bad? If not, you should work on your skills....

Clear up your own backyard before commenting on the skill level of others.
"
Char1983 wrote:

So what? I've died to traps three times in HC, lost those characters. First one was level 60 ES build and died in normal Lab. Traps don't belong here in the way they are designed. You should be able to negate its damage and effects by your stats. BECAUSE THIS IS ARPG GAME.

I will never play Lab again till traps are nerfed/deleted/reworked. Atleast I wanna be able to buy the Lab clear w/o need to get past a single trap.
+1 to OP.

The Labyrinth is probably just fine and a nice *addition* to the game if you're into playing Indiana Jones stuff. Well; I don't like Indiana Jones games - I play arpgs to test builds and kill stuff. Now I'm forced to play a Indiana Jones game to complete my build. This gives me flashbacks from the latest WoW expansion, when Blizzard forced me to play menu-driven Facebook-like mini games to raid and craft.
I see the both the Labyrinth and WoW Garrisons as a huge design mistake - because they were implemented as a mandatory activity in the core gameplay. Imo; *never ever change the core gameplay*, which is the main reason why people started to play and enjoy the game in the first place.

Keep the Labyrinth for the players enjoying it, but pretty please with sugar on the top; take the ascendancy skill points out of it. Give the 2 ascendancy points for completing a difficulty level or something. If you dislike Indiana jones, Aztec challenge and traps/platform games in general, it's a pain that every single character has to be dragged through three times.

Looking forward to good news in future patch notes - I know I'm not alone ;)

"
Corrivati wrote:
First one was level 60 ES build and died in normal Lab. Traps don't belong here in the way they are designed. You should be able to negate its damage and effects by your stats. BECAUSE THIS IS ARPG GAME.

I honestly don't get the argument. Why should an ARPG game allow you to negate damage? You cannot negate (Uber) Atziri's double flameblast either, you just have to avoid it.

"
"
Char1983 wrote:

Clear up your own backyard before commenting on the skill level of others.

Not sure what you are referring to, if you got to tell me something personally, please do so by PM though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on May 9, 2016, 4:53:23 PM
"ascendancy classes not mandatory" HUE HUE HUE tell that to my build that TRIPLED its damage by getting ascendancy bonuses
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Corrivati wrote:
First one was level 60 ES build and died in normal Lab. Traps don't belong here in the way they are designed. You should be able to negate its damage and effects by your stats. BECAUSE THIS IS ARPG GAME.

I honestly don't get the argument. Why should an ARPG game allow you to negate damage? You cannot negate (Uber) Atziri's double flameblast either, you just have to avoid it.

Actually, you used to be able to negate it :)
I must admit, my only issue with the traps in lab is the fact that gear doesn't help, and it seems a bit off to have a difficulty not mitigated by gear in an ARPG where gear is king. I wouldn't mind some modifications on the trap damage, like a cap to an average value of what they are doing atm to a zone level character, so that if you really can't handle / fear the traps, you can always outgear them.
Other than that, I still don't understand why the lab generates so much noise in the community. Even if you hate it, it's 3*30 mins in the life of your character, you can even buy the izaro kills and all there is left is like 3 traps room to go through. Not a big deal imo.
"
Dawmz wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Corrivati wrote:

Actually, you used to be able to negate it :)
I must admit, my only issue with the traps in lab is the fact that gear doesn't help, and it seems a bit off to have a difficulty not mitigated by gear in an ARPG where gear is king. I wouldn't mind some modifications on the trap damage, like a cap to an average value of what they are doing atm to a zone level character, so that if you really can't handle / fear the traps, you can always outgear them.
Other than that, I still don't understand why the lab generates so much noise in the community. Even if you hate it, it's 3*30 mins in the life of your character, you can even buy the izaro kills and all there is left is like 3 traps room to go through. Not a big deal imo.

The issue with traps, at least for some people, is that it is a different game play that feels like a different game. A different genre of game that some people do not enjoy or do not want to experience when they are playing an ARPG.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info