Incident Report On Full Realm Crashes

I have to say that the first time I can remember a company admitting that the realm crash was preventable. Kudos to you GGG be online gaming since D2 days so i have seen many many crashes. well at least you know what went wrong so hopefully you'll get it fix properly
Thanks for the detailed explanation of what happened, I always find it fascinating. It's interesting how something can be a longstanding bug and not be an issue until some other new issue causes it to come to light; I remember that happening a while back at work where our handshaking protocol should not have been working at all, but it was somehow muddling through until another change brought it to light.

Been having a blast so far! Thanks for this wonderful game and such a huge expansion!
Gees, that's really fascinates me.
Some - wait, not some, practially all! - other companies always have such crashes and troubles on some massive events like release of new content (Blizzard, Valve, NCSoft, I can enumerate them endlessly). And they not even always apologize for troubles (sometimes, but not always).
And now there, detailed report with admitting your own fault... I'm totally fell in love with you, GGG. That's really a level of service and attention to players which all other companies should aspire.
Thanks for the report GGG. This really helps understand more the situation.
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
I imagine what happening during big expansion release in the GGG's office ))) Not only players don't sleep for 24 hours, but all the company members also ))) Thanks for great story !
Last edited by baev_os on Mar 5, 2016, 3:30:42 AM
Very interesting read and thanks for explaining it. It holds up better than a "sorry, now its fixed" =)
A server crash is always an annoyance and something that shows a fault were made somewhere. However it is not something that happens often for you guys at GGG. And then even when it does, because you allow the communication to the community to be quite direct and honest you can make players smile and in my case like your company and game even more than before..
Transparancy > very rare crash
I tip my fidora to you guys!
A very profesional and responsible answer. Congratulations for keeping us informed, keep up the good work.
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)
I understand your expectancies about the quality of service but look, you are more transparent than any company I've ever seen ! You explain the error, with understandable details, and you apologize. Plus, the crashes are so rare I can cook them (huehuehue).

Seriously, you're doing amazing job, very professional, very trustworthy. Nobody can predict 100% of the scenarios, that's humanly impossible.

Congrats once again for Ascendancy !
Thank you! <3
Last edited by toazd on Mar 5, 2016, 5:10:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info