[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Jani64 wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
I equiped a 260 PDPS bow, which is garbage, but it's already on par with the Prism. Prism will take you up to t10, phys Harbinger will take you further.

Good guide for leveling though, very fast!

Did you do any changes to the gearing or the passive tree before this, or will simply putting in a 300+ pdps Harbinger without any changes make my DPS better?

I'm struggling getting past T9 maps, since I have to invest so much to get enough Blast Rain damage(which still isn't good enough). I was hoping 6-linking my Prism would help, but when I do that I would have to remove some damage again to gain survivability(Gearing is kinda hard with all these uniques equipped).

I made 0 changes, just wanted to check before 6linking the prism. Not gonna do that anymore, started crafting a Harbinger.
my 4-link lioneyes glare outdamges 6-link doomfletch prism, wtf?
Hard to even clear t6 canyon with this thing whilst i was doing t12 easily with a mediocre 4-linked glare. The build was great up until now ive got that prism and its a complete and total let down :( did you even test the doomfletch prism change? In your video you talk about a simple harbinger being the best and it totally, and i mean totally is.

*update* the above is 100% legit without wielding drillneck. with it it is a whole lot better. does this mean we should use iron rings as rings then?
Last edited by Angryn00bert on Sep 21, 2016, 9:18:47 AM
"
Angryn00bert wrote:

*update* the above is 100% legit without wielding drillneck. with it it is a whole lot better. does this mean we should use iron rings as rings then?

The build requires flat physical damage. Drillneck I'd say is near mandatory. Same with rings, amulet and gloves that need +physical. It's what enables the bow to work.
"
"
Angryn00bert wrote:

The build requires flat physical damage. Drillneck I'd say is near mandatory. Same with rings, amulet and gloves that need +physical. It's what enables the bow to work.

cool, thanks for the clarification :)
"
"
Angryn00bert wrote:

I have a bunch of flat phys all over the place, still my 300pdps bow performs better.
Last edited by ressiv on Sep 21, 2016, 5:30:55 PM
With every additional post I get more confused in regards to which bow I should try to get. Close to just get a Voltaxic and switch to a Barrage build. This seems stalling towards ~ Map Tier 10.
"
DorianTheGrey wrote:
With every additional post I get more confused in regards to which bow I should try to get. Close to just get a Voltaxic and switch to a Barrage build. This seems stalling towards ~ Map Tier 10.

Definitely switch, I tested some more with my 300PDPS bow and it really hits a lot harder than my Prism. I would say Prism is very good until you get to T10+ maps. I wouldn't spend all my currency on getting the Prism T10+ viable, you're better (cheaper) off going Voltaxic or Phys Harbinger.
Why do you suggest using Drillneck if you don't use the pierce gem or get the pierce nodes? Isn't Drillneck a pretty garbage quiver without pierce chance? Unless there's pierce chance coming from somewhere else I'm pretty confused.
"
ressiv wrote:
"
DorianTheGrey wrote:

Definitely switch, I tested some more with my 300PDPS bow and it really hits a lot harder than my Prism. I would say Prism is very good until you get to T10+ maps. I wouldn't spend all my currency on getting the Prism T10+ viable, you're better (cheaper) off going Voltaxic or Phys Harbinger.

No offense but you have total on your gear (not including Bow because it is local):

6-12
6-12
3-7

As your only Flat physical Rolls on gear, of course even a shitty bow would beat Doomfletch Prism in this case. The bow has such low base damages you can only rely off of flat physical Rolls.

To put your amount in context, if I purchase the new Steel Ring base with a single poorly rolled t1 Flat Phys roll, it would almost match all the amount you offer with current gear. Now consider:

Another Steel Ring with Flat Phys
Meginord's Girdle
Flat Phys on Quiver (Drill possible, and likely good here)
Flat Phys on Amulet
Flat Phys on rare Glove

Where do you think your damage will be then?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 23, 2016, 1:32:32 PM
Completely agree, harbinger vs. Doomfletch is comparing an apple vs. A pear. If you want to test the difference with your harbinger build equip abbyssus and meginords and switch to doomfletch and you might have a feel about how good doomfletch can be. You also need a other passive tree though, with ele damage and pen nodes for doomfletch and also different gemlinks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info