[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
SumoFlorist wrote:
Thanks jayjamins for the points, no idea how that node below golems blood got away from me o_O...
Another question tho, what are your (jayjamins and all other ppl reading this) thoughts on immortal call? - i can keep 5-6 endurance charges up most of the time which equals to 24% physical reduction and ele resis, is it really worth having it procc at all those random times eating my endurance charges? I mean it doesnt protect me from onehits since it goes off AFTER the hit that triggers it and groups of porcupines or something SHOULD be survivable with granite + basalt *i think*, are there any viable alternatives like i dont know artic breath + gmp or something that can actually reduca ALL incoming damage for a period of time or am i still better off with immortal call? -- keep in mind i'm playing in HC so any death is a no go for me...

Edit: i mean instead of the cwdt immortal call molten shell 4link one could also run some kind of minion damage soaker for example zombies + minion life + minion and totem resistance + hmm maybe blind?

Or 2x vaal summon skeletons?

I dropped Immortal Call a while ago. My biggest issues were surviving higher tier bosses, 15+. Like you said, Immortal Call would maybe buy me 3 seconds but without a way to quickly generate or sustain Endurance Charges on bosses I would actually start taking way more damage.

Compared to this build, I've dropped the Frenzy charge from passive tree, and plan on swapping the Bandits Frenzy for the Endurance.

Still trying to figure out a good CWDT. I might try something related to Blind, but for now I'm using Vortex, Molten Shell, Increased Duration.
"
jayjamins wrote:
"
SumoFlorist wrote:
Thanks jayjamins for the points, no idea how that node below golems blood got away from me o_O...
Another question tho, what are your (jayjamins and all other ppl reading this) thoughts on immortal call? - i can keep 5-6 endurance charges up most of the time which equals to 24% physical reduction and ele resis, is it really worth having it procc at all those random times eating my endurance charges? I mean it doesnt protect me from onehits since it goes off AFTER the hit that triggers it and groups of porcupines or something SHOULD be survivable with granite + basalt *i think*, are there any viable alternatives like i dont know artic breath + gmp or something that can actually reduca ALL incoming damage for a period of time or am i still better off with immortal call? -- keep in mind i'm playing in HC so any death is a no go for me...

Edit: i mean instead of the cwdt immortal call molten shell 4link one could also run some kind of minion damage soaker for example zombies + minion life + minion and totem resistance + hmm maybe blind?

Or 2x vaal summon skeletons?

I dropped Immortal Call a while ago. My biggest issues were surviving higher tier bosses, 15+. Like you said, Immortal Call would maybe buy me 3 seconds but without a way to quickly generate or sustain Endurance Charges on bosses I would actually start taking way more damage.

Compared to this build, I've dropped the Frenzy charge from passive tree, and plan on swapping the Bandits Frenzy for the Endurance.

Still trying to figure out a good CWDT. I might try something related to Blind, but for now I'm using Vortex, Molten Shell, Increased Duration.

Mhm what about a setup like: CWDT + Arctic breath (for the chilled ground) + GMP (more arctic breath) + Temoral chains / enfeeble / vortex (more slow or weakening) ?

Think i'll try running cwdt + arctic breath + gmp + enfeeble in one 4L and use another with cwdt + molten shell + golem
Last edited by SumoFlorist on Oct 27, 2016, 11:25:03 AM
I'm already running Blasphemy + Vuln/Enfeeble so I don't have room for the extra curse, but would love it. Since I picked up a Disfavour I've specced out of all the elemental damage and mace passive nodes. Definitely considering Arctic Breath as well. Might try something that leaves Shocking Ground, too.

I suppose if you weren't running a curse, something like you said would probably be great (CWDT + Enfeeble + Arctic Breath + Blind). Maybe Arctic Breath + Smoke Mine?

EDIT: might even do something totally different and work in some utility like Vaal Haste and maybe a Chaos Golem for more mitigation. So many choices, really have no idea what to go with.
Last edited by jayjamins on Oct 27, 2016, 12:13:25 PM
Okay so i just died to a group of "herald of the obelisk" stone golems - which i oneshot except for 1 that was a little away from the grp and hadn't triggered yet... the obelisks spammed lightning orbs all around and killed me mid-leap, anything to do against something like that or is it just bad luck? (had 5k life and was resi capped).
I copied the build as well as I could. I ran the toon up to level 89 without any real issues other than my lack of skill.

I have a 6L chest and a 5L Marohi. My gear is pretty common otherwise:

Spoiler

I have trouble with reflect missions; in fact I stopped playing them. Otherwise no real issues. I've been through Merciless Labyrinth and can handle the tier 12 maps that I have found.

I'll experiment this evening with moving the Ancestral Warchief to the 6L. I learned from the last reflect missions that a 10k dps Earthquake kills the yard trash. I have 32k dps not counting frenzy charges. This will reduce to 22k dps or so using the 5L.

I am a little confused on if it matters if the Ancestral Warchief is in the Marohi or in the chest armor. Does it matter?

EDIT - it matters. As it turns out, I think the build is better through Tier 11 maps, anyway, when the Ancestral Warchief is in the Marohi. It pretty much eradicates everything in a large area (thanks to said Marohi's built-in AoE). If the Marohi were a 6-link, it would be pretty brutal. The issue with Earthquake being in the Marohi is that the Warchief can't saw though packs quickly enough and you end up taking time to kill white mobs.

Last edited by TigerSpook on Oct 29, 2016, 11:23:35 AM
This build is incredible!!! So much fun, and for now its working really fine for me.

I would like to try to go as far as I can with this build, so if anyone can give any advice on which items should I change and overall what to look for. Also would like to know if I should use Ancestral Warchief or should I switch to Vaal Ground Slam.

My Gear:
Spoiler

I'm missing blood rage because I dont have enough dex LOL.

My passive skill tree (83 lvl):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBLMFLQmWFCAV7Bm0GjgaPiE0Jy8pLiyUMok0jjWSOQ462DrhPAU9_EE_QzFHfkz_TeNQR1HmVw1X4lhjWfNfP2IXZU1o8mvUa9lyqXTtdqx343fleA14enloe9R8uHzZffWCB4KbhJSE2YTvhjuHaolxivCMz49gkFWRzpSHlmyXeZ7Fn9-iAKZXqSepbqmUqs2sqq2Nr2y0L7XyuR29Nr6nwBrAZsEExBXE9sqQz37SIdZY2L3ZYdl82sHfsuFz5FHpRuoY7FztIO8O73zwH_Gs8kHyRfZI9zL-Cv6P?accountName=DDukA&characterName=DDukAD

Well THANKS in advance!!
"
TigerSpook wrote:
I copied the build as well as I could. I ran the toon up to level 89 without any real issues other than my lack of skill.

I have a 6L chest and a 5L Marohi. My gear is pretty common otherwise:

Spoiler

I have trouble with reflect missions; in fact I stopped playing them. Otherwise no real issues. I've been through Merciless Labyrinth and can handle the tier 12 maps that I have found.

I'll experiment this evening with moving the Ancestral Warchief to the 6L. I learned from the last reflect missions that a 10k dps Earthquake kills the yard trash. I have 32k dps not counting frenzy charges. This will reduce to 22k dps or so using the 5L.

I am a little confused on if it matters if the Ancestral Warchief is in the Marohi or in the chest armor. Does it matter?

EDIT - it matters. As it turns out, I think the build is better through Tier 11 maps, anyway, when the Ancestral Warchief is in the Marohi. It pretty much eradicates everything in a large area (thanks to said Marohi's built-in AoE). If the Marohi were a 6-link, it would be pretty brutal. The issue with Earthquake being in the Marohi is that the Warchief can't saw though packs quickly enough and you end up taking time to kill white mobs.

Your EQ should be doing more than enough damage to clear trash packs in maps. Warchieft is for rares and bosses.
Edit: figured it out myself :D
Last edited by kizzderose on Nov 6, 2016, 7:50:17 AM
hello, how do i generate fenzy and endurance charges in this build as a champion?
How about curses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info