[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Whats the best gem to leave out for a 5L Marohi Erqi?
I'm running a 5L cyclone now for single target/bosses. Im thinking of Heavy Strike. What are your thoughts on the best single target 5L for bosses?

Would you say Heavy Strike - Melee Phys - Added Fire - WED - Multistrike? Never used Heavy Strike before so Im not sure if Multistrike and Knockback will cause you to miss attacks.

Thanks.

I'm finding Kaom's to be a lot more useful than LC atm, although I'll keep the Coil and play around with it some more.

I like to have as much automated as possible so I really only have to activate a few buss in my H/O then just EQ everything - all charges etc are auto.

Currently at about 7.5k Life. DPS is 48k with charges and 76k with flasks.

The helmet enchant is great.

Using the standard tree from this guide atm - but I have dropped the mana/life leech nodes.

Things to improve:

Ring - could be better overall
Amulet - if I could get +1 frenzy charge that'd be great.
Boots - again with the frenzy charge.
Belt - more ele weapon damage.

Loving the build, currently only 87 but it's a lot of fun and I'm not finding anything particularly difficult. My deaths are usually through stupidity or tiredness.

"
eugenez wrote:
I'm running a 5L cyclone now for single target/bosses. Im thinking of Heavy Strike. What are your thoughts on the best single target 5L for bosses?

Would you say Heavy Strike - Melee Phys - Added Fire - WED - Multistrike? Never used Heavy Strike before so Im not sure if Multistrike and Knockback will cause you to miss attacks.

Thanks.

That should work! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
eugenez wrote:

Thanks.

I would probably replace WED with Stun, most likely you'll be able to stunlock anything.
"
Nalroc wrote:
I have just enough currency to get either a 5L Marohi or a Lightning Coil. Which is more important?

A 4L Marohi will be fine for maps and 240% physical damage ones are in PSC for ~5C. Lightning Coil will last you to end game and is a nice survivability boost. I do not think either item is build defining and while I would suggest getting the Lightning Coil first I think you will get better value by upgrading all your pieces to decent 5 chaos rares instead of getting one big ticket Lightning Coil.
"
Kefka92 wrote:
Whats the best gem to leave out for a 5L Marohi Erqi?

The order lifting lists them is his suggested priority. I would also leave out phys to lightning in a 5l.
"
dragonsroc wrote:
I don't think running Blasphemy + WM is worth it if you're looking for the leech to drop the leech nodes. You can alternatively just get the leech enchantment on boots with WM on a CWDT setup and not have to sacrifice an entire ring slot. I just put a WM in my lv1 CWDT-golem setup with the leech enchantment on my boots and I run into 0 mana problems. The way I see it: sustain on packs is via the enchantment, and sustain on bosses is thru the CWDT-WM.

This is my setup that I use so that EQ is the only mana spender.

This is my passive tree right now (working on the lower Mace wheel).

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBLMFLQmWC2EMXxLhFCAUcRXsHKchNCFVLJQuUzGeNI41kjkOOuE8BTwtPfxAoEE_QzFHfk3jUEdR5lOlU7tYY1oaXhNfP2IXZU1nm2hlaPJr2W87dO12rHfjeA14enloeu971HzZggeDX4SUhNmE74VShjuHaolxivCMz5HOlIeXeZ7Fn9-iAKLqplepJ6luqZStja4-r2y0L7XyuR277b02vqe_1cAawGbBBMMzxILGrsqQz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB37LkUelG6hjrCexc7w7vfPAf8kHyRfPd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==

A good suggestion I will definitely be looking to pick up this enchant. Warlod's mark is doing more than just the leech its auto generating endurance charges and helping stun during mapping. CWDT Warlord's mark is fine but I found it to be inconsistent in replacing enduring cry for generating charges and definitely noticeably less stuns clearing trash.
The build is working marvelously so far, thanks for the guide Lifting!

Concerning gems, which ones should I get to 20Q first?

"
Per 1% Quality:
Earthquake: 1% increased Physical Damage
Less Duration: 0.5% Reduced Skill Effect Duration
Melee Physical Damage: +0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage
Physical to Lightning: +0.5% increased Physical & Lightning Damage
Weapon Elemental Damage: +0.5% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
Added Fire Damage: +0.5% increased Fire Damage

Just math-wise I would say: Less Duration > Physical to Lightning = WED > rest, correct?
"
Anders91 wrote:
The build is working marvelously so far, thanks for the guide Lifting!

Concerning gems, which ones should I get to 20Q first?

"
Per 1% Quality:
Earthquake: 1% increased Physical Damage
Less Duration: 0.5% Reduced Skill Effect Duration
Melee Physical Damage: +0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage
Physical to Lightning: +0.5% increased Physical & Lightning Damage
Weapon Elemental Damage: +0.5% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
Added Fire Damage: +0.5% increased Fire Damage

Just math-wise I would say: Less Duration > Physical to Lightning = WED > rest, correct?

I would also really like to know the Quality priority for the gems. Please <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info