[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
dragonsroc wrote:
What enchantments are you guys using/aiming for? Reduced EQ duration is a no-brainer for the helm. I went and rolled life/mana leech on boots which allowed me to drop the nodes in the tree, freeing up 3 points. I don't really know much about glove enchantments, but right now I have Decree of Force which seems to be pretty good.

Also, is there a reason people don't take Path of the Warrior by the life wheel? It's basically 16% damage, 10 life and 10 armor which seems like a pretty good node to take.

I take Path of the Warrior. My tree is kind of a mix of Etup's and LNB's.

Here's my gear:

I need to rework my flasks just haven't gotten around to it. Boots and helm were self found, everything else was purchased along the way.
Last edited by Radagastt on Mar 20, 2016, 2:58:51 AM
"
Idyar wrote:
"
Selvam wrote:
Has anyone thought of trying a curse on hit set up in their lightning coil? coh + warlords mark + Flammability and something else? Let me know what u guys think especially in regards to attribute requirements as well as mana cost.

edit: also is flat phys dmg better then cold/fire/lightning dmg on my gear or does it not matter?

I am personally on the team that uses blasphemy warlord's mark / Herald of Ash / Hatred. I do not think you want a flammability curse I would think vulnerability / enfeeble / warlord's would be much better.

From the original guide

"
Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Physical Damage%
2. Added Flat Physical damage
3. Weapon Elemental Damage%

To answer your question flat physical is the thing you are looking for. Think of it as increasing the weapons base damage, which in turn gets multiplied quite a lot. The elemental bonuses you listed are not very good for us. Even though we do a lot of elemental damage scaling physical which also scales our elemental is the best bet.

how do u run warlords mark + herald of ash + hatred at the same time? i try to do it but i dont have enough mana to be reserved.
"
Fearghus86 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a weapon question for you guys.

Much like most of you, I've been running with a Marohi, however I did find this today.

With Marohi (ash + herald on) my tooltip dps is 31k but with the rare hammer it jumps up to 42k. (this is with a 6L armor of EQ - less duration - melee dmg - added fire - weapon elemental - phys to lightning).

I feel like if I can get my hands on the EQ helm enchant, this could be a substantial upgrade due to very fast attacks (even the first hits hard) and much faster leaps.

Thoughts?

Also heres my marohi to compare

I think without Marohi you need to have increased AoE back in 6L again, which will lower the tooltip dps difference. But anyway, top roll rare mace probably could be better, thats true.
"
I need help with my build. Here's my items:

I struggled a LOT on the final boss of the game in merciless, I didn't do much damage at all and I died frequently. I'm worried about merc lab and I need help. What do I upgrade? Do I change anything in my skill tree? Thanks.

I would start leveling gems as general rule #1 - you have two super low level gems in 5L setup, locked at level 2/6 for some reason. And both auras locked at level 1?!!
"
Selvam wrote:

how do u run warlords mark + herald of ash + hatred at the same time? i try to do it but i dont have enough mana to be reserved.

Essence worm unset ring.
BTW i finally have that BIS enchant on helmet (helmet sucks but just for testing). It doesnt change tooltip dps, like lesser duration, but the effect is clearly visible (and pretty amazing). Aftershock goes from 0.69 to 0.46, and with 1.75 attack speed i can attack single target without pausing.
But i'm missing the movement speed from my Devoto too much, guess i'll keep trying to get it there...

Last edited by evilmindcz on Mar 20, 2016, 6:11:14 AM
Atziri down finally - turned out to be quite easy at the end, just replace blue gem for concentrated effect is enough to not hit the reflect bitch in split fase, thats killed me last time... :-)
I have just enough currency to get either a 5L Marohi or a Lightning Coil. Which is more important?
"
Nalroc wrote:
I have just enough currency to get either a 5L Marohi or a Lightning Coil. Which is more important?

I'd go for the Marohi Erqi, the Lightning Coil is nice and all, but the increased AoE of the Marohi does make Earthquake super powerful as it acts as a seventh (or in your case sixth) link.

My setup, pretty much straight from the guide
Spoiler
Last edited by Siouxsie871 on Mar 20, 2016, 10:46:28 PM
I don't think running Blasphemy + WM is worth it if you're looking for the leech to drop the leech nodes. You can alternatively just get the leech enchantment on boots with WM on a CWDT setup and not have to sacrifice an entire ring slot. I just put a WM in my lv1 CWDT-golem setup with the leech enchantment on my boots and I run into 0 mana problems. The way I see it: sustain on packs is via the enchantment, and sustain on bosses is thru the CWDT-WM.

This is my setup that I use so that EQ is the only mana spender.

This is my passive tree right now (working on the lower Mace wheel).

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBLMFLQmWC2EMXxLhFCAUcRXsHKchNCFVLJQuUzGeNI41kjkOOuE8BTwtPfxAoEE_QzFHfk3jUEdR5lOlU7tYY1oaXhNfP2IXZU1nm2hlaPJr2W87dO12rHfjeA14enloeu971HzZggeDX4SUhNmE74VShjuHaolxivCMz5HOlIeXeZ7Fn9-iAKLqplepJ6luqZStja4-r2y0L7XyuR277b02vqe_1cAawGbBBMMzxILGrsqQz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB37LkUelG6hjrCexc7w7vfPAf8kHyRfPd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 20, 2016, 11:57:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info