StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

I'm subscribed to the filter, I assumed that would keep it updated. If not, what do I need to do?

Edit: ok I'm an idiot, sorry :) I have now hit the refresh button on the filter and it's working fine.
Last edited by ActuallyAMan on Jul 28, 2021, 9:52:07 AM
Hi,

Long time user of your filter.

I noticed while editing it for my SST glad that "colossal tower shield" is not highlighted anywhere despite being the top tier armour based shield.

I'm happy to edit my filter (this is designed around it of course) but it seemed odd that the highest armour shield base is just completely ignored.
"
eterms wrote:
Hi,

Long time user of your filter.

I noticed while editing it for my SST glad that "colossal tower shield" is not highlighted anywhere despite being the top tier armour based shield.

I'm happy to edit my filter (this is designed around it of course) but it seemed odd that the highest armour shield base is just completely ignored.

Yeah there wasn't meta demand for it until this league. It's something that I'll change in the league update.
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
league update still coming?
I see that its say's 3.15 on the filters, so i guess that are up to date or are you still working on it ?

and you says i have to download the CR filters?

is it okey if i click follow on them ?

and do i have to change the name on all items or just the top where it say's sounds 2.0 ?
Last edited by Kattpess on Sep 2, 2021, 2:57:27 AM
"
Kattpess wrote:
I see that its say's 3.15 on the filters, so i guess that are up to date or are you still working on it ?

and you says i have to download the CR filters?

is it okey if i click follow on them ?

and do i have to change the name on all items or just the top where it say's sounds 2.0 ?

Never mind got it now :)
"
45s wrote:
league update still coming?

It is, within the next few days, along with an explanation.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Sep 7, 2021, 10:22:30 PM
9/11/21 - v3.15.1

Expedition League Update I - Better Late Than Never & State of the Filter

I usually get these out a lot sooner, aiming to release them about ~2 weeks into the league to allow the economy a little time to mature. This is the latest I've released an update while not being MIA due to IRL reasons and I feel it warrants a bit of an explanation.

To put it simply, I'm not playing PoE anywhere near as much as I used to. I deliberately avoid using filter threads as soapboxes for my complaints about the game but the truth is that I tend to do the most work on the filter when I'm actually putting tons of hours into the game. I played Harvest league for the full 3 months and was playing it up until the minute the league ended, and during that league I released a total of 5 updates with some of them being absolutely massive.

The total hours I've played in Heist, Ritual, Ultimatum and Expedition combined is less than a third of what I played in Harvest. The issues I have with the game didn't start in 3.15 - I'd say they really began in Metamorph/3.0 but the point is that this isn't a sudden change for me but simply another nail in a longstanding coffin.

The other issue at hand is that despite GGG's feeble efforts, the meta has become increasingly stagnant league after league. Uniques rarely change any tiers anymore and if they do it's almost always downward and unless an entirely new mechanic is added (i.e. Archmage's addition increasing value of Xopec jewellery) things really don't change much anymore. This leaves economy updates feeling like a giant waste of time on my part - doing a ton of wiki'ing and looking up stuff on poe.trade just to wind up not changing much at all.

Occasionally there's a minor movement (such as CTS suddenly being in demand this league when it never was before) but any remotely serious player will have manually added it to their filter within a day or two of the leaguestart and wouldn't be waiting for my economy update anyways. (I will admit that if I was a bit more invested in the game these days I would have easily seen this one coming and added it in the leaguestart update, but my motivation at 3.15 launch was at an all-time low.)

Actually doing full/thorough economy updates is an increasingly horrific total fucking nightmare because I don't have a quick/easy way to just see what changed from the past league. Usually it's just me staring at the poe.ninja lists and seeing if I notice anything up where it normally isn't which works okay for seeing when something moves up but I'm usually terrible at noticing when something moves down until it drops for me and I look it up to sell it. Dealing with uniques is some Lovecraftian-level bullshit with some bases having multiple uniques and GGG seems to have no desire whatsoever to alleviate this issue in regards to filtering.

The good news is that given the heavy amount of work done in past updates (with the large Harvest update being the last major one) I consider the filter to be in a very mature state. There's really no more major changes in my massive "to-do" file, just about everything is cosmetic changes that I never could really make up my mind on (i.e. some of you may have noticed something odd about the Uber filter's currency section).

So going forward, here's the plan and promises:
- I will always update the filter at every leaguestart to include the new item types GGG announces.
- I'm not going to worry about mid-league/economy updates anymore unless GGG actually starts making major changes. What I'll probably do is always just release an update 1 week into the league just adding all the div card tiers and known uniques and not worry about the rest.
- I will definitely try to keep an eye out for basetype tiering changes (i.e. CTS this league)
- I will always keep an eye on the thread for feedback (as usual) and I strongly encourage people to post if they notice something they feel is off. A surprisingly high percent of suggestions actually do make it into the filter at some point.

As for me, I'll always probably play PoE for at least a few days on every leaguestart but whether or not I play for longer periods of time depends on GGG. I'll be streaming a large variety of games instead and I'm not going to let PoE and PoE-related stuff dominate my gaming time anymore.

Update Notes:
- Added Colossal Tower Shield to 84+ and Shaper/Warlord highlighting
- Uber filter no longer hides no-quality enhances
- Aquamarine flask moved from dogshit tier to normal tier
- Tiered all new div cards and uniques
- Made some minor adjustments to the tiering of some existing uniques
- Made logbook highlighting a bit different from other expedition highlights

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream https://twitch.tv/sfhobbit as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online. Since I keep getting asked I have also finally set up a donation link for those who want to support the filter. Many thanks to all those who have donated so far.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Sep 11, 2021, 6:15:47 PM
i got the sound files with the .mp3 after in " My games " folder where POE is.. alongside the follow + copy of general + strict + uberstrict filter from website with the custom sound version.. still i get error 1_links.mp3 could not load ingame and no filter is even working.

Man i hate this and i suck on this.. the other filters i download are always easy, custom sound ones always screws me up :(

NEVERMIND! FIXED IT!

i removed the .mp3 after each soundfile and now it works.
Last edited by KGF on Sep 12, 2021, 1:40:53 PM
Looking forward to the update. Thank you for your awesome filter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info