Is critical strike multiplier a more or increased damage modifier?

well weve only seen the passive tree so far, and thats largely got the extra 50% to make up for it on all the nodes right? ish?

Given increased crit chance is still the murky world of 'wtf is this?' that its always been I dont see how changing multi like this would really end up being noob friendly, they still have to find out how increased works before they 'get' the crit mechs. I dont see the point if theyre not going to leave the old stat values on items.

Crit multi could do with a nerf, I dont know why they even bothered changing the values on the tree, just leave it all on the old values and let crit take the 33% multi hit. It needs done and given how excessively op all these new subclass/enchant features are it would seem like right now is when its least going to be felt. Thats my take anyway.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 2, 2016, 7:04:30 AM
So in future, i own 500 Ex gear, with a 200 Ex Harbinger bow and cant even break 100k DPS.

Good stuff, lol.

Hitting all base damage would be ok, if they wanted to bring down top end player damage. But giving non crit much more tools (gems, keystones with free 1.4 scaler) and hitting crit again wasn't really necessary..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
So in future, i own 500 Ex gear, with a 200 Ex Harbinger bow and cant even break 100k DPS.

well if you are managing to get something like 135k dps with it right now then yeah ull be able to get about 100k. While the dude with the non crit bow is getting 45k. And the real figure you are starting from is probably more like 200k, or 700k if youre doeboy, while the non crit build really is getting 45k.

think you are overestimating the impact of losing 1/3 of your crit multiplier on builds that are literally doubling the damage or more of the non crit variants.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
It is MORE in the current game. It will become INCREASED in the upcoming patch this Friday.

Im confused, so its confirmed its no longer a MORE(multiplier) bonus? =/
"
Ulykz wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
It is MORE in the current game. It will become INCREASED in the upcoming patch this Friday.

Im conffused, so its confirmed its no longer a MORE(multiplier) bonus? =/

Please be careful with further spreading misinformation, what you just said was answered and corrected, by a Developer no less, only 3-4 responses into the thread.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, it is not.

It is a multiplier, which is neither a more modifier nor an increase modifier, and does not function like them - there's a very big difference between a multiplier of 150% (1.5 x damage) and 150% more/increased damage (2.5x damage).

The critical strike multiplier is a multiplier on the total damage of the hit. The way it applies to damage is not changing at all in ascendancy (the stats you get to modify the critical strike multiplier are, but that doesn't change how the multiplier applies to damage).

It's neither more or increased (see Mark's examples). It's simply multiplied against your total damage number. This did not change.

The change is only to the way the stat reads so it's easier to understand. The new crit multi stat is simply added directly to your current crit multiplier (150% base).

Original iteration: "10% Increased Crit Multiplier" is 150 * 1.10 = 165% for an added 15% crit multi.
Newest iteration: "+10% Crit Multiplier" is 150 + 10 = 160% for an addition 10% crit multi.

As you can see, the new way is much more transparent in how it works. It shows you the actual amount that will be added to your crit multiplier.

You can also see that unless they changed the numerical value of the stat, we end up getting less crit multiplier. It's a 33% loss, we used to get 15% extra and now we get 10%.

So the current discussion was this, will they change the values? Will items with "10% Increased Crit Multiplier" be changed to "+15% Crit Multiplier"? They already did this for the passive tree but making this change on existing gear is a bigger task from what I know (and not doing it would create legacy items, which is to be avoided whenever possible).
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Apr 27, 2016, 1:40:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info