2.6 Renewed Leary's Auramancer (Spectre, AW etc)(Great flexibility, Shaper farming!)

"
mattc3303 wrote:

Hatred isn't a conversion but extra damage ontop. You will deal the same amount of poison damage but now you will deal a lot of extra cold dmg. This combined with EE should give you more dmg then running haste.

Just a suggestion. I am running a different build then you but.
Immortalis belt works very nicely with ci and low life builds. Looking at your flask setup you are really not losing out on anything except for remove bleed(which i am currently countering with very high es regen). Sulphur and Atziri promise and vessel of vinktar's shock will scale poison to ridiculous levels. I think my zombies are doing something like 3million dps combined with vulnerability if they are all hitting something. Then I have added utility like sulphur regen for minions, stibnite blinds, karui's flask that heals my minions to full, silver onslaught that is basically like a haste aura, And the already suggested taste of hate.

Like you said i am running a different build optimized around necromantic aegis and immortalis belt. But I think the belt is far from a gimmick or a cheese item. You can double or even triple your minion's dps.

Haste > Hatred, regardless of the dps it gives me. Dps =/ clearspeed, and the movement speed and cast speed I personally get from haste is pretty key to being able to clear maps fast enough. I generally don't need to let my minions barrage more than once on a pack anyways. The dmg is high enough.

I am losing more than what you realize: 1. Immune to freeze 2. Phasing and 3. Quicksilver of adrenaline. hell, Im not even dropping my quicksilver even tho I could, for a remove poison basalt, because I like actually being able to move my ass thru the map. Keep in mind that we don't have 30% ms boots or a non-cd based movement skill.

"But I think the belt is far from a gimmick or a cheese item" - It's a cheese item not because it's bad. Don't understand me wrong, it's an amazing belt, and I like the design, but its cheese as in you gimp your own survivability in multiple directions (by losing out on utility flasks, resistance/dodge flasks, and above all else, the es, strenght and resistances a belt can give you. If I cannot get 50 strenght on my belt, this means im losing 2 passives or severely gimp other jewelry), just to make ur minions even more overpowered and just rush content down. It's kind of the same way as how I feel CoC discharge is cheese, as you just rush content down and try to kill them before they kill you.

"
Did you give any thought to Heretic Veil over Vertex, and running dual curse? Are the higher level zombies too much to give up?

Yes I did. I definetely did. Sadly, I did the calculations, and I can't run dual curse without dropping another aura, as well as losing the +1 to my enhance, and the blasphemy link not giving any increased curse effect. I would lose so much effect on my temporal chains that the possible enfeeble I could run additive to it, wouldn't even be that much of a gain, as well as getting a heretic's veil with temp chains effect is not only hard, but also expensive, tons more than a vertex or crafted hubris.

"
Just got ahold of me a 20/20 temp chain and lvl 2 enhance. I had to drop a minion damage jewel to pick up conquerors efficiency because of the mana reserve difference. One more question about evangelist, is their a purpose to keep arc when running these ? if not what would be a good replacement.

Arc is droppable, I'd say, if you want to target with a manual curse (one option I considered) or default attack (and then run like lightning warp less duration for better movement, dropping flame dash). Personally I like how well arc directs the minions tho, but it's all up to you here.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Oh right. I forget your using a wand. I am using Ethereal edge or advancing fortress and I just whirling blades around. I agree a large portion of summoner's missing clear speed is just moving around faster and actually getting your minions into position. If convocation had no cd or a very low cd it would help tremendously. I kinda view summoners like a slow moving freight train, its got the insane power but your minion's AI are just so dumb most of the time.

I guess I just focus more on yolo offense and a zerging playstyle. Even my spectre choice, I been running gmp + chain incinerators just to mow down packs down faster with zombies as single target boss killers.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Oh right. I forget your using a wand. I am using Ethereal edge or advancing fortress and I just whirling blades around. I agree a large portion of summoner's missing clear speed is just moving around faster and actually getting your minions into position. If convocation had no cd or a very low cd it would help tremendously. I kinda view summoners like a slow moving freight train, its got the insane power but your minion's AI are just so dumb most of the time.

I guess I just focus more on yolo offense and a zerging playstyle. Even my spectre choice, I been running gmp + chain incinerators just to mow down packs down faster with zombies as single target boss killers.

Yeah, exactly. If I was able to use ephemeral edge, I'd be willing to actually drop a lot of defenses too, but midnight bargain, as I mentioned earlier I think, is pretty core to the build xD.

Gmp chain incinerators sounds fun. Ive heard rumors they also work well with clustertrap, that true?
One of the comments/complaints in the recent PoE podcast thingy was about perandus mobs "shotgunning" players with ground based aoe's rather than regular projectiles that can't shotgun anymore.

So was thinking "well if its kill players it could make a good spectre choice". what spectres possibly use similar skills that you could do something silly/effective with LMP/GMP? i'm not sure what ground effects can cause overlapping damage and what ones just do highest only like burn. alchemists maybe if they can stack with poison as well?

(its probably worth noting I'm guardian in perandus, but its essentially same build design with a bit more focus on auras and a bit less focus on spectres)
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 15, 2016, 4:03:58 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
One of the comments/complaints in the recent PoE podcast thingy was about perandus mobs "shotgunning" players with ground based aoe's rather than regular projectiles that can't shotgun anymore.

So was thinking "well if its kill players it could make a good spectre choice". what spectres possibly use similar skills that you could do something silly/effective with LMP/GMP? i'm not sure what ground effects can cause overlapping damage and what ones just do highest only like burn. alchemists maybe if they can stack with poison as well?

(its probably worth noting I'm guardian in perandus, but its essentially same build design with a bit more focus on auras and a bit less focus on spectres)

By ground effects they mean things like bladefall and magma orb, which happen to exactly be 2 of the bigger threats to my spectres. Sadly, we can't raise perandus mobs.. All I know of that comes close really is using the explosion part of fireballs (flame sentinels), which is exactly why they are so great for clearing packs. I guess you could do the same with things like devourers (horrible AI), or the explosion part of the fire trap incinerators throw (which are also way more clunky), or lightning arrow skeletons (squish much, and slow). I understand shotgunning etc sounds juicy, but AI for minions generally beats calculated dps, which is why even tho evangelists multiply flame sentinels dps by a lot, they pretty much clear at the same speed.
Have you tried Lightning Golem or Animate Guardian?
"
Jolii wrote:
Have you tried Lightning Golem or Animate Guardian?

I have tried neither. Both I don't have the slots for to reasonably fit them in.
Anyone have a list of all the maps that evans show up? (eventually will want higher than 66lvl evans)
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
Last edited by Ranmaz on Apr 15, 2016, 6:47:24 PM
"
Ranmaz wrote:
Anyone have a list of all the maps that evans show up? (eventually will want higher than 66lvl evans)

Palace is the only map evangelists are inhabitants too. Neither villa nor residence spawn them any more than other maps.

Also, lvl 66 evangelists will do just fine for anything up to t15 and uber..
Last edited by leary93 on Apr 16, 2016, 3:51:34 AM
So since you don't run arcane vision, I assume you don't run failing light maps like underground river,museum, and similar.

Edit: I was also curious if vertex is better than running a +2 minion helm ? couldn't see anywhere you talked about using it over the other except about lowering your zombie minion cost. is that the only advantage ?
Last edited by Kemishuko on Apr 16, 2016, 1:36:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info