2.6 Renewed Leary's Auramancer (Spectre, AW etc)(Great flexibility, Shaper farming!)

"
Ranmaz wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
um isnt a level 76 zombie only 1459 average damage?

Check the initial post for dps calculations. There's no 76 Zombie. But when empower is lvl4, and a zombie 21 gem, you can get a zombie to 26 in a vertex helm.

....... and exactly what bearing does that have on the base damage of a 76 zombie? a 76 zombie no matter what you did to get it to be a 76 zombie has a specific base damage.

looking on the wiki it shows the average damage of a (76 zombie) as 1459.

my question is where the op got that base damage for his calculations nothing more nothing less.

he says this "1,119–2,611 = 1865 average" for a 26 gem

The wiki says this "834–2085 " which = 1459.5 if zombies get 1 level per gem level over 20 then this number would apply

if it were 2 it would be 1119–2797 which is still .. not 1865. so i am a bit confused

so either way his calcs are slightly off , his dps is probably higher , prolly just shy of 2000 base

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 15, 2016, 12:07:04 PM
What advantages does a auramancer es-based summoner has over a life based summoner?
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
What advantages does a auramancer es-based summoner has over a life based summoner?

Commander of darkness node:

Auras you cast grant 10% damage
Auras you cast grant 5% attack and cast speed

So for every extra aura you have, you'll get this as it stacks. With life you can run 3 auras, 4 tops. With lowlife you can probably push it up to 7

Note that this is obviously with shavs, but the attack speed is quite big as it's not easily scalable compared to just flat damage.
Ah I see, looks pretty strong, guess it's time to save up for a shavs.
if you just use 35% auras in prism guard and dont use midnight bargain (advancing fortress maybe?) you should have enough life with max chaos resist to forgo shavs. If you have good life on (all) gear, maybe can still use midnight.

shavs is ideal of course, but costs a lot more in this league than the last :P
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Ranmaz wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
um isnt a level 76 zombie only 1459 average damage?

Check the initial post for dps calculations. There's no 76 Zombie. But when empower is lvl4, and a zombie 21 gem, you can get a zombie to 26 in a vertex helm.

....... and exactly what bearing does that have on the base damage of a 76 zombie? a 76 zombie no matter what you did to get it to be a 76 zombie has a specific base damage.

looking on the wiki it shows the average damage of a (76 zombie) as 1459.

my question is where the op got that base damage for his calculations nothing more nothing less.

he says this "1,119–2,611 = 1865 average" for a 26 gem

The wiki says this "834–2085 " which = 1459.5 if zombies get 1 level per gem level over 20 then this number would apply

if it were 2 it would be 1119–2797 which is still .. not 1865. so i am a bit confused

so either way his calcs are slightly off , his dps is probably higher , prolly just shy of 2000 base

The wiki used to display dmg numbers per gem level, instead of dmg numbers per zombie lvl. ur prob right if they actually changed the numbers, but if they did, it should be the 2 lvls per gem one, cuz that's how the scaling always worked.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Raise_Zombie&direction=prev&oldid=201098

That is the revision of the page that was used for this calculation.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Jun 20, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
"
Satsuki09 wrote:

to answer more explicitly: Party-play (its in the name), Better defenses and offenses. More flexible.

Ive been doubling some partymembers dps quite systematically because of haste, vaal haste and commander of darkness, and the offense boost is quite obvious (more auras and midnight > more dps)

For the defenses, well, since u can get 9k es pretty easy, but you cant get 9k life, and you can run triple purity as well as a huge temporal chains aura, ur pretty tanky.

Flexibility comes in the fact that between discipline, ur es helmet and jewelry, u dont need a whole lot of es from ur gloves, chest, boots, shield and midnight bargain, meaning u have quite a bit of room to play around with uniques or craftable slots, as opposed to life based builds, as they really do need 80+ life on the biggest part of your gear. Add to this that you cant go stuff like prism guardian, midnight bargain, wondertraps (for mf), an array of non-life flasks etc etc, and u might come to the conclusion that life based summoner is very lineair in its choices (which is why its a beginner way of playing summoner, and usually solid in hc too, get bones, get life gear + aurumvorax and ur good to go) but doesnt offer a whole lot of end-game options for gearing that are viable.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Someone seems to have posted your build as (pretty much) his own here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltJz0Gf-ObE

I'm hoping he gives you credit for the guide, which he so profusely quoted in his featured video. I played it last league and had a blast, and I just want others who follow to credit the right person.

(Please post more videos of your necromancer!)
I wouldn't say that.

Most "classic" summoner builds look pretty much identical in terms of tree. after picking the minion nodes, it becomes pretty clear an army will benefit from auras, so you pick the aura nodes.

The only real divergent paths are if you go ES or life (which doesnt change much) and if you spec into curses or not.

He also lists the unique gloves that give conduit, so um yeah. he's just doing his own thing.
"
Satsuki09 wrote:

to elaborate on what that other dude said as well.

auramancers can be considered the top tier version of the summoner.

they beat curse summoners because curses are resisted by bosses and have map mods that out right counter them
100% of an auramancer is effective pretty much 100% of the time.

another thing to consider is how summoners traditionally stack defenses, summoners have great difficulty stacking things like armor, physical mitgation etc. this means the largest defense against getting 1 shot for summoners is .... having a high hp pool.

es is the clear winner as life on summoners realistically caps out around 5.5k life with 6.5 being the introduction of things like belly of the beast or.. kaoms if you are insane. somthing srs summoners can do of course.

auramancers also allow for the use of shield in most cases (usually prism) this helps with resists but also provides block... which is always useful.

Another thing to consider is that non auramancer summoner gear... simply arent the best items in the game.

what are they at this point?

Montreguls grasp? terrible unique. a significant reduction in zombie damage potential for an increase in hp that can be achieved with an empower gem.

queens decree? terrible socket colors. no block, no stats of notable impact

femurs? one of its defining mechanics is the capacity to lag the game servers to death. otherwise it would actually be a pretty damn fine unique item.

the chober? ok that was a joke it is not a real item .

the only major downside to auramancer is the money you need to get it started. but seeing as shavs are not nearly the overpriced item they once were .. the auramancer is not that much more expensive than any other summoner with a 6l item (other than tabby)

at this point most unique items are cheap enough that the majority of your costs will be socketing and linking.

if it werent for the fact that i find it more interesting to play around with femurs of the saints and a life build i probably would have already built something similar to this fellows build .. admittedly with a guardian because come on hwo can you not have franky the guardian?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 21, 2016, 8:23:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info