The Perandus Challenge Leagues

Lol, after all this time they add gold to POE :XD

How can people not think that's funny, ironic and cute?

I love it! Cant wait for the league!
Challenges aren't for everyone. They are for the hardcore players. Simply accept that and move on.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
Drahken wrote:
Very cool changes..

heres my beef.. since I have been here since longer than most of you and I have made this complaint before but ill do it again..

these changes are great, and look really fun, so do all the other challenge leagues that have come before it.. but why make this much content and stuff it in a temporary challenge league?

frankly.. I have a life.. and the idea of restarting a character every 4 months just to get access to the new content isnt fun. at all.

why not make 4 month challenge leagues.. with the new changes.. and add the new changes to the standard server aswell? people who want achievements, fresh economy, and racing can do the leagues..

and people who just want to play their characters and enjoy the new content can play standard.

I am sure a bunch of you (with much more free time than I have, and a weird obsession with forcing your opinions on others) will say "too bad play the challenge league if you want new content"... I don't want to take any content away from you.. all I am asking is to beable to enjoy the new content without starting over.. like I said I don't have the free time or life dedication to a video game.. I am trying to keep POE as a video game.. a very fun one. not a life style.

I agree with you in principle, but i think it has to do with technical issues.

GGG uses the temporary challenge leagues also as a way to test out new content that may or may not make it into the core game. The larger official Expansions, on the other hand, I think are more stable and tested and have more resources devoted to them. Some of the testing involving new Challenge content too, might be in seeing how well it scales with new players/new characters.

But yeah... in general, I see a large gap between the casual players who maybe have career, family, dating, etc. offline lives vs. pro streamers and stuff whose economic and social lives more overlap gaming as an activity. Esp. in the races -- not just in the times of the races, but in the ability to actually score prizes in the 250+ zone. I'm a decent player with a flexible schedule, but some of those top tier players MUST be cheating. There's just no way I believe they can be the first to finish every single race on maps that aren't fixed seed.

At least, with regards to the races, I think GGG is planning a way for us to do race events in our own time.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
I'm a decent player with a flexible schedule, but some of those top tier players MUST be cheating. There's just no way I believe they can be the first to finish every single race on maps that aren't fixed seed.

Cheat how? The vast majority of the top players stream so are under constant scrutiny.

Besides, they're the top players and play all day everday. Why is Roger Federer (or insert any other individual in professional singles sports) always among the top players? Not because he cheats, but because he is one of the best.
They did it again! So much content for a F2P... Take more of my money please! Best ARPG there is, hands down.
"
rojomacofe wrote:

-Rigwald 80? not that difficult to get. If you didn't get tier 11 maps, probably you are doing something wrong in mapping.
-Clearing twinned maps: see above. I did all twinned clearings by myself, I got 2 or 3 t15 map drops. I didn't bought any map. For the unique bosses I needed help in the t15 though.

Your experience does not account for everybody's experience. I saw one tier 13 map precisely, some tier 12 and tier 11. And I had to buy many tier 8, 9 and 10 maps to get there. No Tier 14 or 15 ever. Full cleared the maps, with chisels, decent rarity and never saw one tier 14 map.

Rigwald 80. Would have needed a constant supply of (at least) tier 11 and some luck to see him. Cause I played some and drops did not come.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Mar 2, 2016, 2:23:01 PM
where is Changlog?
"
Pie_Guy wrote:
Lol, after all this time they add gold to POE :XD

How can people not think that's funny, ironic and cute?

I love it! Cant wait for the league!

That is a hell of a good point!
I am stoked to see the launch tomorrow.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
50% move speed boots. YES. Also, that horn loooks amaaaazing as well as the umbilicus for zombies THAT CAN USE FLASKS?!?!?!?!? Game changers.
Is there a date how long that league will be running?

I came back to POE a few days ago and am wondering if it is still good to start league or if it ends e. g. next week or something like that.

TY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info