The Perandus Challenge Leagues

Don't say that League will be 3 month again. :(
I just felt like typing something!
"
phmn wrote:

Also there is no video trailer other than what we got yesterday. Which makes me thing that the league will be more about grinding to get coins to buy stuff than it will be about fighting. Yes there are the guardians, but I am not sure these guys will be tough enough/encountered often enough to make a real difference.

Doubt the trailer will exist.

This is a league to roll along the expansion.

The big thing here is the Expansion!!! 19 2nd profs (Lineage 2 terms, fuck yeah!).
This league is just additional flavor for the entire Empire feel.

In my eyes, this league is perfect for what its meant to do - take players away from their permanent league stashes, where they have perfect gear for leveling.

We are meant to explore Expansion (75%) + League (25%).

Edit: Personally i hate all that Roman or Greek Empire crap. I don't like their culture. Hope for Asian theme. Adding some PoE style Battle Realms theme into the game would be BAD'U ASS'U! (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/12/128523/1761623-battlerealmscover.jpg)
Last edited by WiseGuard on Mar 1, 2016, 3:42:09 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

"
Erionn wrote:
Are the coins tradeable?

Yes, they are.

is this a social experiment where you want to gather data on how the riches of a league flow from those without interest in those challenge mtx to those who want to have them done?

then just look how div cards were traded last league.

edit: what is happening with these coins when the perandus league ends?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 1, 2016, 4:25:44 AM
Show me a Shav's and I get all unreasonably anxious.

I'm confused abotu how the Perandus thing works! Thanks for the mythology behind the Perandus family, GGG. I love how the debtorss spirits are enslaved due to the Perandus family's association with Prospero. Very cool. Also neat factoid about the Perandus being the first family to conquor the Labyrith which is part of the Ascendancy expansion. Nicely done!

But I'm hung up on the coyness surrounding the loot/coin stuff!

Based on the info, I'm guessing that the coins are not really gaming currency as we know it currently, but more like a sort of token system for collecting and redeeming Perandus prizes. Like how Divination cards are collectible and trade-able but themselves not really currency the way orbs and stuff are.

Please, I hope this is a sort of Unique sink. if Perandus will BUY our Uniques for coin we can amass and then eventually buy the rarer Uniques, I'd love it. I mean, I'd totally buy a Shav's form a player... if I HAD EXALTS. Because Exalts are drop-only currency AND rare, it's tough to have much hope of scoring the current leader in low-life build enablers. On the other hand, I'd sure dump a bunch of my uniques into a Perandus sink if it meant I could save up for a Shav's. You know, like how I might save some jwewlers' by gambling for a 6 socket, but prefer the sure-fire fixed price of a Vorici crafting bench purchase to 6-link those sockets.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if the Perandus coin thing is a one-way deal or what. Also, not sure what the average amount of coin might drop from a cache... anyhow, you hooked me. Why you gotta taunt me with that damn Shavronne's Wrappings?
Give me now!!
"
Serleth wrote:
That portal looks disgustingly awesome.

I want ti with my Scottish accented Templar so he can be all Scrooge McDuck. ;)
Well this league everyone will be rich i guess Entchantments can be sold you can trade the coins , cool stuff :D
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

"
Erionn wrote:
Are the coins tradeable?

Yes, they are.
I am very disapointed of you GGG...

another challenge league that will be ruined by flipping, scams and avaricious people.

Why not make a challenge league that rewards people that are actually playing the challenge league rather than sitting in town breaking the economy

I get around the economy fluctuations by playing self-found only. I think part of the fun/gamble for those who DO participate in trading is the whole capitalist wheel-n-deal of it all. I have nothing personally against those players, but I stay away form trade because I am disinterested in that meta-game. The fun for me is the excitement of a drop, not a deal.

However, if you're a trader, it's kind of just part of the nature of things: avaricious people, scamming noobs, and flipping at certain ideal times in the league. One of my friends is a noob and payed full/conventional price for a lvl 40 staff thinking he could 6-link it, cuz he is a noob and didn't think to check the item level when comparing item value... until someone tells you or you get screwed, it's kind of just all's fair in the meta-game of the game.

Fortunately, this being a free to play game, we're not losing actual real world money, so we CAN actually sit back and take a deep breath: "It's just a game..."
"
phmn wrote:
Am I the only one that is kind of disappointed with this?

The announcement wasn't very detailed, it doesn't even say how you acquire coins.

Also there is no video trailer other than what we got yesterday. Which makes me thing that the league will be more about grinding to get coins to buy stuff than it will be about fighting. Yes there are the guardians, but I am not sure these guys will be tough enough/encountered often enough to make a real difference.

I am not a HC player person, but even I see how this will be bad for HC player. Compare this with the invasion or bloodline or even the beyond leagues. They had enemies all over the area that have new properties that can kill you and you have to be cautious all the time. Now once in a while you will get a guardian that you probably can just skip.

The fact that people are mostly talking about the portal effect/the boots/the challenges is a sign that something is wrong here.

Yes i agree with you. No one is talking about the challenge. the last two leagues were in my opinion not very challenging at all atleast in hardcore. Here's hoping this league can prove to be more challenging than talisman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info