[2.2 Theory, Need Input] Chieftain RF & Fire Storm Marauder.

Why not drop Conc Effect and use the new Elemental Focus gem? You'll still get the benefit of increased damage vs burning monsters if they are in your RF.

You'll also have 88% fire res; 75 + 1 (node) + 4 (lvl 20 PoF) + 8 (shield) = 88.

Zeno has leaked that there will be a div card for a Redblade Helmet coming soon, so you can plan on that potentially.

I would recommend running a lower level CWDT, and casting immortal call manually at a high level.

Here's what I would recommend for a skill setup with the above in mind:

Chest (5-6L): Main Skill
4L 1: RF setup
4L 2: CWDT (I recommend GMP + Arctic Breath + CWDT - low lvl, and then the last socket either triggered Tempest Shield, manual cast golem, or an aura)
4L 3: Movement Skill / Utility things (your Vaal skill(s) if any, leap slam/whirling/flame dash depending on weapon and preference)
Weapon (3L): PoF + Blasphemy + Warlord's (cause you wanted that curse)
Shield (3L): Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration - sustain charges vs bosses or start them, life regen, trigger immortal call when needed.

This my standard setup for most close range casters that use a shield, modified slightly depending on the build.

Example: Blade Vortex Char

Main Skill

Utility Skill (there's another blade vortex gem that goes in that green socket).

CWDT GMP Artic Breath with Tempest Shield

Movement skills

Auras

Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration, self triggered
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Mar 1, 2016, 5:20:57 PM
I'm running a build similar to this but with Flame Surge. I'm running RF with burn dmg, increased ale and Elemental focus. I noticed someone using concentrated effect with their RF in this thread, concentrated effect doesn't work with the burn dmg from as it increases spell power.

Im also running flame surge with elemental focus so I don't lose the small chance to crit and trigger elemental overload.

Would post my tree but I'm on my phone.
"
DemisedGamer wrote:
I noticed someone using concentrated effect with their RF in this thread, concentrated effect doesn't work with the burn dmg from as it increases spell power.

Conc effect increases the burning damage dealt to enemies; that's why it's used on just about every RF build.

Elemental focus may work with RF, but it seems unlikely to me.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Fruub wrote:
"
Managed to check out ya tree, think maybe planned for too many points tbh. I'll have a proper compare with mine when I get home. My issue is dex as ill be using a claw.

My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEDdQSzBg4J9gthDF8SaRQgFVAWbxccFy8YVhkuGjgaPhynHNwdFCcvJ-0pLi3SMfs62DwFPC09_EGHRZ1G11NSU6VV1lcNWGNYd1nzW6BfBF8_Y_1k52ZUZp5oZWh0aPJxeXGFcg965nwOfLh_44CkggeCm4Nfg8yFe48aj0aQVZErkc6WbJo7muCdrp_fogCnCKdVrY2vbLc-u-3AZsRYxPbGrsbYz37SIdR81abYvdlh2mLa3eNq6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfOb9kj56PrS_go=

What spell are you planning to use other than RF though? I can see that you picked out increased burning damage nodes, so i assume its pure? note that i am going to be using Firestorm, which is why i havent picked those but only pure fire.

Flame surge for the 50% more dmg against burning, I'm planning on the new ele gem too but for now using controlled destruction as non crit. Will prob use both on flame surge anyway, flame surge-ironwill-cntrllddestr-elefocus-firepen (maybe con effect 6l?). Not sure if ill have extra sockets yet. Planning on using flame dash for jumping gaps and whirling blades for movement, keep in mind this is only possible throwing a few nodes in dex, and using a claw which I don't recommend as it kills your dmg. I am using a cybils paw wit for thematic reasons only!!! (this build has been made to look as close to the class art as possible, won't go into detail as not sure it'll look quite right). Otherwise doon scepter is best choice, or high spell dmg dagger if want to use WB.
twitch.tv/Owwlll
"
zSavage wrote:
"
DemisedGamer wrote:
I noticed someone using concentrated effect with their RF in this thread, concentrated effect doesn't work with the burn dmg from as it increases spell power.

Conc effect increases the burning damage dealt to enemies; that's why it's used on just about every RF build.

]

Ugh, this is why I hate doing that from my phone. I meant controlled destruction, not concentrated effect. Spell % doesn't impact righteous fire and someone had controlled destruction mentioned in their RF build on the first page. Elemental focus does work as it increases elemental damage. Just removes the ability to ignite, which isn't an issue with RF.
"
DemisedGamer wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
"
DemisedGamer wrote:

]

Ugh, this is why I hate doing that from my phone. I meant controlled destruction, not concentrated effect. Spell % doesn't impact righteous fire and someone had controlled destruction mentioned in their RF build on the first page. Elemental focus does work as it increases elemental damage. Just removes the ability to ignite, which isn't an issue with RF.

I had thought it odd CD wasn't mentioned in other RF builds. Though assumed it worked due to the more spell dmg modifier on RF? I'm even sure it burns things quicker but then again... Is this the same deal for spell nodes in the tree?
twitch.tv/Owwlll
Yup spell % nodes within the tree don't affect RF either. The spell damage % RF gives is more to benifit using an additional skill, it doesn't help to scale RF. Within the tree burning, fire and elemental all benefit RF.

It also unfortunately means that using doon cuebiyari doesn't benefit RF in these builds with high strength for the high life. Although that would be essentially double dipping.

I'm looking to use elemental focus instead of concentrated effect as I'll be able to keep a larger AOE then. However, it depends on elemental focus' scaling.
"
DemisedGamer wrote:
Yup spell % nodes within the tree don't affect RF either. The spell damage % RF gives is more to benifit using an additional skill, it doesn't help to scale RF. Within the tree burning, fire and elemental all benefit RF.

It also unfortunately means that using doon cuebiyari doesn't benefit RF in these builds with high strength for the high life. Although that would be essentially double dipping.

I'm looking to use elemental focus instead of concentrated effect as I'll be able to keep a larger AOE then. However, it depends on elemental focus' scaling.

Yeah I actually just realized that's more to OTHER skills haha. You know that feeling when you read something 100 times and then you read it again and it all makes sense!
twitch.tv/Owwlll
"
Why not drop Conc Effect and use the new Elemental Focus gem? You'll still get the benefit of increased damage vs burning monsters if they are in your RF.

You'll also have 88% fire res; 75 + 1 (node) + 4 (lvl 20 PoF) + 8 (shield) = 88.

Zeno has leaked that there will be a div card for a Redblade Helmet coming soon, so you can plan on that potentially.

I would recommend running a lower level CWDT, and casting immortal call manually at a high level.

Here's what I would recommend for a skill setup with the above in mind:

Chest (5-6L): Main Skill
4L 1: RF setup
4L 2: CWDT (I recommend GMP + Arctic Breath + CWDT - low lvl, and then the last socket either triggered Tempest Shield, manual cast golem, or an aura)
4L 3: Movement Skill / Utility things (your Vaal skill(s) if any, leap slam/whirling/flame dash depending on weapon and preference)
Weapon (3L): PoF + Blasphemy + Warlord's (cause you wanted that curse)
Shield (3L): Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration - sustain charges vs bosses or start them, life regen, trigger immortal call when needed.

This my standard setup for most close range casters that use a shield, modified slightly depending on the build.

I'll take a good look at this when i get home, and do you have a link or source to the divi card youre talking about? I'd like to check it out, i havent been able to find anything about a Redblade Helmet on the wiki. Thanks for the input btw
Had a good play around once I got home, fixed what I was doing wrong and got something working i'm happy with, decided to post the plans as a separate build guide, ill update it as I build it through the new league. Also your tree was better btw :p

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595723
twitch.tv/Owwlll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info