Cloaked in Savagery - Leech and Savage Hit questions

1) If you gained the leech would it begin to apply to existing DoT effects. EX: If I have essence drain on an enemy and take a savage hit will I begin to gain 100% of the essence drain DoT as life?

2) Does Scold's Bridle count as a hit for Savage Hit?

Would be neat to proc Cloaked in Savagery on yourself with Scold's Bridle so you can get a 200% more damage multiplier with The Retch.

EDIT: I suppose the leech would come after the damage anyways for Scold's Bridle so question 1 wouldn't matter for that specific scenario.
Last edited by 0Yemallis on Feb 29, 2016, 5:53:12 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 5:22:55 AM
1. You cannot Leech from Damage over Time.
2. Who knows. Probably? It's a hit for most other purposes.
The 200% of leeched as dmg just deal dmg based on how much you actually leech. So at max you could get +200% of your life added to a hit, which also doesnt scale with anything. So its far, far away from a 200% more multiplier.
Hi guys,

I tested with Heartbound loop + Corrupted Energy jewel and it dont activate the buff. Does it has to be with the hit targetting first the ES and then bypass it to life?
I'm removing 20%+ of my life after the bypass which should work since HBL works for other purposes as well.

Can a GGG member confirm if is intended or it is a bug.
"
UltimateUpk wrote:
Hi guys,

I tested with Heartbound loop + Corrupted Energy jewel and it dont activate the buff. Does it has to be with the hit targetting first the ES and then bypass it to life?
I'm removing 20%+ of my life after the bypass which should work since HBL works for other purposes as well.

Are you removing 20%+ of your life in a single hit?
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Yes, ofc!
Can a member of GGG or someone else verify this?

Why isnt the buff activating if im taking damage that removes 20% or more of my maximum life after the bypass?
Cuz it doesnt HIT.
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
"
UltimateUpk wrote:
Hi guys,

This is strange because the interaction does work with Scold's (examples of builds utilizing that interaction: this one or this one). Have you tried using Vaal Molten Shell with Heartbound Loop? That would test whether HBL counts as a hit or not. If HBL is a hit and isn't activating CiS then that's very strange.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Apr 30, 2016, 5:24:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info