The PAINZERKER - 2.2 Perandus guide - Atziri Viable !

------------------------------------THE PAINZERKER - [2.2]-------------------------------

CWDT Zerphi's Berserker

Hello everyone, I want to introduce you the Painzerker. This masochist big-guy will cast a wide variety of spells after hitting himself (Harder please !), DESTROYING the whole screen.

Spoiler

1. We want to get as much damage as possible, to a certain amount. Bitterdream + blood magic + Scold's Bridle will hit us 3k+ dmg. Zerphi's flask will turn that dmg into healing instead.
4-5 Fevered Minds skyrocket the hp cost of cyclone, making the perfect candidate for both offensive and movement skill for better cleaning.

2. Although in total, Zerphi's flask heals, the damage is registered, proccing all CWDT setups and Berzerker's Ascendancy nodes "On Savage hit" (HELLO 100% life leech)

3. The Blood Dance Frenzy charge generation allows us to reach 0.26 attacks per second. This is the magic number, because CWDT gems stay on cooldown after trigger per 250ms (or 0.25 secs)

4. 100% instant life leech all the time, with vaal pact and Huge Blade Vortex help us sustain life over time or at the start of engaging a new pack.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, on the other hand, shit-talking will be ignored.
**Please remember i am not an English native speaker, so my grammar/vocabulary sucks.**
I'll continue to update this guide with more content if needed and future patches

INDEX:

1.Pros & Cons
2.Gems & Support Gems
3.Gear
4.Passive tree
5.Stats
6.Bandits
7.Videos
8.Tips
9.Changelog

PROS
Spoiler

-Capable of soloing (or group) practically all content
-CHEAP !
-100% damage leeched as life + VP is OP
-Great cleaning speed
-Can be adapted to other Ascendancy with other pros and cons
-Can do any map mods without problems
-Little gear needed
-No need a 6L
-Inmune to reflect
-ATZIRI VIABLE

CONS
Spoiler

-Can be one-shotted (like many builds)
-Need flask charges, long fights can be a problem !
-Depleting our mana often is needed
-Be carefull when leveling up (You can die)
-Play in HC at your own risk!
-Hard to learn at the beginning
-Nullifier is our NEMESIS

Spoiler

Bitterdream: Cyclone - Blood magic - (Depends)
Main CWDT setup: CWDT - EK - BladeFall - Arc - Controlled Destruction
Secondary setup: CWDT - Shock nova - Ice nova
Secondary setup: CWDT - Enfeeble - Desecrate - Detonate Dead
Sustain setup: CWDT - BV - Increased AoE - Controlled Destruction
Single target setup: VMS - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus

No Links: Grace, Flame Dash

Explanation on current gems & support

-Enfeeble + Grace for defense, since we cant go armour or endurance charges at all.
-Flame Dash as mana depleter.
-Desecrate + DD for extra single target power for high end maps.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Other Gear
Spoiler

Incinerate - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Blood magic (Caster variant)

Spoiler

Stats in Merc Town - LVL 89

Trio and Atziri kill with this gear at lvl 89

Spoiler
Oak - Kill all - Krayt

Spoiler

Low level map (sorry for the quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWFaGgdEbE

Tips (in case you didn't know)
Spoiler

- This build can be made with other ascendancies:
1. Berserker
2. Necromancer (With RF and Bone Offering Max block/Spell block)
3. Ascendant - Berserker + Whatever..
4. Champion
5. ??

Changelog
13/05/2016 - Atziri kill, screenshots added and updated build and skill tree
Spoiler

Last edited by Ricael on May 13, 2016, 11:08:34 AM
Last bumped on May 13, 2016, 10:17:07 AM
reserved.
Really cool to see how many people play this build now that scold's is affordable:)

"
Poacher's mark Frenzy charge generation allows us to reach 0.26 attacks per second. This is the magic number, because CWDT gems stay on cooldown after trigger per 250ms (or 0.25 secs)

I'm pretty sure that's not how cyclone works with scold's. Cyclone only costs mana at the start of the spin. Cyclones attack speed determines how often you hit during the spin. So if you spin for one second you will hit four times. When you get to start your next spin is only related to your movement speed because you only get to recast cyclone when you've reached your endpoint.
Won't Poacher's Mark kill you sometimes, if you hit too many enemies before recasting Cyclone? Mana on hit -> full mana -> instadead? I guess VP helps against that. How much health do you have after subtracting the 3k you take from Scold's?

Also, please record vids, I love Scold's build vids :D

Edit: narf's right on how Cyclone works. You cast when you target a spot on the ground and then don't cast again until you reach that spot. Attack speed doesn't affect mana drain per second, movement speed does.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Apr 27, 2016, 10:50:38 PM
I love how you organized the guide! I would absolutely love to see a video if you have the time or the machine for it :) Great job!
"
I love how you organized the guide! I would absolutely love to see a video if you have the time or the machine for it :) Great job!

Thanks man!

I'm working on it, I'll try to make a nice recording even with this shitty laptop.

"
Won't Poacher's Mark kill you sometimes, if you hit too many enemies before recasting Cyclone? Mana on hit -> full mana -> instadead? I guess VP helps against that. How much health do you have after subtracting the 3k you take from Scold's?

That's why I'm using MoM and the Poacher is lvl 1, so very little mana on hit :)

"

Also, please record vids, I love Scold's build vids :D

Working on it!

"

Edit: narf's right on how Cyclone works. You cast when you target a spot on the ground and then don't cast again until you reach that spot. Attack speed doesn't affect mana drain per second, movement speed does.

Yeah you guys are right and I was wrong. I dont know what is the maximum movement speed to avoid CWDT cooldown but It looks "good" with that gear + charges + tree.

Anyone knows :P ?
Last edited by Ricael on Apr 28, 2016, 3:00:25 AM
"
Ricael wrote:
Yeah you guys are right and I was wrong. I dont know what is the maximum movement speed to avoid CWDT cooldown but It looks "good" with that gear + charges + tree.

It depends how far you're going, since it takes less time to travel a shorter distance, right. So if you're cycloning back and forth on a teeny line, then you don't need much speed. One way to test if you're cycloning and proccing cwdt optimally is to socket a blade vortex gem: Blade Vortex lasts 5 seconds by default, and CWDT procs a maximum of 4 times per second, so if you're getting close to (5/.25=)20-ish BV stacks then you're doing it right! One cast per .25 seconds is pretty fast though, that's like 240 BPM if you listen to a metronome.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Ricael wrote:

Thats why i moved away from a cycloner and started using Quillrain with Explosive Arrow on a completely flask reliant pathfinder. Its fairly easy to get 8 attacks per second and that means you only need half the mana cost. I used explosive arrow in a 3link(faster attacks, GMP) and i think 3 fevered minds.
"
narfcicles wrote:

Thats why i moved away from a cycloner and started using Quillrain with Explosive Arrow on a completely flask reliant pathfinder. Its fairly easy to get 8 attacks per second and that means you only need half the mana cost. I used explosive arrow in a 3link(faster attacks, GMP) and i think 3 fevered minds.

I've chosen cyclone over any other skill for using the same skill to move and attack, I feel it clears faster, just that. on the other hand it's hard to predict the number of casts and thus damage, as you said before.

I suppose you are using projectile skills with Quillrain right?
i think my setup was.
Quillrain: 2X3: Explosive arrow, Bloodmagic, Faster attacks. Blink Arrow, Haste, Summon Ice golem.
Scold's: CWDT, Shock Nova, FlameSurge, Discharge.
Rats Nest: 5L: CWDT, GMP, Slower Proj, Arctic Breath, Freezing Pulse.
Voidbringer: CWDT, Increased Critical strikes, Power Charge on Critical, Blade vortex.
Atziri's Step: Etheral Knives, Bladefall, Ice Nova.

I stopped playing the character a while ago because i kept dying to lagspikes.
The characters name is Drowningmypain if you're interested in my approach but it's not really equipped anymore. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/narfcicles/characters

BTW I also thought Cyclone would work with attack speed when i first thought of this build and made this character:)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627702
Last edited by narfcicles on Apr 28, 2016, 6:56:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info