[Mod] PoEController - update 25/11/2020

Update 25/11/2020:
At some requests, worked on a version that should support xbox one controller (actually had one to test). More info on the github page. Detailed info on the developer's guide there.

Update 03/09/2020:
Chris Wilson state on reddit that controller support will be coming to Path of Exile 2 on PC at some point. This project was made to use controllers before they even introduced Path of Exile on consoles, which had gamepad support. Please wait until PoE 2 for their controller support (which will be correctly integrated with the game ui etc.

Update 1:

After some reports from users, I created a new version of the project that is a lot faster than the previous and drops support for different game modes. You can get it on the releases page.

original post:

Hello.

Some weeks ago I posted some videos of me playing PoE with a controller on reddit, in a style that was similar to Diablo 3 on consoles. Today I would like to release the application (along with source code):

Links

Application download

Readme (Has more images)

Source code

Old Videos

First video
Second video
Last edited by csiqueirasilva on Nov 25, 2020, 9:19:50 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2019, 9:36:55 PM
Wow, this is amazing!

Thanks for the effort man! I'll have it tested on my Steam Controller.
Nice! Been looking for somehing like that

Still hope we could get official controller support sometime though :)
Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 29, 2016, 8:17:47 AM
But... why?
"
junaum wrote:
Wow, this is amazing!

Thanks for the effort man! I'll have it tested on my Steam Controller.

I don't know if it will be supported. The application fallbacks to the xbox 360 controller driver. But thanks for the support!

"
But... why?

Its just an option. Some people might use it, while many others will stick to KB+M. I believe there might be people who will even like to use both options.

"
smichal52 wrote:
Nice! Been looking for somehing like that

Still hope we could get official controller support sometime though :)

I wrote something about this in the README file. I would really appreciate if GGG wants to provide some kind of API or add-on support in the client (Lua scripting would be awesome!). But I do understand that they might not want it or don't have time/people to do it now.
Ty amazing
"
But... why?

Preference.

Also, some people have conditions that can make it difficult to use a keyboard and mouse.

"
Agashi wrote:
"
But... why?

Preference.

Also, some people have conditions that can make it difficult to use a keyboard and mouse.

Yeah, all the right handed scrubs that can't reach the shift key.
ign: rtsdedgenre
"
Krawol2 wrote:
"
Agashi wrote:
"
But... why?

Preference.

Yeah, all the right handed scrubs that can't reach the shift key.

I think he was speaking about players like NoHandsKen.

Also, I don't get why people actually hate mods like this. It's not like the regular KB+M will go away or the game will change to primarily support gamepads. This is just a fan's mod.
Really looking forward to seeing this be developed. I tried it with my PS4 controller but it didn't seem to work as none of the buttons did what they said. Not sure if its my computer or the software doesn't support it yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info