[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

"
Chridian wrote:
I think I'm not able to grasp how big a upgrade my 2 next items are,
it should be Taste of Hate and a +1 drillneck.
As for the quiver, im having shit for luck with vaal orbs, is it worth buying it? Is the upgrade so huge?
And as for taste of hate, how big a defesive boost is it really?
I'm assuming I have to notice when/if I will take major physical damage and pre-pop it.
Also, tips to dealing with some spell damage if and when I don't dodge it?
Example: the annoying little gremlins from perandus chests that spam spectral throw or kinetic blast or something.

Taste of hate will be better than Drillneck +1 arrow. You already have 2 arrows so I'd go for Taste first. ToH is legit. Do the math on it, it will decrease damage taken by roughly 15%. The third arrow is nice but not as nice as taste.

Spell damage has never been an issue for me. We have immense kiting abilities and do damage while we move. If you find that your playstyle is conducive to needing extra dodge, go for Phase Acro. Spells should not be much of an issue though.

I spent upwards of 25 vaal orbs on drillnecks. Sold them for what I bought them for. If you are impatient you can buy it but it is up to you. Get ToH first!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hello, question. Would a empower lvl 3 be better to socket into my bow then slower proj 20/20? on my 6link
Last edited by Blendight on Mar 31, 2016, 2:02:29 PM
"
Blendight wrote:
Hello, question. Would a empower lvl 3 be better to socket into my bow then slower proj 20/20? on my 6link

Good question. I have tested this myself.

Level 3 empower will do more damage. I am sure of it. However it really boosts the mana. As such, I sometimes run with Slower Proj. It makes running 60% mana maps much easier and the damage isn;t that big of a difference. If I was trying to farm specific things like Atziri, I would go Empower no doubt.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:

Level 3 empower will do more damage. I am sure of it. However it really boosts the mana. As such, I sometimes run with Slower Proj. It makes running 60% mana maps much easier and the damage isn;t that big of a difference. If I was trying to farm specific things like Atziri, I would go Empower no doubt.

So last question then. Lets suppose that i bought empower 3, which i did.

I changed the colour of one socket to red.. Is there a good socket to put in the red in times when i do like low level maps? Cant put slower proj there anymore, cant be bothered recolouring the socket each time. So i wonder, would there be atleast a little boost to damage with somekind of a red socket besides empower? Im pretty sure i wont need it for low content farm. Or even have something to just swap when i need it.
"
Blendight wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:

So last question then. Lets suppose that i bought empower 3, which i did.

I changed the colour of one socket to red.. Is there a good socket to put in the red in times when i do like low level maps? Cant put slower proj there anymore, cant be bothered recolouring the socket each time. So i wonder, would there be atleast a little boost to damage with somekind of a red socket besides empower? Im pretty sure i wont need it for low content farm. Or even have something to just swap when i need it.

I'd just use empower. The mana issue is not that big of a deal if you dont spam unnecessarily as clouds don't stack.

Low level maps don't get the high minus mana anyways, the roll like 20-40% which isn't an issue.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last question. Best Izaro enchant on helm? Caustic arrow - duration - damage - radius?
Last edited by Blendight on Mar 31, 2016, 3:38:15 PM
"
Blendight wrote:
Last question. Best Izaro enchant on helm? Caustic arrow - duration - damage - radius?

No worries. Ask away, that is what these threads are for!

CA Damage enchant is the best. Duration doesn't matter really and we already shoot 2 or 3 arrows so no need for more radius.

I have AA mana reservation on mine because I am too lazy to keep farming it.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 31, 2016, 4:02:54 PM
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:

CA Damage enchant is the best. Duration doesn't matter really and we already shoot 2 or 3 arrows so no need for more radius.

So CA damage will boost not only the initial hit but the damage over time aswell?
Thank you Grocery. Ye, im lazy too.. Not really sure if thats lazyness farming for 1enchant from 300 possible, but still.
Gladly there are some for sell.
"
Blendight wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:

So CA damage will boost not only the initial hit but the damage over time aswell?
Thank you Grocery. Ye, im lazy too.. Not really sure if thats lazyness farming for 1enchant from 300 possible, but still.
Gladly there are some for sell.

Yes, the caustic arrow enchant increases the cloud damage as well.

I would just buy a helmet and chaos spam the living hell out of it. Get something usable then GG no re.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey got a question! If I can't afford CA 21/20, is it enough only CA lvl 21? Because, quality only increase AOE, not damage. And, is it much better to have Lightning coil instead of any evasion armor? Also, want to try Uber, so I'm looking what I need to have. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info