[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

"
Grocery wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Do you mind if I ask a question that's not 100% related to the build per say but more about the performance?
I played this build, or a similar one (the ranger mf pa build) in the warbands league and I had a BLAST)
I was thinking that now that I have some currency and such I might level my scion to do this build, my question is, how challenging was the lab on the difficulties, each of them if you have done merc as well.
How's the survivability in general?
I watched the video and it looks like so much fun and I felt my triggerfinger itching hehe.
Oh and also, which bow would you recommend til you can use a +3 one? (I have some uniques in the stash)

It is a very safe build. No issues with reflect. It is Area Damage over Time so you can move and shoot. I did not get a +2 bow until level 60ish, so I leveled as LA. The lab is fine with LA.

I bet you could do it with Silverbranch.

Otherwise I'd go Storm Cloud/Death's Harp LA until you get a decent CA bow.

I level'd all the way starting out with CA And firetrap.. Overall pretty good... Only lacking abit on single target(WAs too lazy to get a flame totem) I used silverbranch and got a 5l white bow and crafted +2 bow skills on it for lvl 51..

MY question tho is: What should the dmg be like (i only have lvl 17 gems) Im sitting at 9k chaos dot, im just wondering what to expect :)
Awesome guide and awesome build :D thx alot
IGN: @tagames
"
TAgames wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Do you mind if I ask a question that's not 100% related to the build per say but more about the performance?
I played this build, or a similar one (the ranger mf pa build) in the warbands league and I had a BLAST)
I was thinking that now that I have some currency and such I might level my scion to do this build, my question is, how challenging was the lab on the difficulties, each of them if you have done merc as well.
How's the survivability in general?
I watched the video and it looks like so much fun and I felt my triggerfinger itching hehe.
Oh and also, which bow would you recommend til you can use a +3 one? (I have some uniques in the stash)

It is a very safe build. No issues with reflect. It is Area Damage over Time so you can move and shoot. I did not get a +2 bow until level 60ish, so I leveled as LA. The lab is fine with LA.

I bet you could do it with Silverbranch.

Otherwise I'd go Storm Cloud/Death's Harp LA until you get a decent CA bow.

I level'd all the way starting out with CA And firetrap.. Overall pretty good... Only lacking abit on single target(WAs too lazy to get a flame totem) I used silverbranch and got a 5l white bow and crafted +2 bow skills on it for lvl 51..

MY question tho is: What should the dmg be like (i only have lvl 17 gems) Im sitting at 9k chaos dot, im just wondering what to expect :)
Awesome guide and awesome build :D thx alot

Honestly not really sure. I never pay attention to tooltip while leveling so it is hard to say. Gem level is a huge deal though so you will notice large increases as CA levels, supports level, bow gets better, etc.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Please link ur jewels too please.
I notice you aren't playing with enlighten either, you dont considder it necessary?
Edit: I just realized it might not be necessary, I am also running with a 6L, and I feel that if you play like you teach us to play Senpai, shoot and run, by the time you are done running and about to shoot again, clarity has done its job.
(feels that way at least)
Last edited by Chridian on Mar 27, 2016, 12:39:50 PM
"
Chridian wrote:
I notice you aren't playing with enlighten either, you dont considder it necessary?
Edit: I just realized it might not be necessary, I am also running with a 6L, and I feel that if you play like you teach us to play Senpai, shoot and run, by the time you are done running and about to shoot again, clarity has done its job.
(feels that way at least)

As Scion I would 95%of the time use Clarity as Shadow, no need.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I am running clarity but the question was about enlighten (:
"
Chridian wrote:
I am running clarity but the question was about enlighten (:

Not necessary, but helpful.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
As I am fairly new anyone can explain me maybe how in this build do you build up your endurance charges for immortal call to work?
"
siema87 wrote:
As I am fairly new anyone can explain me maybe how in this build do you build up your endurance charges for immortal call to work?

It doesn't need endurance charges to work. the duration is just short.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I think I'm not able to grasp how big a upgrade my 2 next items are,
it should be Taste of Hate and a +1 drillneck.
As for the quiver, im having shit for luck with vaal orbs, is it worth buying it? Is the upgrade so huge?
And as for taste of hate, how big a defesive boost is it really?
I'm assuming I have to notice when/if I will take major physical damage and pre-pop it.
Also, tips to dealing with some spell damage if and when I don't dodge it?
Example: the annoying little gremlins from perandus chests that spam spectral throw or kinetic blast or something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info