[Research] Map increased item quantity (IIQ% ) and its role in map sustainability

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:39:32 PM
After I mentioned to Chris that he ignored the sole purpose of my work this was his reply (via Reddit):
"
Chris wrote:
I'm sorry for ignoring the sustainability aspect of your post. The drama it caused that developers were upset with were related to people interpreting that as commentary on Map IIQ's effect on map drops overall.
Also, I'd like to thank everyone for both positive feedback and constructive criticism. During 2.2 I'll try to make use of professional tools and methods of statistics so that my results are as accurate as possible. At this point I can tell you that I'll take a closer look at IIQ% without neither pack size nor magic monsters and in combination with both those modifiers. Sadly, I have to admit that I will be probably unable to establish an average monster population per map type. I'm currently looking into collecting my data based on a single map type so that the influence of the size of monster population can be minimized.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Feb 19, 2016, 8:01:53 PM
Just a half baked thought if u track the amount of exp gained..per map lvl, your lvl..as more monsters killed means more drop chance, more exp n more opportunity. ..

Didn't read this huge thread so maybe AL ready addressed
Last edited by Ragaroon on Feb 19, 2016, 9:14:53 PM
To reach a better conclusion, detailed data with standard deviation are needed to solve it statistically. But maybe we don't need to make things too complicated.

According to what GGG says, I believe that IIQ does increase the map drop.
Base on this, and by using your results, IIQ does increase the map drop, but not as significant as we think. It may be due to that Boss have additional chance the drop map.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info