[2.4] Legasi's Fallen Angel

"
Greymane2k wrote:
Do you think Occultist would be superior for Hardcore play? I'm in the process of leveling now, but am leaning towards Elementalist for the 50% Elemental Reflect reduction. Occultist undoubtedly has a significantly higher energy pool but I'm concerned about Reflect being a problem as an Occultist. What has your experience been like when encountering the occasional Rare mob with Ele Reflect? Obviously I would avoid Ele Reflect maps in any case.

First off, keep in mind that this build as described here is not designed for a hardcore envoironment.

There is a very intersting reflectproof ll champion ele wander build in the duelist section though.

I have not tested an Elemtalist version so I can only share my expierience as an Occultist.

Generally, the real threats for this build are

a) Long fights against dangerous bosses and

b) Offscreen reflect.

To a) After the Frost Wall nerf single target damage is really lackluster. Bosses are still managable if you kite them into a corner; and while your flasks are up your damage is still high enough and your defence excellent. Problems arise when your flasks run out on longer fights. Ofc not as problematic if you play with a friend.

To b) Do you have a Vessel of Vinktar? While the combination of Jade, Stibnite and AP boosted by flasknodes make onscreen reflect irrelevant in 98% of cases (there's always the faint possibily of a high lightning damage crit spike coming through), VoV makes this build reflect proof if you are aware of the ref mob and properly flask up .
This build's projectiles travel very fast, so hitting a ref mob offscreen can happen. That doesn't necessarily mean you die though, even without having flasks up. If you make sure to pot up before firing offscreen there shouldn't be a problem. My only death's to reflect even before owning a VoV were unprepared offscreen ref mobs or failed flask reaction on my part.

Now, is it worth giving up the Occultist's ~1k es bonus, automatic PC generation and overall tankyness for reflect immunity and more damage? Really hard to tell :/ I'd say if you have good reflexes and don't mind paying attention go Occultist, otherwise Elementalist for a more laid back playstyle.

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Legasi, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I saw the Champion build you mentioned in the Duelist section the other day but I wasn't too keen on going Champion.

I may try as an Elementalist and hope that it can survive the Reflect between the 50% reduction and Vaal Pact life leech, although it looks like this build is capable of extremely high burst damage so getting one shot is probably still a possibility.

As for the single target (not having Frost Wall) I wonder if there's a good weapon-swap alternative? I played the entirety of PHC as an EA Elementalist so I don't mind swapping weapons to accommodate my single target vs AoE needs. I wonder if a Bow on weapon swap (maybe even Quillrain and EA?) with a separate 5 or 6L setup for single target would be enough?
"
Greymane2k wrote:
Legasi, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I saw the Champion build you mentioned in the Duelist section the other day but I wasn't too keen on going Champion.

I may try as an Elementalist and hope that it can survive the Reflect between the 50% reduction and Vaal Pact life leech, although it looks like this build is capable of extremely high burst damage so getting one shot is probably still a possibility.

As for the single target (not having Frost Wall) I wonder if there's a good weapon-swap alternative? I played the entirety of PHC as an EA Elementalist so I don't mind swapping weapons to accommodate my single target vs AoE needs. I wonder if a Bow on weapon swap (maybe even Quillrain and EA?) with a separate 5 or 6L setup for single target would be enough?

Alrighty, I'm curious how it turns out! Please keep me updated ;)

To further reduce the risk of reflect rips you could also swap ICD for ICS to make the deeps less spiky. Elementalist nodes should more than compensate for the damage lost.

As Elementalist a single target EA weapon swap might even work! That's crazy, I like it :D
But keep in mind you'll lose the Auras in the PG if you swap.

I still think that kiting bosses into corners and/or playing with a friend is still the best alternative (Fallen Angel + Masterpiece synergy is insane!).

Did you think about which other Elementalist nodes to take and how to generate PC?

Mind if I add you in game?
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
First of all... many thanks for your builds your "Masterpiece" is my favorite tank these days! :)

Now ive been trying your "Fallen Angel" - and I'm having some issues. - I know my gear by far isnt optimized, but i cant even do normal lab at this point :(
The biggest problem is mana! - I cant 3-4 times and gone is my mana :( - i know berek's grip is suppose to help, but it just doesnt seem to prog at all :(

Hopefully you can advise me on gear, stats and/or other items that will solve/help me to get this build going :)

With regards!

My gear:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info