Skill Reveal - Summon Stone Golem

"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
YohSL wrote:
I like this Golem, but it does bring up and interesting question.

Why isn't Earth and actual magical element?
I see this in a lot of video games. You always tend to have Fire, Lightning and Cold, for obvious reasons. But more often then not Earth gets sidelined. And even when used it's almost always as primary defensive.

GGG is afraid to add new elements... Afraid of what might happen... We are two elements away from...

Earth! Fire! Lighting! Cold! Heart!
Your powers combined i am Captain Wraeclast!
Captain Wraeclast hes a murderer! Gona take corruption up to nine thousand and one!

I salute you!

If it isn't % regen it wouldn't get used by anyone so I cant see it being a flat amount or it's a waste of their time. They are making it far easier to run righteous fire these days though with the 2% regen amulets and now this, so I can see that getting a nerf.
IGN Golioth
Looks way too slow to be useful at first glance.

Looking at the video the golem seems to utilize a "% taunt on hit" similar to the notable in Duelist's champion ascendancy passive tree.
As already seen in the video this isn't that effective in endgame but might be nice for leveling.

problems with this golem and golems in general:

- not tanky enough for endgame content (chaos golem gets rekt by higher level content within seconds)
- if you want your golem to survive you need to invest in minion passives and/or link support gems
- most builds are already starved considering sockets
- the golem seem to have "% taunt on hit" which isn't consistant and he has to hit to draw aggro
- life regen value on the golem itself can't be too high because it would be too good for RF
- life regen is rendered useless in half/no regen maps

And the biggest point i have:
In the time the golem needs to approach the pack of mobs, hit them and draw aggro you likly will have killed the pack anyway from afar (ranged builds) or quickly whirled/leaped and have killed them (melee) already before the golem could even reach single mob.
If you can't do that your build might not be that good and is simply not competitive enough to compete with the economy in challenge leagues where meta builds are most dominant.

So it is basically rendered "useless" for white mobs and blue mobs. Against tanky rares and some bosses it might have its use but then there is the problem of inconsistancy (% taunt on hit) and its AI.
A good build should always be able to handle rares and most bosses by its own anyway so there is no point for using this golem in endgame 95% of the time.

If the life regen is high/impactfull enough i can see it used by RF builds - maybe we should call this thing "RF-golem" from now on instead of stone golem.

some offtopic:
Why "stone" golem? what does stone have to do with life regen in PoE? Something like Bloodgolem would be more appropriate i feel :^)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Feb 11, 2016, 6:43:55 AM
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Looking at the video the golem seems to utilize a "% taunt on hit" similar to the notable in Duelist's champion ascendancy passive tree.
As already seen in the video this isn't that effective in endgame but might be nice for leveling.

problems with this golem and golems in general:

- not tanky enough for endgame content (chaos golem gets rekt by higher level content within seconds)
- if you want your golem to survive you need to invest in minion passives and/or link support gems
- most builds are already starved considering sockets
- the golem seem to have "% taunt on hit" which isn't consistant and he has to hit to draw aggro
- life regen value on the golem itself can't be too high because it would be too good for RF
- life regen is rendered useless in half/no regen maps

And the biggest point i have:
In the time the golem needs to approach the pack of mobs, hit them and draw aggro you likly will have killed the pack anyway from afar (ranged builds) or quickly whirled/leaped and have killed them (melee) already before the golem could even reach single mob.
If you can't do that your build might not be that good and is simply not competitive enough to compete with the economy in challenge leagues where meta builds are most dominant.

So it is basically rendered "useless" for white mobs and blue mobs. Against tanky rares and some bosses it might have it's use but then there is the problem of inconsistancy (% taunt on hit) and it's AI.
A good build should always be able to handle rares and most bosses by it's own anyway so there is no point for using this golem in endgame 95% of the time.

If the life regen is high/impactfull enough i can see it used by RF builds - maybe we should call this thing "RF-golem" from now on instead of stone golem.

some offtopic:
Why "stone" golem? what does stone have to do with life regen in PoE? Something like Bloodgolem would be more appropriate i feel :^)

all the problems in one post - i hope someone from GGG actually reads this!
It will be good if it work like decoy totem or use enduring cry, because his attack is not worth.
OMG, the specials of these golems are completelly off and NOT logical.

Lets see..
Chaos Golem gives Physical reduction?
Stone Golem gives Life regen?
What is next, Blood Golem giving, khm.. Mana? :)

GGG, for gods sake, please come to mind. Stone Golem should give Physical reduction. Chaos Golem should give some form of chaos damage mitigation and if you really want to have a Life regen golem - make a freaking Blood golem like in every other decent fantasy world.
Life regen golem, all I needed for my next toon, which will be hardcore again. Seems interesting overall, although it might render the chaos golem obsolete?
I wouldn't mind a blood/flesh golem in the game, it fits the theme. Just look at Lunaris Temple.
Wait so golems still blow? OK, just making sure.
"
leto2626 wrote:
...although it might render the chaos golem obsolete?

That is actually a very good point - why would i use a chaos golem when this golem is more tanky over all and better at keeping monsters busy? Because of the 4% phys reduction - i don't think so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info