Skill Reveal - Summon Stone Golem

"
BeRse wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Looking at the video the golem seems to utilize a "% taunt on hit" similar to the notable in Duelist's champion ascendancy passive tree.
As already seen in the video this isn't that effective in endgame but might be nice for leveling.

problems with this golem and golems in general:

- not tanky enough for endgame content (chaos golem gets rekt by higher level content within seconds)
- if you want your golem to survive you need to invest in minion passives and/or link support gems
- most builds are already starved considering sockets
- the golem seem to have "% taunt on hit" which isn't consistant and he has to hit to draw aggro
- life regen value on the golem itself can't be too high because it would be too good for RF
- life regen is rendered useless in half/no regen maps

And the biggest point i have:
In the time the golem needs to approach the pack of mobs, hit them and draw aggro you likly will have killed the pack anyway from afar (ranged builds) or quickly whirled/leaped and have killed them (melee) already before the golem could even reach single mob.
If you can't do that your build might not be that good and is simply not competitive enough to compete with the economy in challenge leagues where meta builds are most dominant.

So it is basically rendered "useless" for white mobs and blue mobs. Against tanky rares and some bosses it might have it's use but then there is the problem of inconsistancy (% taunt on hit) and it's AI.
A good build should always be able to handle rares and most bosses by it's own anyway so there is no point for using this golem in endgame 95% of the time.

If the life regen is high/impactfull enough i can see it used by RF builds - maybe we should call this thing "RF-golem" from now on instead of stone golem.

some offtopic:
Why "stone" golem? what does stone have to do with life regen in PoE? Something like Bloodgolem would be more appropriate i feel :^)

all the problems in one post - i hope someone from GGG actually reads this!

life reg is useless in half and no reg maps ..... really sherlock^^
Auras are almost unuseable on blood magic maps .....
ice build are bad in cold res maps ....
that argument is so funny
Ohhhhh yeah!! One after another incoming stuff suits my planned character so well! It's like GGG is in my mind lol.

Anyway, amazing addition. Looking forward to summon this little tough guy!

EDIT:
Indeed RF is gonna be a little buffed with this but if the regen of the golem is way to low to avoid it, it's gonna be useless.
So what about a nerf to RF? Like burn for 100% of life and 75% of ES? (numbers are random ofc) As I used to play RF in the past, things were a bit harder than they are now. So it won't harm.
Consider it, so whiners stop whining about RF being OP.

Cheers!
CI >> Life
Last edited by sonafab on Feb 12, 2016, 8:40:51 AM
"
waved4sh wrote:
"
narbays wrote:
Why not a lightning golem? Like the other elements?

bruh have you even tried to summon a golem made of lightning

it's way harder than the other elements

This is true. You aren't just creating matter out of thin air. You are creating a self-sustaining current of electricity that circulates through air which creates the lighting like plasma that radiates like lightning. So basically the creature you are making is immaterial in some sense.
Yeah... can't help, quite disappointed.

If its regen isn't op as hell, then who the hell needs a slow, never aggroed "tank" that provides regen when almost always big onehits are the problem...
And the vid showed how "good" he is at "taunting"... (the vid actually looked more like a parody to me :( )

On the positive side... it looks really cool! (sadly we already have a ton of good looking useless cr...stuff)
What makes this significantly different from Chaos Golem? Tanky minion that adds survivability. I suppose Life Regen can be better than Damage Reduction depending on the situation. Does this guy taunt or something? Different color gem?

Also Lightning Golem where?
I reckon if they do finally add Lightning Golem it would be Attack/Cast Speed...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
That's nice and all but..

One huge issue for the typical summoner type. Mass AoE spam from bosses and getting your minions to focus the right thing down before they're all AoE'd to oblivion.

This is a pointless addition. It does nothing that the summoner already has. Minions to hide behind. Summoners need utility, not more meat shields.
Last edited by Ghoulz666 on Feb 16, 2016, 1:52:55 AM
I think the Golem is great. Im running a CI summoner with the ambilicus belt so i have no flasks, so with zealots oath its just added ES regeneration. and i have lots of options in flasks to help keep my minions from getting one shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info