The Arctic Lynx, Wolf and Armour Are Now For Sale!

"
Kingoko wrote:
1/10000 LOL

I get chest piece on my first opened box, they wasnt so rare, like 1 on 100 max

Cool story bro.
If you followed general discussion days when boxes was on sale, few players did their statistics and posted them on forum. Most of them get chest in around 100 boxes.
One other player did some other thing, he was buying boxes as long he will get all 19 different rewards at least 1 of each. He spend 4000-4500 pts, dont remember exact number.
Im aware some players spend as much as well, didnt getting any chest and they gave up. I know also some that get chest opening only few boxes. My first opened box was chest, so i continued to open more, trying more luck :P
So statistically i dont think they were as much rare, 1 on 100 (maybe 1 on 200) seems correct here.

"
Kingoko wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
Now we just need the BABY ELEPHANT PET!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-b_AkXKHE

-VG-

WTF! I want that lol

Too cute for this game.
Spoiler

Bah; there are a lot of really cute pets. This one is just the most awesome. :D

I want one of these (but, granted, it's probably going to be VERY expensive)!

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Feb 11, 2016, 1:20:29 AM
"
PsOfOs wrote:

You forgot to quote the part about the chest having 1/10.000 chance to drop.
That is the greed.
I agree that it was well stated by GGG that they would go on shop later but you had to buy TEN THOUSAND boxes to get the armour.
Are you people ok with this? For real?

Why would one buy 10,000 boxes just to get the armor when you KNEW it would be in the store later? And then to whine about it later?

I don't mean to come off too harsh, but this does sound a bit dumb, does it not?

Greed would be giving no indication that it was rare, or that it would be available later ... or actually not making it available later. Maybe they could have been a little more clear as to the rarity, but I'm not seeing the "money grab" argument when it was down to individual people to decide that they wanted to take a gamble at that time. But eh, that's just my opinion.

"

Even GGG isn't immune to corporate greed and that's why people don't want to support you anymore.

Says the SOVEREIGN Supporter. One look at this thread shows many, many recent supporters like yourself.

I'm thinking of doing the same, but I'm ... you know ... poor as shit. Still, I want this game to be here next decade and I want to do my part to make that happen if I can.

-VG-
Thanks for putting this transaction on sale.

I wasn't playing when the random chance boxes were released so I didn't even know about it.

Suffice to say I am loving the set, makes the Marauder look like a BEAST :D
I was "smart" enough to give myself a fixed number of boxes I'll buy and not hoping for any outcome (just like I did with the previous mistery box event). It was just for the fun of it. Hoping for a particular outcome was of course the best way to be disappointed.

But it's easy to say for someone who got a lynx and the arctic portal effect from the only two boxes he spent points on.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Feb 11, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

You forgot to quote the part about the chest having 1/10.000 chance to drop.
That is the greed.
I agree that it was well stated by GGG that they would go on shop later but you had to buy TEN THOUSAND boxes to get the armour.
Are you people ok with this? For real?

Why would one buy 10,000 boxes just to get the armor when you KNEW it would be in the store later? And then to whine about it later?

I don't mean to come off too harsh, but this does sound a bit dumb, does it not?

Greed would be giving no indication that it was rare, or that it would be available later ... or actually not making it available later. Maybe they could have been a little more clear as to the rarity, but I'm not seeing the "money grab" argument when it was down to individual people to decide that they wanted to take a gamble at that time. But eh, that's just my opinion.

"

Even GGG isn't immune to corporate greed and that's why people don't want to support you anymore.

Says the SOVEREIGN Supporter. One look at this thread shows many, many recent supporters like yourself.

I'm thinking of doing the same, but I'm ... you know ... poor as shit. Still, I want this game to be here next decade and I want to do my part to make that happen if I can.

-VG-

Well they didn't scam anyone,i never said anythong like that.
But it was a really offensive move,making the chest super super rare. It's not like they didn't see the income opportunity. They knew every kid would give them his money for a flashy armour. It's marketing and it's brutal.
Anyway,as for the support thing. I believe the incomes from packs,boxes,mtx,skins average as if every player bought the game 2-3 times if not more, if it would cost say 30$.
And as an extra GGG gets to postpone the fixes of major bugs and flaws for years because "this is free,we are poor and trying"
I wish poe would cost 30-40$ and had no flaws over the years instead of this.
I mean a trading based game with no trading system for years,desync,crazy imbalance and such.
They had to get a playerbase and they played smart but now it's time to be pro game developers.
I only bought stash tabs but i would pay good for a perfect poe.
And that's just my oppinion also.
d
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 13, 2016, 11:35:16 AM
"
PsOfOs wrote:

Anyway,as for the support thing. I believe the incomes from packs,boxes,mtx,skins average as if every player bought the game 2-3 times if not more, if it would cost say 30$.

I don't think we'd have gotten the expansions if they just sold it for an initial $30-40 at launch. I could see if they charged for, say Awakening (which is GREAT) as an expansion if it included the previous 2, but I think they have a good playerbase precisely because they offer it for free.

"
And as an extra GGG gets to postpone the fixes of major bugs and flaws for years because "this is free,we are poor and trying"
I wish poe would cost 30-40$ and had no flaws over the years instead of this.
I mean a trading based game with no trading system for years,desync,crazy imbalance and such.
They had to get a playerbase and they played smart but now it's time to be pro game developers.
I only bought stash tabs but i would pay good for a perfect poe.
And that's just my oppinion also.

Well, I'm with you on the trading system. They really have little excuse for not coming up with something suitable there.

As for the other points you mentioned, the game is *WAY* more stable now than it was a couple years ago. Desync and imbalances will always happen to some extent as this is a constantly growing game, but really, what we have now is a tremendous improvement in those areas. Yeah, maybe they could focus a little more on fixing things and a little less on new content, but there has been a recent announcement of new staff hires that HOPEFULLY will allow them to focus on these very things. The content is what keeps people coming back, but it would be nice if more of those people stayed rather than getting frustrated.

I don't blame greed for this, though. It's in their best interest to fix flaws as much as possible. Hopefully they haven't just given up on the trade system, etcetera, thinking the game is "good enough" as it is. I could see your point if that is in fact what they have done.

-VG-
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Feb 12, 2016, 12:58:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info