Hear me out

"
Unarmed is unarmed. Lets look at real martial arts, are there any that call it dual wielding?

Exactly why I don't like calling hands and feet weapons. I am a 2nd Dan in Taekwondo and yes just about every damn martial arts will call your body a weapon when you get to that point but you are never "wielding" anything unless you have nunchaku, escrima sticks, etc. You need to actually have something that is an extension of your body to be wielding a weapon in my experience so weapon or tool, it isn't really wielding unless it can do something better than you can do on your own.

Yes gloves can be wielded in that sense but like I said before. Gloves protect your hands and that is about it. A screwdriver or hammer or bo staff gives you an extension of skill. OP can argue that the facebreakers are still extended your skills (if they were real) by making you Saitama and One Punch everything but they are at the end of the day simply protective gloves that happen to strengthen your unarmed punch. It doesn't make sense to me to claim you are wielding gloves when there is no extension of your body's skills just a buff. You need a hammer to beat a nail without screwing up your hand, you don't need gloves to punch, they just help.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
What about boxing gloves?
"
Unarmed is unarmed. Lets look at real martial arts, are there any that call it dual wielding?
Are there many people who use martial arts moves while holding a shield in one hand?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Does Captain America count?
Bump for justice!

In POE, if you attack with no shield, the model will periodically alternate between hands. The model will never attack with any other body part, so "octo-wield" is pretty much besides the point.

However, if you were curious how such monstrosities such as "novem-wield" might look like.....

Spoiler

<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:
Bump for justice!

In POE, if you attack with no shield, the model will periodically alternate between hands. The model will never attack with any other body part, so "octo-wield" is pretty much besides the point.

However, if you were curious how such monstrosities such as "novem-wield" might look like.....

Spoiler

...That is armour made purely for the sake of being used as a weapon... Not really giving you any justification that gloves are "wielded."

Still not going to address that literally no martial artist alive says they "wield their fisticuffs"?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I'm dual wielding on my face-breaker char atm, since i use a quiver instead of a shield.
It looks ballers, throwing the alternating punches on mobs :)

But really OP = quiver is already attack based focused opposed to a shield.

so you actually already get a bonus over shield on offense, it's a fair trade off.

And with the new crit amulet for facebreakers, you can pack a lot of punch from a quiver.

It's the best fucking animation ever though :D

A ranger with 170% movement speed going double whammy on the mobs. I signed up and i did not regret.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I'm dual wielding on my face-breaker char atm, since i use a quiver instead of a shield.
It looks ballers, throwing the alternating punches on mobs :)

Hm, for some reason I thought they made quivers not work with unarmed. Definitely an oversight by me. I'll edit op. What a world we live in. Quivers benefit unarmed attacks but using 2 hands is not dual wielding. :(
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info