Poll:What should GGG do with Dominating Blow?

They should overtune it, as they should just about every ability. Make every ability stupid strong. Game should be about customization and making whatever fun builds you want, not being forced into a few strong ones if you want to enjoy the game's content.
"
raxleberne wrote:
Remove it from game along with other crap like elemental hit and chance to flee

You leave elemental hit alone!
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Why does every single skill need to be viable in all situations?

There has to be bad skills and good ones. Its the only way new players are going to figure out how to play this game.

The best thing about this game is the fact that you can make anything work well. Is it optimal? Does it clear maps in 2min or less? Likely not, but if you're having fun with it, who cares about that shit.

Dom blow is fine where it is. period.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Feel like playing up a DB build just to show you that it can be played. You're on this crusade. How about you document your claims instead of trying to simply garner popular support for them?

Seriously... this is like the sixth one of these and you still haven't answered basic questions about your premise.

He won't reply to that because you will most likely tear apart whatever rebuttal he presents you. I partied with a dominating blow character and he/she was clearing rather quickly with all types of monsters around him.
The pre-2.0 version was actually pretty decent, to be honest. The 115% damage effectiveness applied to both the attack and the minions, and that plus maybe 30% minion damage from the tree is all that was really needed for a cloud of minions to safely burst down most of a boss's life.

If I were to buff it, I'd either:

- Go back to pre-2.0 stats, maybe add free attack/cast speed because the power creep is real, but pre-2.0 DB was pretty good by its self IMO.

- Massively buff the bonuses to minions, but make the resurrection only apply to white mobs.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Dominating blow falls into the same category as other single target melee skills like Vigilant Strike, Glacial Hammer, Puncture(melee) and even Shield Charge.

There should be a way to select a passive tree skill, unique item(s), or support gem that sacrifices all attack speed modifier potential in favour of a significant increase in raw damage potential (and possible a boost in move speed).

In this way, a person could create real assassin type characters or big thunderous hitting Thor types.

In the case of Dominating Blow, one would have more support socket room to explore interesting possibilities for the resulting minions. As Raics eluded to previously, currently the supports must mainly be allocated to initial damage. The skill shouldn't be a '6-link exclusive'

Melee splash is lame. Just ditch it all together and be done with it.

Well said.
Would love the attack speed to raw power conversion keystone or w/e.

"
raxleberne wrote:
Remove it from game along with other crap like elemental hit and chance to flee

Why? Why does everything have to have a great use? Just leave it in the game for people who like to use it. Improving things is of course better, but removing would be even worse.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
universal777 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Feel like playing up a DB build just to show you that it can be played. You're on this crusade. How about you document your claims instead of trying to simply garner popular support for them?

Seriously... this is like the sixth one of these and you still haven't answered basic questions about your premise.

He won't reply to that because you will most likely tear apart whatever rebuttal he presents you. I partied with a dominating blow character and he/she was clearing rather quickly with all types of monsters around him.
i wont reply because he asked no question lol

he just said "you dont answer" but never asked anything
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I asked them weeks ago in your first, second and possibly your third post on this.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I asked them weeks ago in your first, second and possibly your third post on this.
no point in arguing with a troll/flamer like you...please stop trying to derail the thread
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 8, 2016, 11:50:24 AM
The only dominating thing about this skill is that god forsaken golden cross.
Which leads me to "other":

- Reduce the cross as starters, or maybe even get rid of it completely and display dominated monsters as golden spectres, or as the good old D2 revived monsters; all black and smoking.

- Reduce the mana cost.

- Make them last forever.

- Monster amount/ gem lvl
2/1, 3/2, 4/3, 4/4, 5/5, 5/6, 6/7, and keep skipping a few till it ends up 12/20.

- Quality adds monster attack/cast/movement speed and dmg.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Feb 8, 2016, 12:04:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info