Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] Windripper Tornado shot magic finder

Nice gear mate :) jewels could use some upgrades but otherwise smooth sailing ;)

What ranger build are u playing? I didn't get to test ranger yet but Deadeye ranger should be pretty sweet for this build with a drillneck and some skill tree tweaks.

Did some labyrinth speedruns today for ladder, and bam:

@Lanfear88 wow congrats welcome to the club. Do you plan on still using ice golem, or free up some crit nodes and use light/flame golem?

@saranghaeyo Your ranger guide is amazing when I first read it as a bow noob. Good to see you play windripper. Also just read your reddit thread on your 500 lake runs, and it's interesting to see your results similar to lanfear's thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1582886) although he had ~30 more runs on you.

Came across this interesting thread from Korgoth (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1581803/page/1) about his experience magic finding with windripper (109/43 w/o WR mf stats). Basically 0.76 ex/hr in 10 maps (t6-10). I guess that's ok for the tradeoff of potential higher tier gear vs lake. But seems like dried lake is king for zero investment
Honestly im using this atm to get even more MF and since a death every now and then doesnt hurt me since im 100.

I want crit on this helm and additional projectiles on my rat's nest. But not dropping ice golem anyway, the accuracy is helpfull too.

I would avoid dried lake if i could, maps are gonna be better almost always unless u get a lucky card from voll. The map quantity and rarity is too good. I posted my loot from 5 hours of mapping in the same thread you are referring to and the currency drops alone should be up towards 2 ex/h. I normally get at least 1 exalt drop as well in 5hour sessions so thats not just a lucky find.
Can this build be played on fresh league? It wont have so much iiq/iir for sure, but is ti viable anyways or shouldnt be played on new leagues?

edit: And which gem will be the best (damage wise) instead of iiq?
Last edited by dooqu on Apr 22, 2016, 8:08:03 AM
Hey Guys,

very interesting and nice build! I am wondering if there is any substitution for the jewels, because for a beginner, this is very very expensive. Are there any suggestions, which stats on a gem to look for?
"
dooqu wrote:
Can this build be played on fresh league? It wont have so much iiq/iir for sure, but is ti viable anyways or shouldnt be played on new leagues?

I think it's very much viable :) Finding the build not just nice MF but also fast and fun. I imagine it'll be just a bit more expensive to get started in a new league?

As for gem, I think Added Lightning Damage.
IGN: Heamer
"
dooqu wrote:

I think i would do it abit different in a new league.

I would go assasin + Deadeye with this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAOWBS0FtQ-rEYEUdRa_Go0hdiLqI9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjguUzB8Mfo1kjfUOdQ6szrhOyg-z0MxR35KyEtXTP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLVvpaUlsmW69d8l-wYENh4mKsY6dlTWwIbIxuPW6qbydvO2-eb_JwUnTtdct293cHd9d4DXrve8N_K3_7gwmExYbOhxOJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CQCppqm12btZyknMSdqqCfpHimV6iatMW18rcit7a9Nr3mvoC-p8AawOPBM8HVwuzDOspK02_UI9i92sHb591G3vjl5udU6NbqYusU7T_xivGz8kXyl_4K_o__3g==

This should cover strength and int needs, give u about 150-160% max life, lots of jewels for more life. almost crit capped with mf gear and a non leg windripper (9% crit). Over 90% chance to hit etc.

Gear i would do like this:

Helm: rats nest w/ tornadoshot crit chance enchant
chest: kaoms
wep: ripper
Quiver: Drillneck (lovely with +1 arrows corrupt)
Belt: rare heavy belt with lots of wed and resists and life.
Gloves: Sadimas with ele weakness corrupt.
Boots: Goldwyrm, either +1 corrupt or fire dmg on kill enchant.
Rings: You need diamonds to get crit capped, but gold rings should do. WED and life and resists and mf
Ammy: crit multi, crit chance, wed, life, mf.

Links: TS, GMP, WED, Added Cold damage, pierce, IIR or added lightning.

Note: You can swap pierce with added lightning and pick up the pierce nodes from tree instead. I haven't tested it but it might be better. I will at least advice you to have 100% pierce, and the gem also gives 30% more damage.

You will not have the same mf values but can still get pretty sweet mf with good survival and clear speed. At least around 50/230 with good ventor's rings.
"
morph1084 wrote:
Hey Guys,

very interesting and nice build! I am wondering if there is any substitution for the jewels, because for a beginner, this is very very expensive. Are there any suggestions, which stats on a gem to look for?

Static electricity gem can be used just below scion right side.

Stats to look for are:

Prefixes: Life% and IAS with bows. Only two good bow prefixes for windripper.
Suffixes: resists/stats and crit multi > increased damage/increased projectile damage > crit chance/accuracy
I'll probably play this in the next temp league, very low barrier to entry and pretty flexible imo.

First few days of the league should be easy to get a 4L Storm Cloud and Sadima + Goldwyrm and supporting gear to start up, and eventually transition into better gear. I didn't consider using a Drillneck, but that is also a nice possibility.

Was thinking TS + GMP + WED + Added Lightning to start and then Crit Strikes + Added Cold for 5L and 6L on the non-Drillneck version.

Since we don't need a secondary attack really, chest can be anything (early league thinking just generic Eva chest to help with Resistances).

For the build I'm still trying to track down a good IIQ helm. Tried Lightning Golem, really disliked it as I would also prefer to have the Crit and Accuracy of the Ice Golem.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Is increased crit chance as a gem link instead of added cold damage a viable option to make up for the missing crit chance using 2x Ventors?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info