Path of "just skip it". A comprehensive list of game content to just skip and why.

Jungle valley 933476873894768374687 flicker spiders
jungle valley is not that bad after the 'monsters do not jump at you at once' change

stuff that i skip and i recommend new players to skip:

museum bosses - until very late in the game
phantasmagoria boss - it is a very challenging fight and weak character can and will get overwhelmed
thicket - if no armour build
wharf - if low hp and no chaos resist (esp if +boss damage)
graveyard boss - if not able to deal with freezes (flask usage or gear)

fracture + reflect. it is ofc doable and fun but only when prepared. fracture is quite unpredictable

twinned dry peninsula - doable but gets really old real quick

maps with 'shocked ground' can be really rippy. stuff that is survivable without is suddenly stunning and killing. dangerous mostly because it is hardly noticeable vs thrash but Piety's thunderstorm + shock ground gives 0 time to react when you are already shocked..
Skipping corrupting blood?? why? it's easy?
Also why bonespire? it is also easy, just do not stand in the ground effect that's all.

I could argue with Volatile Blood as melee, since it ripped my max physicalreduction 7500hp char geared in a lightning coil and a taste of hate. A nice clear oneshot.

But in my opinion it do not make much sense to categorize something that relies on many variables. What you can do and what you can not do, depends on several things:
melee/ranged
archetype
frontload dmg yes/no
high damage
defense
connection

Example:
You can do jungle valley boss easy as cyclone on hardcore with mediocre gear.
I would never not do it as a totem summoner with very good gear.
Last edited by blackstar on Feb 7, 2016, 1:38:26 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
jungle valley is not that bad after the 'monsters do not jump at you at once' change

stuff that i skip and i recommend new players to skip:

museum bosses - until very late in the game
phantasmagoria boss - it is a very challenging fight and weak character can and will get overwhelmed
thicket - if no armour build
wharf - if low hp and no chaos resist (esp if +boss damage)
graveyard boss - if not able to deal with freezes (flask usage or gear)

fracture + reflect. it is ofc doable and fun but only when prepared. fracture is quite unpredictable

twinned dry peninsula - doable but gets really old real quick

maps with 'shocked ground' can be really rippy. stuff that is survivable without is suddenly stunning and killing. dangerous mostly because it is hardly noticeable vs thrash but Piety's thunderstorm + shock ground gives 0 time to react when you are already shocked..

At the end, as usual depends on the build... for example a CI one, even an heavy regen (ZO) lke mine, has difficulty to regenerate all that spider's damage...
On the other hand, phantasmagoria boss is easy once over regen her damage, wharf is a joke (CI).
Museum is a pain because the super speed titty bitch, and for merveil... i skip her -.-
Wow this needs to be updated / active.
My two cents

Just skip Lair , Dark forest -Bosses
The phase change if you do high / burst dps is very unpredictable - switches to wolf form come without warning 2/3 times.
Abyssal Lich --- Fuck that shit in parties or even normal ones at high level maps- unless you are carrying a ming's heart spare to switch rings before you enter- not worth exp loss.
Not even sure of the sudden 1 shot skills , either volatile dead, corpse explosion,corrupting blood
w/e it is its from the green thorns on the ground phase.

Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 4, 2018, 1:59:58 PM
Ulaman is the rare but easy lich. The other one who is common is more dangerous with that crazy barrage.

I hate lair and dark forest as well. Other than that no bosses are a big problem. Only map I skip is HoGM. I forgot that I hate the minotaur but he is t16 so ...

OP, you know about staunching flasks, right? CB antidote.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info