Path of "just skip it". A comprehensive list of game content to just skip and why.

None. Man up and fight!
Not a signature.
I don't skip any boss or mod. Sometime can happens in some unidentified maps, because the risk is too high compared to reward, can also happen stemporary before some build updates or close to level up. Also I don't use the "Alt + f4" trick. Also I don't play legacy umbalanced items. No boosts, no tricks, so... I'm the best player in PoE.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Feb 5, 2016, 4:21:02 AM
well this thread is basically pointless because what you think "should be skipped" many other players consider to be easy

I only skip some map bosses sometimes. It depends on a build I am playing and actual estimated risk factor
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Can anyone teach me how to deal with Phantagorism map boss?

I usually find it much safer to skip this on any character that cannot move while dealing damage. Generally the only character I will fight Thraxia with is my caustic arrow ranger.

Only way to not die is to pop out around a corner, fire a caustic arrow cloud, and then go hide again.

Do this over and over until she is eventually dead.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

I usually find it much safer to skip this on any character that cannot move while dealing damage. Generally the only character I will fight Thraxia with is my caustic arrow ranger.

Only way to not die is to pop out around a corner, fire a caustic arrow cloud, and then go hide again.

Players with OK DPS just insta-gib that boss in 1-2 seconds, that's all.
But if your gear just matches content, you better skip it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
If you are on softcore, use multiple characters for full clears, do most of the map as your "main" and then finish it with something that can die or has the defences/DPS for that boss.

e: this method also saves up tons of chaos
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Feb 6, 2016, 5:31:36 AM
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

If you're a melee character use a movement skill to get close ASAP because the Lightning spray is what hurts. Splash helps for the adds.
I think the most ridiculous boss fight for the level lies within the Museum
The only things I consistently skip are Shock and Horror and map version Weaver. Nothing else needs to be skipped. Nothing else can instagib you (bulldog + rooster excluded for melee).

Just another reason softcore is the better game mode. What is the fun of never challenging yourself? What is the fun of pussing out on content you have a ~75% chance of beating?

Hardcore is a game mode that punishes the player for facing challenges. My best PoE experiences have been facing bosses, beyond mobs, and maps that I didn't quite have a handle on. In other words conent you "hardcore" folks skip.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 6, 2016, 8:11:25 AM
"
The only things I consistently skip are Shock and Horror and map version Weaver. Nothing else needs to be skipped. Nothing else can instagib you (bulldog + rooster excluded for melee).

Just another reason softcore is the better game mode. What is the fun of never challenging yourself? What is the fun of pussing out on content you have a ~75% chance of beating?

Hardcore is a game mode that punishes the player for facing challenges. My best PoE experiences have been facing bosses, beyond mobs, and maps that I didn't quite have a handle on. In other words conent you "hardcore" folks skip.

You shouldn't have to skip Shock and Horror. The fight is purely mechanical and she can't really oneshot you (except if you stand on shocked ground when 5 totems warp in on you. don't do that). Beam kills a char in about 3-4 seconds (~4.5k life), plenty of time to go hide behind the pillar. Also as someone mentioned Shock and Horror have pretty low hp. GGG even removed lightning storms that happened before, when you kill little squid mobs. Fight can be done even without topaz, if the map doesn't have vulnerability, extra damage/extra boss damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info