IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

Paragton of Calamity + Reflex = can we support reflect damage?
Looking at the print of all 3 witch class, I bet the third will be about Curses.

Also got a funny idea... what if Scion class is just 6x jewel slots :D ?
IGN Bzyk

R.I.P. No-Aegis Necro tank (3.2.0) ;(
I'm assuming there were too many witch players in this game, well, lets fix it!

tldr. I'm also disappointed, other classes are so much better. yes 100% increase ele damage is something (well its somewhere 30% on average (4 sec out of 14 sec) which equals 3 nodes...) and yes 3 status ailments are strong (which is on kill buff and against most bosses won't work) and all other nodes... they are just bad. maybe some CoC would work with it, but dunno.
only videos and no skilltree screenshot. yehaw
"
Seriously GGG...

STOP IT! PLEASE! JUST STOP POSTING VIDEOS AT IGN!!! or these other sides and upload them on your youtube instead!

This. Legit IGN's video never work. They always refuse to play, I understand you want their publicity, but it's annoying when you go to see it and you just can't. IGN is just bad.
IGN: Lil_Crimson
"
rade0n wrote:
only videos and no skilltree screenshot. yehaw

https://imgur.com/a/wzWFm

You're welcome! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
IGN videos don't work at all for me.
I don't think this class is so bad when you see Ice Nova freezing shocking and igniting at the same time!
Also Elemental Proliferation for all skills with no need for gem socket and without damage penalty is huge. I know radius sucks but it could be subject for future iterations. Honestly I don't like that Elemental Proliferation requires increased aoe radius because area skills usually don't need proliferation at all!
Paragon of Calamity is basicaly elemental adaptation which synergies well with Lightning coil, Cloak of Flames and Taste of Hate.
Mastermind of Discord could be basicaly elemental penetration but I am not sure about term fire/cold/lightning skill. Hopefully it will work for elemental wanders or Physical skills (Hatered + Added Fire Damage + Phys to Lightning). Otherwise it promotes combo playstyle. As someone mentioned before It could be triggered simply by using elemental movement skill such as Flame dash or Lightning Warp. Looks like it works with opposite direction compared to damage conversion. :)
Pendulum of Destruction is nice way how to reward players for casting strong spells at the right moment.
And lesser golems looks like funny perk causing distraction. :)

I think the biggest dissapointment comes form the class name. :) I often enjoy playing single element themed character and so far we have no class allow us to support this.
Last edited by Langhun on Feb 5, 2016, 2:38:58 PM
After looking at the new witch subclass I seriously feel betrayed because CI(keystone closest to witch) when worked together with melee phys dmg on full life gem seem no longer optimal for her.

Neither of witch subclasses cater to melee nor ES. And it is not just about melee, any wand users looking to min max their char would go for shadow rather than witch which is odd in my opinion.

I mean what the hell.
The reason why i went with CI reave on my witch in the first place was because her starting nodes were ES and was close to CI keystone.

I only play in standard as I do not have much time to play and want to keep my progression. I am not making this thread so they can babyfeed me stuff I want but because i really believe that her new subclasses are so bad compared to others in most builds i can imagine maybe with exception of coc/mjolner discharge.

Also please dont give me the argument "but you can use offerings on your melee witch" because to be honest, its pretty shit for any stick+board witches because you can get max block with rumis pretty easily anyway.

Wand users = shadow
CI crit = shadow
Single spell caster = templer

What the fuk?
What exactly is the theme of witch?
Summoner or go home?

This is infuriating.

Sorry for rant I had to vent somewhere.
Please GGG let witches be witches and use their wands/ES/and spells
"
thebzyk wrote:
Looking at the print of all 3 witch class, I bet the third will be about Curses.

if the 3rd witch is curses theres going to be a riot, that will be 3 insanely niche subclasses that basically invalidate probably over 90% of current witch builds and completely betray what the class is widely used for which is single element casters and crit attackers, both of which are int aligned mechanics, the 2 most popular int things in the entire game.

Up until this point what all the doomsayers were harping on about seemed like it was going to be nonsense. Every other class has such universal and powerful things that they seemed rather balanced between them and every build u had ever made on a class u could see a really good ascendancy option on that class for it. The idea that it would basically fuck up all our builds and fuck up entire classes rendering them useless for everything u would ever want to do with them didnt seem to be happening at all. Now this, 2 down on the witch with no real hope at all that the 3rd subclass can possibly cover what needs to be covered. Its just turning into 2.0 all over again, watching a disaster unfold.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 5, 2016, 4:07:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info