IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

del. Wrong topic

Last edited by Haito on Feb 5, 2016, 4:41:53 AM
It seems GGG started nerfing ascendency classes before even releasing them. Elementalist is the result.

It's quite understandable as people complained about shadow/gladiator being OP, so now there won't be any more OP classes.

While looking at the Elementalist class it feels like you're being forced into extremely nieche (hard-to-play) builds for little to no reward.

What if i only want to play a simple Arc witch?
I don't want to switch to flameblast every two seconds,
I don't want to look at the buffs every four seconds to see if i have 100% increased damage or not.
And finally i don't want to wait until i get hit by elemental damage from mobs (because i'm a caster not a melee character)

The only rewards for simple elemental builds are Arcane Conflux and Beacon of Ruin which can both be translated as "Monsters will receive elemental status ailmnents more often" ... quite disappointing
Last edited by _Interrupt_ on Feb 5, 2016, 4:26:36 AM
the most disappointing ascendancy class so far. This is extremely narrow. If you look at the Templar elemental abilities, they far outclass the witches. If you look at the ES of the shadow class, it far outclasses the witches (you know.... the ES/int class).

Mastermind of discord seems absolutely terrible. you have to alternate skills, and then you get 20% cold resistance pen etc. Wonderful. Lets take a look at the Templar Inevitable judgement: 100% of the time, all of your attacks either pen 10%, or ignore resistances completely..... without some gimmicky enabler.

The other 4 point one is ele prolif for free... at a radius of 9?! NINE!? So if the monsters are literally trying to wear the same pair of shoes together at the same time they MIGHT both get frozen? going to 12 for ele prolif gem made it virtually useless.....

I guess there's always hope for ES / comparable abilities in the final class.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
what about all the witch casters that people have atm that they have spent 100s, maybe 1000s of hours developing for up to 3 years now? Do they not represent what the witch is about? If theres nothing in these subclasses for them then its an absolute disaster.

Those actual characters (with gear, experience, and so on) are in legacy leagues so they don't matter. I'm sure they'll still be playable, but legacy leagues aren't where the most up-to-date version of the game is played and it's not where development/balancing happens.

that is simply unacceptable

edit: to be clear...

every single ranger build I have ever made would get 100% benefit from one of the ranger classes

same for every single duelist, every single marauder, every single shadow Ive ever made, I dont make templars but virtually every elemental attacker or caster Ive ever made would get something from his subclasses.

literally 0 witches i have ever made would take one of these witch classes. It is different to every other single class they have shown in that it is universally awful rather than universally good. And no I dont accept for a minute that every build Ive made on a witch now needs to move and I ditch those characters. They need to change the witch to actually be good for builds that witches are used for, they managed that with every other set of subclasses shown so far its in no way ok that witch becomes an exception.

This subclass is terrible and needs 2 more nodes that are good for single element casters, good as in they compete with the best nodes shadow and templar have for mono elemental casters.

What he said. Take the garbage out, and put options for single element casters in so this ascendancy class isn't as narrow.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
what about all the witch casters that people have atm that they have spent 100s, maybe 1000s of hours developing for up to 3 years now? Do they not represent what the witch is about? If theres nothing in these subclasses for them then its an absolute disaster.

Those actual characters (with gear, experience, and so on) are in legacy leagues so they don't matter. I'm sure they'll still be playable, but legacy leagues aren't where the most up-to-date version of the game is played and it's not where development/balancing happens.

Pff, I'm not going to play temp leagues and I'm still quite thrived by Ascendancy, I have like almost 20 90+ level characters and now will be shifting builds between classes.

For example, my SRSer is now scion, and I will move it to witch, or my life ED is scion and will be moved to shadow. Elementalist seems quite underwhelming, so probably my glacial cascade low life witch will be recreated as scion, etc. etc.

So I now farm only regrets for bandits respec :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
radius 9!!! nice troll like always.
this subclass sounds really interesting!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
you dudes can use those damn orbs to trigger the elementalist %dmg pen node.
using frost orb gives you lightning pen and so on.
So far the only good out of the way build I can think of for the Elementalist is...surprise surprise Wild Strike..
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
What is this shit? Another sub class, like marauder one, RUINED by those stupid IF IF IF IF????? -.-
And by those stupid "in the last x seconds"? And against Daresso and bosses that doesn't spawn adds? My G0d what a shame, a witch class wasted -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info