THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

A Gladiator Block Build could work in theory, although you will start off as a duelist not a marauder. The problem with duelist, is that his starting nodes are less useful than the marauder's starting nodes. You waste passives picking up largely useless physical damage nodes or basic strength nodes, and your starting area life nodes are sub-par compared to the marauder. That being said, its still possible to build a strong block and life character. We will have to see the full extent of passive tree changes first though.
Heads up all in the patch notes concerning the "Vessel of Vinktar" flask:

Vessel of Vinktar has been reduced to 20% Life and Mana leech. It no longer grants "Leech applies instantly during Flask effect". It also consumes more charges when used, so you cannot use the flask twice per fill any more.
"
Tanakeah wrote:

Vessel of Vinktar has been reduced to 20% Life and Mana leech. It no longer grants "Leech applies instantly during Flask effect". It also consumes more charges when used, so you cannot use the flask twice per fill any more.

Well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe it might go legacy.
Well it just means we gotta fork out some more on a 2nd vinktar's and run vaal pact, nothing really changes, with pathfinder+berserker combo we'll be just as strong if not stronger.
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:

Well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe it might go legacy.

It's only a big nerf if you are trying to run a variant of the build not using Vaal Pact.

The only change that will be very relevant for the main build will be that you only get to use it once instead of twice, which will make some boss fights with no adds a bit more risky, and as said you can always run two of them if you need for the boss.

A fair nerf overall in my opinion. There's a chance it will confirm Ascendant as the best class for the build with Berserker's 1.5% global leech.

The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 3, 2016, 9:33:56 AM
bumpity bump bump bump for 2.2 OP update

Going to test Ascendant first, then Trickster. Will keep OP updated with results of my testing and with new info (e.g. what all the available enchantments are, if there are any new uniques worth using, etc).
Indeed. Gonna be going Champion myself and see how that ends up working out. Might start off a bit squishy, but I think after I get a few Ascendancy Points, I'll be in much better shape. Here's to seeing how the build plays out as a Duelist.
I will tackle the witch sub-classes. First I will test out the elementalist, although i expect it to be a dismal experience. Then I will test out the occultist using both the crit and non-cnrit variations. Finally, as the offering skills dont seem to have been nerfed, going as a bone offering necromancer could give this build some really nice defense, so i will test it as well.

Since it looks like the important scion and shadown sub-classes will be tested by Tackle and the Champion is being tested by Tanakeah, i might test the Marauder subclasses out of curiosity.

That being said, good luck with your ascendency testing
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 4, 2016, 5:45:01 AM
I'm very curious about Marauder... 40% more damage is potentially game breaking with the already crazy damage this build has. Sadly, my Marauder is like level 31 at the moment so I won't get around to testing Berserker for a while.
Doing a quick and dirty offline skill tree planner with the Mara, that actually could be quite feasible. For me, I took the outer Strength highway (no need for life) and dipped into Templar and Witch of course. Some of the Templar nodes got buffed a bit (near Light of Divinity) for spell damage and with the investment into Strength, it actually is EASIER to gear in that regard for the Mara and allows a bit more flexibility. Only thing you miss out on are a few extra jewel sockets, but even so...wow. Can still pick up a fair amount of ES nodes, too.

With the Berserker Ascendancy Tree you not only get that bit 40% More Damage node, since we'll likely still take Unwavering Stance, we are going to get hit enough that we could very well keep up that 25% IAS buff from 'Crave the Slaughter'. Plus, the 'Rite of Ruin' will very likely be up most of the time going from pack to pack, so there's a lot of chances for stun immunity there...really only need US for the nasty bosses.

Will definitely have to see how this plays out and interested to see what you get, iSo1iD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info