THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
tackle70 wrote:
merciless izaro is faceroll easy with this build

i'd say roughly as difficult as a3 merciless dominus

Yup izaro is really easy, almost too easy. Its those surprise trap combinations that will prove challenging. Well i just finished my witch testing with all 3 ascendancy classes (spoiler: elementalist is horrendous, except under certain niche scenarios). I will be posting my analysis shortly.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 4, 2016, 11:06:57 PM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
merciless izaro is faceroll easy with this build

i'd say roughly as difficult as a3 merciless dominus

Yup izaro is really easy, almost too easy. Its those surprise trap combinations that will prove challenging. Well i just finished my witch testing with all 3 ascendancy classes (spoiler: elementalist is horrendous, except under certain niche scenarios). I will be posting my analysis shortly.

The best thing about elementalist is the portrait art, which is badass

Also, I'm 99.9% sure that the enchantments available from the labyrinth are total garbage and not worth getting. You get like a 1/500 shot at a bit of a damage boost to arc or discharge on the helm; none of the glove or boot enchantments seem useful. Very disappointing. IF the damage boosts to arc/discharge are multiplicative then it's worth it, but I'm guessing they're additive.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 4, 2016, 11:32:16 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:

The best thing about elementalist is the portrait art, which is badass

Also, I'm 99.9% sure that the enchantments available from the labyrinth are total garbage and not worth getting. You get like a 1/500 shot at a bit of a damage boost to arc or discharge on the helm; none of the glove or boot enchantments seem useful. Very disappointing. IF the damage boosts to arc/discharge are multiplicative then it's worth it, but I'm guessing they're additive.

+1 agreed, elementalist confirmed best ascendancy thanks to its GG portrait art

Well since you mentioned it, I will list down the relevant helmet enchantments. As of now, it seems that we cannot get the higher rolls on the enchants for helmets. The increased effect seems to be additive as of now.

Discharge
5%/8% Increased Radius
25%/40% Increased Damage
20%/30% Chance for Discharge to NOT Consume Charges

Arc
25%/40% Increased Damage
+2/+3 to Chain
20%/30% Increased Shock Chance

Molten Strike
8%/12% Increased Radius
25%/40% Increased Damage
+2/+3 to Number of Projectiles

Lightning Strike
20%/30% Increased Pierce Chance (Harmful to this build so avoid it)
25%/40% Increased Damage
+2/+3 to Number of Projectiles

Leap Slam
10%/15% Increased Attack Speed
8%/12% Increased Radius
25%/40% Increased Damage

The Discharge Increased Damage Enchant and the Increased Projectile Count Enchants for MS/LS are probably the best ones to get.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 4, 2016, 11:49:51 PM
^ and even then, I'd say they're only worth farming for if the %damage is an increase of the gem's base damage, making it multiplicative overall
Ascendant OP confirmed

Core Malachai DOWN...

Spoiler
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 5, 2016, 12:24:47 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Ascendant OP confirmed

Core Malachai DOWN...

Spoiler

Gratz, was it deathless?
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
Ascendant OP confirmed

Core Malachai DOWN...

Spoiler

Gratz, was it deathless?

Nope :(

To do deathless, I think I need some way to mitigate freeze. One "Heat" flask is not sufficient... he freezes too frequently due to the damage of his hits.

I think to do deathless would require swapping in a Dream Fragments for that fight.

If you avoid slam and don't get frozen, the fight should be doable deathless so long as the map doesn't have super difficult mods on it. The 1.5% leech from Berserker is crazy powerful.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 5, 2016, 12:52:45 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

Nope :(

To do deathless, I think I need some way to mitigate freeze. One "Heat" flask is not sufficient... he freezes too frequently due to the damage of his hits.

I think to do deathless would require swapping in a Dream Fragments for that fight.

If you avoid slam and don't get frozen, the fight should be doable deathless so long as the map doesn't have super difficult mods on it. The 1.5% leech from Berserker is crazy powerful.

Well that's good to hear. Previously only the crit variations of this build could take down Core Malcai due to them pre-nerf surgeons, and even then it wasn't always consistent for me. If you can beat Uber Atziri and Core Malacai deathless, then the crit varaitions will no longer have any advantage over the standard Rainbownuke and its superior clear speed.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 5, 2016, 1:03:01 AM
oh don't worry... i plan to retest Uber as well; suspect it might also be doable now as Ascendant

Really want a 100% IIQ // double pack size // deathless Core Malachai kill though for the OP... working on that first
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 5, 2016, 1:16:12 AM
Bah... at least one death in each Core attempt. I'm too slow at leap slamming away from his slam attack in the first phase. Suspect better players would have more luck.

In any case, Core Malachai is definitely killable with this build if you swap in a Dream Fragments for the fight, even with reasonably difficult map mods.

Deathless will require some skill though...

I suspect this means that Uber Atziri is back on the table for this build; will test and confirm eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info