THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

There's two other unknowns at this point to keep in mind, by the way:
1) Will there be any additional uniques released with Ascendancy that are top-tier and that we'd want to use in the helm/shield/boots/belt/ring slot? If yes, Ascendant (Scion) immediately becomes the best class for this build, as we're one or two uniques away from having trouble getting enough +STR and +DEX on gear and the extra from an ascendancy sub-class will be amazing.

2) What gems might we want to use that are released in Ascendancy? Adding any gems gets problematic quickly, as you need to take gems away from an already optimized setup. This could again make Ascendant the best class, as Berserker (1.5% leech) could result in two free gem slots (replacing Blasphemy + Curse)

So I am waiting for patch notes before I put up anything in the OP, maybe even wait a few days after launch to see the uniques people find. There's a decent chance that the Scion Ascendant class will be the best for the build in the end.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Wow, witch is really getting the short end of th stick when coming to ascendencies. The Occultist got nerfed.

The 10% of mob life corpse explosion now has a 50% proc chance.

The 30 Es recharge rate bonus from the +100 max ES node has been completely removed.

The 1.0% ES regen on kill has been halved to 0.5%
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Wow, witch is really getting the short end of th stick when coming to ascendencies. The Occultist got nerfed.

The 30 Es recharge rate bonus from the +100 max ES node has been completely removed.

Yeah... Witch is quite lackluster. I personally find witch the most disappointing class overall now. Hard to see it being great for many builds compared to other ascendancies
Hi, looking into doing this build and was wondering why is this one of the worst uber farmers?
"
PapaDroid wrote:
Hi, looking into doing this build and was wondering why is this one of the worst uber farmers?

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Datamined wrote:
So what's the reason that you can't do uber atziri with this build exactly?

No physical mitigation, not invested in spell block, no ability to use surgeon's flasks to keep permanent flasks up.

The fight is probably possible for very skilled atziri farmers - I know some people can do the Uber fight and take zero damage. But I would not recommend this build if you want to farm Uber. Everything about this build is optimized for mapping and grinding out to high levels as quickly and safely as possible via maps.

If farming Uber is a thing you want to do, I suggest you look into a build optimized for farming Uber - there's tons of them out there and many are a lot cheaper than Mjolner (and some of the Mjolner Uber variants are cheaper than this). This build is designed around mapping.
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 26, 2016, 9:20:09 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Oh wow, yeah, I checked the updated Ascendancy page and didn't see those. I was viewing the older ones from the imgur gallery that had the original stats on them. That's really a shame and now I would say that my rating on Occultist is a bit less than before. :\

**EDIT**

Whoa...the Champion got buffed a bit. The 'First to Strike, Last to Fall' is now 200% increased Armour/Eva on low-life instead of 100%. Will have to check around for the others and see if anything else changed.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Feb 26, 2016, 9:32:41 AM
What are peoples thoughts on the marauder Gladiator class? 100% block applied to spells + 6% block from passives + 8% block if you have been hit recently. Should be easy to make a 75/75 block build.
Gladiator could very well work, and possibly even better for a life variant of this build since you'll start off as the Mara in that regard. Getting the block would do nicely and pairing that with a Rumi's Concoction would at the minimum give you an armour boost as well as the additional block and spell block on demand beyond what static nodes you'll get. Will have to mess around with that one to see.
I was thinking more of a pure CI or possible a low life build due to all the increased defense from shields. You could get 400% extra ES from your shield which would be huge.
Interesting idea on the block... it will just require testing to see what the opportunity costs are in order to get block to a point where it impacts survivability enough. Expect low-life would be pretty bad with it, and you do give up a lot if unable to go low life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info