THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

I've been running a variation of this build the last two leagues.

Recently I made a change that has made life alot easier.

I dropped Haste for Enfeeble and Temp Chains.

It only take 2 items and 3 passives for this change and I really recommend it.

Anyway here is my gear and tree :

3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
I had 110 spare ex so I made a new scion to play this build. So far I got to level 67, spent 70 ex and bought a legacy mjolner, 6l shavs, voll's devotion, romira's ring and some rares and the longer I play the slower the build gets. Is this expected in early levels? It takes 8 seconds to kill a bloody magic/rare mob in dried lake. With a flame golem and life leech gem, my arch dps is 950 and discharge with 3/3 charges is 2.8k. If I swap life leech for lightning penetration, the damage gets a bit better but I leech literally nothing from bosses with just warlord's mark and get rekt. I can barely kill Voll with severe difficulties. My gems are only lvl 17/18 but I still feel like I could clear faster with a 20c tabula and some lvl 17 poison spark thing in it. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you
"
hardell wrote:
I had 110 spare ex so I made a new scion to play this build. So far I got to level 67, spent 70 ex and bought a legacy mjolner, 6l shavs, voll's devotion, romira's ring and some rares and the longer I play the slower the build gets. Is this expected in early levels? It takes 8 seconds to kill a bloody magic/rare mob in dried lake. With a flame golem and life leech gem, my arch dps is 950 and discharge with 3/3 charges is 2.8k. If I swap life leech for lightning penetration, the damage gets a bit better but I leech literally nothing from bosses with just warlord's mark and get rekt. I can barely kill Voll with severe difficulties. My gems are only lvl 17/18 but I still feel like I could clear faster with a 20c tabula and some lvl 17 poison spark thing in it. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you

You're not doing anything wrong, this build doesn't start becoming good until level 80+, and 20/20 gems in mjolner are a big deal.

By level 85+ the build shines. When I level new characters I don't even play this build until like level 75 for the reason you state.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:

You're not doing anything wrong, this build doesn't start becoming good until level 80+, and 20/20 gems in mjolner are a big deal.

By level 85+ the build shines. When I level new characters I don't even play this build until like level 75 for the reason you state.

Thank you, I'll push to higher levels and get 20/20 and see how it goes.
"
Rusherboy wrote:
I've been running a variation of this build the last two leagues.

Recently I made a change that has made life alot easier.

I dropped Haste for Enfeeble and Temp Chains.

It only take 2 items and 3 passives for this change and I really recommend it.

Anyway here is my gear and tree :

I have to admit, I am going to try doing this.

This build is great, dps is out of this world, but I'm still finding some map mods aswell as certain bosses to be too difficult. This probably isn't a problem for maxxed builds, with 9k+ES, but I'm sitting at 7k ES, and get one shotted by certain bosses. If I ever want to get to lvl 100, or if I ever want to do tier 12+ maps comfortably, it feels as though I will have to lose some dps and go for more survivability.

At the moment, I get into tough situations a bit too often, where making 1 small mistake means you die instantly. I don't mind that on 8 mod maps or against very difficult bosses like The Core, but it is happening to me on lower level maps. Shit like meeting a tough Rogue Exile and having Lightning Strike gem, and Mjolner doesn't proc, I don't leech, and he just kills me in like 3 seconds. Or just plain getting one-shotted by Wasteland map boss (yeah its safer to dodge the big hit, but when he has +%attack speed mod it is actually difficult to dodge him because you can't see in time thanks to discharge animation). Or jumping into a ranged mob in a tier 12 8 mod map, and they hit me before I can land 1 hit and i instantly die. Sometimes you dont even need to jump in you walk into a room they all instantly fire at you and you just die before you can even think lol.

Its just difficult when you are playing a spec that relies on being up close, but isn't "tanky" per se. We rely on the life leech, but with no armour or evasion, disengaging is dangerous because you halt the leech and if something hits you while you disengage, it can be fatal. Sometimes you engage but it takes a little while for your molten strike to land, and if the map mods are against you the mobs actually kill you before you can start leeching. It happens in split seconds and really sucks.

I saw the +1 curse is only a few passives away, and since we are aura based it makes a lot of sense to include some strong curses along with blasphemy to boost survivability. However I'll have to test because it looks like a lot of dps/es may be lost in order to get the curses, including stats from the ring and attack speed from haste.
I'm trying to save for voll's devotion and sold/selling off my other char's gear(Volt spark, fakener, max block/spell block eq, armor/life based mjolner,(Not selling you LA/BR ranger) to play this. Only started this league about 2weeks ago.

After spending a few ex's to respect/+bandits I'm just getting my uh ya pushed in Tier 11+. My resistance are capped all tho some of my gems are under lv'ed, since I regreted this char at 88. Started at 70%~ into 88 and about to log off with 7% into 88.

Lv 70 to 100 tree is a big jump, maybe I'm missing something? Seems if I dont proc discharge within ~1.5sec's I die on some boss's/rouges. I tried looking for chaso resist/movement feet etc but pretty much non existent, but chaos isn't what is really killing me. Dot/Phys damage is.

Maybe I'm missing something in tree/gear can op/someone have a look? I tried to go +es over damage nodes so idk, sitting at only 6.2k es.

gear

tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAecCXwOWDXwOPBBiEQ8UcRcvGYoajxslHRQdqiW8JwsqOC0fL2826DpSOw07KD1fRnFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVdZYr1nzXGtcil9qX7BgQ2DeYVJk52aeaGVtGW49bztvnnC7cg9yqXvXfNl-WX_GgKSCHoMJg7aESIRThMWGYIbRiEKMdo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl5WX9Jqum6GbtZ_LoS-io6QMpzCpbqyYrKq0DLcxvoC-isAawcXB88M6w23KSsrT0B_Q0NfP2RPZW9tP217fv-DD4YjqGOq67BjvTu-I7-vv_fPd9tr3MvfX-Ov5N_rS-wn-SQ==?accountName=Stalkst3r&characterName=Spalkster
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
I'm trying to save for voll's devotion and sold/selling off my other char's gear(Volt spark, fakener, max block/spell block eq, armor/life based mjolner,(Not selling you LA/BR ranger) to play this. Only started this league about 2weeks ago.

After spending a few ex's to respect/+bandits I'm just getting my uh ya pushed in Tier 11+. My resistance are capped all tho some of my gems are under lv'ed, since I regreted this char at 88. Started at 70%~ into 88 and about to log off with 7% into 88.

Lv 70 to 100 tree is a big jump, maybe I'm missing something? Seems if I dont proc discharge within ~1.5sec's I die on some boss's/rouges. I tried looking for chaso resist/movement feet etc but pretty much non existent, but chaos isn't what is really killing me. Dot/Phys damage is.

Maybe I'm missing something in tree/gear can op/someone have a look? I tried to go +es over damage nodes so idk, sitting at only 6.2k es.

gear

tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAecCXwOWDXwOPBBiEQ8UcRcvGYoajxslHRQdqiW8JwsqOC0fL2826DpSOw07KD1fRnFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVdZYr1nzXGtcil9qX7BgQ2DeYVJk52aeaGVtGW49bztvnnC7cg9yqXvXfNl-WX_GgKSCHoMJg7aESIRThMWGYIbRiEKMdo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl5WX9Jqum6GbtZ_LoS-io6QMpzCpbqyYrKq0DLcxvoC-isAawcXB88M6w23KSsrT0B_Q0NfP2RPZW9tP217fv-DD4YjqGOq67BjvTu-I7-vv_fPd9tr3MvfX-Ov5N_rS-wn-SQ==?accountName=Stalkst3r&characterName=Spalkster

Given that your ES pool is somewhat low at 6.2k, you should invest passives into the Witch ES Node (the one with the Arcane Focus Notable) instead of the increased radius/damage of area skills. Additionally, replace your Stibnite Flask, it is basically useless. As this build runs unwavering stance, the evasion bonus and smoke cloud generated from the Stibnite Flask are useless as you are unable to evade. Get a Granite or a Basalt flask to help mitigate physical damage instead. The only degens to really worry about are bleed degens (like corrupting blood), so just pop a staunching flask to when needed.

Getting a Voll's Devotion is a significant upgrade to your DPS and defense, as you will have a reliable Endurance Charge generator. Once you pick up that amulet, you will feel noticeably more powerful.
Finally switching from flame totem leveling to this build recharged my batteries... I'm having so much fun rainbownuking, I can't even describe how much his reinvigorated my excitement for PoE after leveling many characters this season!

I'm curious though as to what our passive tree should look like at lvl 90 though, since that seems to be the point where experience is starting to slow down more and more. What 10 points should be remaining at that point?

Also to note I'm regaining health at a fine rate at lvl 75 with just two +3 life gain on hit jewels. Does the need for more than two of these jewels change at higher levels of play?
Hey, i just switched vom Dual Flame Totem to Mjölner an this Build is real fun, but i know there are still a lot of Things to do / improve.

I Just got the "Energy from Within" Jewel, is there a Special Slot to use this for?

And sometimes while mapping i have the Problem that my Energy Shield is burning down and i have no idea why.. i thought maybe corrupting blood, but there was no rare Monster with that mod.. Any idea?
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Apr 23, 2016, 6:18:45 PM
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey, i just switched vom Dual Flame Totem to Mjölner an this Build is real fun, but i know there are still a lot of Things to do / improve.
I Just got the "Energy from Within" Jewel, is there a Special Slot to use this for?

Yes, right to the northeast of the Scion start, so you can use the "Melding" cluster as pure ES nodes.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info