[2.5] Summon Raging Inferno ( 6L flame golems) - atziri 5L - 5 curse support!

"
Lancelot481 wrote:
axelchen01,

What ascendency did you go for this? Why do you like minion life?

necromancer ofc
more minion life = more caustic cloud dmg!
@DreamScythe what ascendancy u take on cruel?
Last edited by mateksolo on Dec 6, 2016, 1:29:18 PM
"
Kazanian wrote:
"
TheClownKing wrote:
I dont fully understand the level 1 Clarity. Is that just for mana regen to cast golems?

For the Bonus from "Commander of Darkness" Ascendancy Node

But axelchen01 is running Discipline in his build. Which would cover the Aura requirement. That is what I dont get.
"
TheClownKing wrote:
"
Kazanian wrote:
"
TheClownKing wrote:
I dont fully understand the level 1 Clarity. Is that just for mana regen to cast golems?

For the Bonus from "Commander of Darkness" Ascendancy Node

But axelchen01 is running Discipline in his build. Which would cover the Aura requirement. That is what I dont get.

every aura adds to the effect, more auras = more power
"
"
TheClownKing wrote:

I just hit Merciless at level 60. Here is my current tree:

I have a Heretic's Veil, currently levelling enough to use it. I wanted to know what other gear I should switch going forward. Just rares with Res/ES?

Also the Gem setups, since you are dropping the Curse on Hit what goes there? I imagine for best performance I will still need to run animate guardian. Any gear recommendations there would be great as well. Other than the Golem line, Animate Guardian, and Tri Curse, what else should I grab? I dont fully understand the level 1 Clarity. Is that just for mana regen to cast golems? I also understand desecrate, is Leap Slam fine as well?

i would recommend the switch at lvl 80 with this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAA0fDXwN4hCXEQ8RUBNsFScV1xcvGDwYVhhqGYoajxslHNwdFB1PHaoo-iqYLL8vbzW5Ow08KEGHRnFIjkuuTLNNuU5tUilV1lXgVmNXyVgHWFpakVxrX7Bk52qsa9ttGW-ecLt4L3zlfRh_xoCkgseDCYRIhMWFYIaujLGPGo9GkyeYrZuKm6GbtZwynL6hL6XEpwinK6h9qsSsmLQMuJO9J75PvorBxcM6w23KSsrTzLzQH9OP0_vZC9kT2VvfiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsg-yK7-v22vfX-ej6gPrS-wn-SQ==

after you got a decent 500+ es 5/6 link body and lvl 18 disciplin you should be fine.
crystal belt is also a huge es buff, if you can get one
right now i run with tabula (so 0 es from my body) and still have over 5k ES

regarding animate guardian, i don't run that skill at all
6 link flame golem
4 link curses (one to change)
4 link lightning wrap for mobility
3 link summon zombies (minion life and fortify)
3 link disciplin clarity and orb of storm
4 link your favourite offerings or a chaos golem for some phsy dmg reduction. whatever you like best there...

if you run 5 instead of 3 blasphemy only curses. you use orb of storm / curse on hit / projectile weakness and AM or temporal chains

you could also run leap, because that skill does not require so many sockets to be useful.
and add skeletons or spectres. whatever fits your style best

edit: but i do have a question on my own for all you guys here
cans some1 do the math on empower. is it worth it, or not over elemental focus / controlled destruction?

Hmm, I don't know about the math with empower, but in the notes DreamScythe mentioned that the Skin of the Loyal may be best in slot as you are able to get level 28 Golems with a vaal gem. I figured Empower would just add on to that.

How can you not run Animate Guardian ><? All those buffs from Dying Breath alone are very nice. I am running it with Leer Cast, Wall of Brambles, Southbound, and Kaom's Roots once I get the level for it. With just Leer Cast and Dying Breath it is:
33% Damage for all allies
18% increased Radius of Aura Skills
18% increased Radius of Curse Skills
Nearby Enemies have 18% increased Effect of Curses on them
Nearby allies gain 18% increased Damage
18% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast

With just Guardian itself you have 40% movement speed and + 76% physical damage for all minions on top of the rest.

Is it really worth giving that up for just 2L Animate guardian + Fortify? For example no need for Orb of storms without Curse on Hit right? Also vs 4L for Lightning warp I could just go with Leap Slam + Faster Attacks? It is quite fast after casting Flesh Offering.
"
TheClownKing wrote:

With just Guardian itself you have 40% movement speed and + 76% physical damage for all minions on top of the rest.

Is it really worth giving that up for just 2L Animate guardian + Fortify? For example no need for Orb of storms without Curse on Hit right? Also vs 4L for Lightning warp I could just go with Leap Slam + Faster Attacks? It is quite fast after casting Flesh Offering.

okay i didn't think about the spell. yeah i will definitely add him to my build and give him a 4 link slot
i have some gem slots left...

thanks to the build the guardian should be strong enough to survive pretty much everything
what items would be best?

on the orb of storm topic.
i use that skill also to apply elemental equilibrium on tough enemys
Last edited by axelchen01 on Dec 6, 2016, 2:20:07 PM
A few people have asked empower, so I will elaborate (without much mathz).

a level 20 - 21 flame golem benefits more from controlled destruction over empower. This remains true until you have +1 skills armor and a level 4 empower. Then it is more ideal to run empower.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Hey deep, doesn't the guardian die in fights against ...guardians lol?

Or do you just unsocket him for those fights? I find myself absolutely not needing him during maps including T16s (at least with my version of the build). The damage is great on guardians, but squeezing in more damage is always nice and it feels like I'd just be throwing items away if I had a guardian in there.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
the sky rocketing prim might jewels... I regret starting with this build now! seems pretty mediocre without the jewel
EDIT: After buying the jewel I think it might just not be my playstyle. Even the aggressive golem just kind of lags behind a bit and makes speed clearing difficult.
Last edited by soujiro707 on Dec 6, 2016, 5:25:57 PM
"
"
Lancelot481 wrote:
axelchen01,

What ascendency did you go for this? Why do you like minion life?

necromancer ofc
more minion life = more caustic cloud dmg!

If this is what your interested in, then why do you also not pick up minion instability for 1 point? The minion would explode at 35% life doing 33% of their life as damage and then still leave the caustic cloud doing 10% per second.

How many seconds does caustic cloud last for? 10 would do 100% of life or is it less?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info