I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

simply

because there is not direct relation between number of player and a great game, same for anything else, films, music, etc, and often is opposite, that doesn't mean a better game is played less, lol.

A better game is obviously played more, but only if all the other parameters are the same.

You have logic problems, very serious thing.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Feb 5, 2016, 4:35:24 AM
Poe sux imo. Uniques are not interesting like d2. Good drops are too rare. Passive tree is meh. Skills are boring also. I feel like difference between skills are only skin and element change. No creative skills are present compared to other arpgs.

Also their business model force GGG to develop game as too much effort to be spent on it without much gain. PoE is too much work too little gain whereas Diablo 2 is too much work, too much gain.

The community in poe is one of the worst in the gaming. Poe is nowhere near D2.
"
ariakas6165 wrote:
Poe sux imo. Uniques are not interesting like d2. Good drops are too rare. Passive tree is meh. Skills are boring also. I feel like difference between skills are only skin and element change. No creative skills are present compared to other arpgs.

Also their business model force GGG to develop game as too much effort to be spent on it without much gain. PoE is too much work too little gain whereas Diablo 2 is too much work, too much gain.

The community in poe is one of the worst in the gaming. Poe is nowhere near D2.

PoE does have a well known aggressive community. But it's a common mentality of players playing small inde games with a big daddy shadowing over especially something like PoE which is clearly a different kind of "Diablo". It's kinda like people playing small MMOs comparing everything to WoW... and if anything they don't like to hear (eg PoE is not the bestestest game and the holy grace and miracle of the ARPG genre) they will go to hell with you.

I bet I can just randomly and casually start a new thread here titled "D3 > PoE" and that thread will easily invoke pages and pages of responses.

All the being said PoE at this point is designed to appeal a very specific kind of people, and is a much much bigger of a no lifer game than any of the ARPG you can find on the market... that being said PoE does have a unique perspective which is the cut throat trading and the passive stance from the officials regarding to scamming and dirty trading tricks.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 5, 2016, 9:14:54 AM
"
(eg PoE is not the bestestest game and the holy grace and miracle of the ARPG genre)

holy grale ... it's the holy grale of the ARPG genre.
I like turtles.
"
ooobaaah wrote:
"
(eg PoE is not the bestestest game and the holy grace and miracle of the ARPG genre)

holy grale ... it's the holy grale of the ARPG genre.

You mean 'Holy Grail'? As far as PoE being better than D2...in some aspects it is, in other aspects it is not, though most of those will end up being subjective from player-to-player, and group-to-group.
Different things appeal to different people?! What a shocker !

If i say "Yellow cups are the best!" and you say "Blue cups are the best!" who am i or who are you to decide which statement is true and which one is false ? In fact they are both true and false at the same time.

The same way statements like "PoE is better than Diablo 2" or "Poe is nowhere near D2" are both true and false at the same time.

And in the same way i can say that this thread is pointless while someone else might say that it's not ...

So in the end it's subjective and every statement is as true as it is false based on the person you ask.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 5, 2016, 9:43:50 AM
In PoE there are legacies, in D2 there was cheated items (I don't know the actual state).
That is not subjective.

This s an example, that there are many features that are not subjectives, they are fine or bad.

Why legacy system is bad? there are various reasons, one is I have to switch the game play in trade play and the pay 2 win factor increses, and the game is not balanced on legacy items, so the game will be always imbalanced, or without sense to play for someone speaking about PvP.

That is all objective.

Sadly we can't change it anymore.

I was just thinking, if Diablo 2 will be released again, with a slighty better graphic, more fps and wild screen, I still I would to play Diablo 2 atm. : )
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Feb 7, 2016, 3:13:40 AM
Well you actually prove my point. You view legacy items as something negative. Many others view them as a good thing. For example they in fact provide more gearing options and thus more build variety. Again subjective opinions .. and reality is not defined as objective opinions. Objective for example is the fact that you need to place a legacy Aegis Aurora in your left-hand slot in order for it to work, subjective is if it's good or bad that legacy Aegis Aurora exists and as long as even 1 person thinks that it's a good thing and at least 1 person thinks that it is a bad thing it will always be a subjective opinion, because that 1 person destroys the idea that it is part of the objective reality.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 7, 2016, 4:36:45 AM
People with legacies think legacies are good people who don't have them usually think they are bad things.

PoE is actually quite rare as most other bigger games uses retroactive system. Something gets nerfed everything gets nerfed and that something dropped off in the future are all nerfed and vice versa.

PoE lacks off standards, which probably explain why so many people just want to play leagues and completely quit PoE and 100% pure no fucks given about this fucking game when there's no new leagues going on...

It would be cool if one day PoE can have some meaningful of endgame... and not rerolling over and over and over and over and over and over... sure altholic and no lifers can continue their ways of rerolling nonstop and play the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over but it will definitely be a plus for those who prefers few characters that they can sink hundreds and hundreds of hours into and feeling they are still progressing in some way.

As someone who care about the game I wish the game to grow. Limit the game itself to appeal to only rerollers and no lifers is definitely not the smartest things to do...

Inb4 no lifers coming in and say screw PoE screw the game, we don't want PoE to grow bigger at all. Just keep PoE exactly the way I like it and tell everyone that don't think the same as me to fuck off and go play D3 is the way to go.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
@Pewzor
I'll say it again ... subjective opinions ... yes you want thing X to change, but yes there are people who want thing X to stay the same. Who are you to decide what's the "right" way to deal with thing X ?
In the end whatever GGG decide to do with thing X .. there will always be people who are not happy with the situation. Sure it's not that big of an issue if thing X is not controversial, if most players ( though how do you even measure that ) want thing X to be handled certain way then it's likely that GGG will do that, but if that's not the case... well this is when we have a problem, when the players who did not get what they want whine about it ( and rightfully so ... after all they did not get what they've though would be best for the game, what they've wanted ) GGG can't help it.

But what can a player do when he/she does not get what he/she wants ? Now let's be real, PoE is a constantly changing game, being perfectly ok with all changes is pretty much impossible ( especially when we factor in the human tendency to be afraid and thus hate changes in general ) . So what can the player do? Well two things actually. One - the player can grow up, deal with it and play along, sure, he/she don't like that 1 change or 2 changes or 10 but the player still enjoys the game an can still play it and have fun despite those changes. Two - the changes are so bad that the player no longer enjoys the game, the negatives are greater than the positives, in that case the player will uninstall PoE and start spending time in another game with the option to come back to PoE when the way the game is reflects his idea of a "good game"

But please remember you can't really truly love every aspect of something complex. Either you accept it's flaws and still love it, or you can't handle the negative aspects of that thing and you just move on. That's just the way things are in the world ... there is no need for drama here, for anger and rage ... it's pointless, it's useless and it helps no one.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 7, 2016, 6:07:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info