[2.2] Soulthirst Reave Ranger...Soul Eat Your Way to the Top! [400+ souls]

HoT CoH can only strike individual mobs so only a very small amount of them are affected by the curse at any given time. Our Fevered Mind Gems are more then enough to counter the little mana on kill from the curse while still allowing for maximum power charges.
thats really awesome concept. good job on the execution.

i saw this belt and really wanted to try to fit it into my build around flasks, but the duration isn't nearly enough and i just can't accommodate it. ah well. but good to see it getting some great use. i didn't realize soul eater gave you ALL of those bonuses, thats crazy.

are you able to efficiently and effectively rack up souls before you know you're going to reach the boss in order to have all of its bonuses against them?
"
xMustard wrote:

are you able to efficiently and effectively rack up souls before you know you're going to reach the boss in order to have all of its bonuses against them?

I can indeed. This just requires an understanding of the maps themselves and their layouts. Even if your souls drop off ideally you would have a taste of hate + atziri's promise to provide a very nice damage bonus for when you go up against a boss without souls. I only have an atziri's promise at the moment and I find it plenty as is.
ya just straight up great job on the build. i love it when people are clever and innovating with this stuff to make things work.
"
xMustard wrote:
ya just straight up great job on the build. i love it when people are clever and innovating with this stuff to make things work.

Thanks man :) much appreciated. The build also works with crit ground slam and soul mantle tri-totem builds. But Reave is the best fit of them all as it easily generates the most souls of the tree styles. You just can't beat its large AoE and whirling blades combo.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Feb 9, 2016, 12:10:59 PM
I'm planning on playing a build pretty similar to this one in Ascendancy... Don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I'll post back here if it works half as well as I expect it to :)
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Sounds good :) I am hoping that some of the new melee skills will allow for some more diversity. Currently reave is the best option with totems/crit ground slam a bit behind. The flask based ascendancy tree is a very nice buff to this build. I will definitely be revising it for Awakening and trying to make it even stronger. I will probably be starting as some kind of MF character so I can quickly farm the currency needed.

PM me if you ever need advice on your build and want to keep it private.
Zerphi's Last Breath will be an amazing new addition to this build. gain 800% of skill cost as life during flask effect. Last 10 seconds.

While this wont let us reach stupid high amounts of souls it will pretty much make us unbeatable as long as we do not get 1 shot.

Obviously for our ascendancy class we are taking pathfinder. Ill have a skill tree updated soon though nothing really has changed for the build.
Okokok I posted my idea in this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596227/page/14/#p12934371, basically I'm going to go Juggernaut and use Shackles of the Wretched to put Temporal Chains on myself in order to benefit from Temp Chains' "Other Effects on Cursed Enemies expire 40% slower". This will act like a ~50% more flask duration mod, allowing me to push the flask duration all the way up to 32 SECONDS. Then I'll just use crit sword ice crash and leap slam to kill things, using the new Crit Strikes gem.

Btw, if you use Vaal Double Strike, the clone benefits from all your soul eater stacks :D:D so that's my single-target in case of emergency.

edit: here's the tree I'm using, put it in the updated offline planner (url)
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Mar 3, 2016, 8:56:36 PM
Sounds like a pretty dope idea. You will have to let me know how it goes. I was thinking of maybe trying to do the build with Sunder since it is main hand only and therefore Soul Taker is a non-issue. Sunder + the vaal double strike clone for bosses would be pretty nice.

working on my RSWT Searing Bonder at the moment. Once i get the currency ill build a new variant of this guy.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Mar 5, 2016, 2:43:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info