Spark : We reached another level of stupidity

I really though EA was the pinacle of braind dead builds designed for monkey but never underestimate the human ability to break new frontiers.

Hall hail the new king of retardness, the Human Totem Spark Spammer. As usual it's a build who existed for a very long time (I remember seeing Lighterio playing it a year ago) but who suddenly went under the spotlight with the recent buff to spells and is actually copied by everyone lacking creatity/functionning brain.

Now you don't even need to move from your starting point, like ever. Just endlessly spam your skill to fill the 1vs1 arenas, even sarn if you want, you don't even need UI to do that. if they were pvp rewards be sur that this would be the number 1 build for bots and at this point, I'm not sur I can see the difference with a real human.

Bonus points : if your projectiles travel fast enough, they become invisible, not like it would change much to be honest.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 3, 2016, 6:45:19 PM
Auto_Bot Reporting in.
It really is as stupid as you said it is. After beta it seemed they wanted this game to be played by people on their death beds with limited ability in their arms/hands. Now I know it was meant to be played by full vegetables and/or double arm amputees. It's to the point where you can literally just headbutt your keyboard or mouse and win...amazing.

Ps. Better nerf 2h some more.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 26, 2016, 5:17:34 PM
Spark has received massive buffs with 2.0 and 2.1. Imo in 2.0 it was already strong if build for, 2.1 made it even stronger. The damage increases of spark the last 2 patches: crit chance 20% higher, 94% extra raw damage (1.76*1.1=1.936), multiple projectiles without needing gmp is equivalent to 33% more damage (1/(1-0.25)), also allowing another gem to be used instead of gmp.

So in 2.1 with controlled destruction, compared to 1.3 gmp, assuming the crit reduction of controlled destruction offsets the higher base crit chance, it gives the following damage increase: 1.936*1.33*1.45 = 3.73. Or basically 270% more damage per individual spark.

I'm in favor of small incremental buffs and nerfs, but obviously ggg is not :p
I would reduce the duration of each spark bolts for pvp, this way the arena doesnt get filled with sparks without limitation.

There are also several ways to deal with spark, if the opponent does not utilize pierce you can block paths pretty easily with frostwall, or even create a box around you and the bolts cant even go past the wall. Inc duration + frostwall is in my inventory just incase i encounter one of these, there are also conversion talismans to negate lightning penetration.
For low life users, there is lori's lantern that you can use to mitigate damage.

Rushing works well vs these builds too, if you utilize conversion talismans you wont eat as much damage and will be able to rush the sparker before he gets the whole arena flooded. Put on lapis amulet and get a rumi's concoction flask and pop it when rushing, you will have spell block and if you're life based you surely have instant flasks so you should be able to stop him from spamming.

The best spec to deal with these is another LL caster, spell block, frostwall and lori's lantern paired with chill status on the enemy and an AOE skill serves a great purpose against these.

There was a way to deal with spark as melee, leap slamming would jump over sparks and avoid damage, i dont know if thats fixed tho.

Damage is not the problem, spark duration is and how easy it is to get the arena filled with them. With a reducement in duration, players would be able to go to opposite sides of the map and stay in a safe zone without having nowhere to go.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 26, 2016, 6:45:50 PM
I covered this in that Ultimate Mega Ultra Super Balance thread, but yea, I'll say it again, Spark is awful AND laggy when people put the damn spider MTX on. I know HarleyCue's #1 because not only is he better than Lib, but also because his shit has crazy projectile mods. I tried quarantining both myself and his sparks with frost wall, but because they're projectiles, they pierced right through them. I've seen several sparklers- that's what I call them, in 1v1s and Sarn Arena. It's really bad. Thank god most of them suck.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I just quit US Sarn because of one those guys was spamming Spark from the edge of the map to troll the center with his invisible projectiles. I usually don't mind op spec but this is ruining the fun for everyone in an even worse way than scoping from the middle with EA (because at least you can see them).

Spoiler
Selling OP Spark armor in Talisman, pm offer plz 6L not included :p
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 26, 2016, 7:02:34 PM
I went in and got him as much as I could. He goes down faster than a fat bitch on a Smartie. Just icestorm/stun the fuck out of him.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Just wait till players realize you can spam spark with harvest keep up bubbling/seething flasks AND your vessel of vinktars for some extreme lightning penetration.
"
I went in and got him as much as I could. He goes down faster than a fat bitch on a Smartie. Just icestorm/stun the fuck out of him.

Not saying he couldnt be killed, just that he was interfering with the ENTIRE arena from his corner.Pet Morganthebard is annoying enought when he parasite your fights but that's another level of trolling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info