Winterheart, Event 155: Winterheart

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Dominance at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

Signature Races are Fixed Seed events, meaning that each participant plays through the same area layouts. In addition, all Signature races in a Season will use the same layout.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Winterheart: All areas contain patches of chilled ground. Players are accelerated, rather than being slowed by being chilled.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 22: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 19-21: 8 Reward Points.
  • Level 16-18: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 12-15: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-11: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 4-5: 1 Reward Point.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Asphyxia's Wrath Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art The Whispering Ice Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Dyadian Dawn Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
- Reserved for season conclusion -

Up to now this season was pretty nice but not as good as Soulthirst in my opinion. Soulthirst and Winterheart both had highlights like the 24h races and new introduced race types. My problem with Winterheart was that the races had not that big of a difference. Both alt start act 2 and act 3 were ending in Docks, could had been avoided by having different length for both races like 10, 30, 45, 70 and maybe also 100 min.

The best thing for me this season was that there weren't as much endless ledges as in Bloodgrip, also that they got paired with Descent what made a funny combination for which I always was excited for.

I dislike the length of Descent:Champions. It is one of my 3 most favourited race types but 40 minutes just means farming everything after The cage instead of min-maxing. And if you don't min-max with levels you won't even get full points!

The worst thing for me was that there had not been these asynchronous races yet. As you, GGG, anounced to introduce something like that in late october, just no in the following season, I really thought it would had been introduced in this season so I don't have to rip myself that much to not pass the fun races. And so I was pretty disappointed as it hadn't been in this season yet.

At last I can say that overall this season was pretty fun and again worth playing like Soulthirst. For next time I would wish that asynchronous races would get introduced or at least there would be more time for sleeping between races which would result in a longer season in the case of days.
Last edited by Lifesprigguy on Feb 19, 2016, 3:37:33 PM
"
Lifesprigguy wrote:

For next time I would wish that asynchronous races would get introduced or at least there would be more time for sleeping between races which would result in a longer season in the case of days.

I agree that having season 1-2 week longer, maybe also with less events, would be better. Every single race would feel more impactful, they increased amount of points you can get from one, so I think it's time to decrease total amount of races in season again. Oh and also, if you have only 3 races per day, instead of 5 or 6, with huge gaps between them, you make it more convenient for people that somehow cannot be near computer at some given time of the day(school, work...) - they will only miss 1 race most of the time, as opposed to 2 or 3.
ProjectPT was right.
I wonder how much time Krame will sleep after season ends. Until next season maybe? :D
Agreed, sort of.... if they only had a few a day with asynchronous start times then lots of us little people would get totaly fucked, being that the pro's would be able to get in on every race, not almost evey race....i am torn, i only get to compete in about 15-20 events per season due to work kids wife life, but it is nice to squeak in just as they announce 1 minute start.... guess we will see...
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
WHAT?!?!?!

My no-damage, max res super tank marauder didn't set a record????

Unbelievable!

Good season everyone ;)
didn't get poleaxe as usual :/

was fun season, grats all
what up cuzz
Last edited by feelgewd on Feb 25, 2016, 1:01:41 AM
Pretty hard to race while watching kripp do labyrinth:/

still, 10th overall? where did everyone go lol.
Pretty happy. 350 points from a first time racer is barely passable but i openly admit i suck at the game and aint the brightest when it comes to time management. Bug thanks to GGG for the races and winning so many prizes was almost silly at the end :) Nah all hard earned lol.

Gratz to everyone especially the top guys, you dudes are amazing.
Spoiler

would've set a record if my races wasn't 4min shorter than other marauders in sig ladder :)

10%ms from brutus
2nd QS from L16 old fields
had all whetstones to craft (1 from collected weapons, 2 dropped)
crafted mallet cuz I hate cleaving
had to buy poleaxe and double axe from vendors cuz didn't drop but had enough transmutes.
Karui ward on my 1st corrupted area in docks at L24
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info