0.9.5d Patch Notes

"
AllanonTB wrote:
I often get disconnected when planning my skill setup.
To tell PoE im not idleing i drink flasks while browsing the endless passives.
We should take mouse movement into account to identify idle players for kicking.

We don't kick idle players - you shouldn't get disconnected.

"
Asmodan wrote:
Chris, will you update the beta Manifesto? It'd be cool if we knew what's coming soon/in the mid term etc.

Yes, I intend to but probably not today.

"
Kuyam wrote:
I'm almost 100% sure that an unlisted change is a further increase in the Scroll of Wisdom droprate. I think it was fine in 0.9.5c and a bit too much now.

You now need less Scrolls from drops because there are more ways to trade for them, but we haven't meaningfully changed the droprate of them in 0.9.5d (by a percent or so at most as a consequence of other changes).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
AllanonTB wrote:
I often get disconnected when planning my skill setup.
To tell PoE im not idleing i drink flasks while browsing the endless passives.
We should take mouse movement into account to identify idle players for kicking.

We don't kick idle players - you shouldn't get disconnected.
I've been getting kicked while on the passive screen too. It happens while idling, it happens when allocating points. Never happened before this patch.
"
Interesting wrote:
*scream out of his lungs*

TANKS MARAUDERS CAN ACTUALLY PLAY LIKE TANKS NOW!!!

NO MORE SILLY KITTING! NO MORE PLAYING LIKE A PUSSY!

NOW I TANK!

TANKS LIVE!

TANKS LIVE!

TANKS LIVE!

FINALLY SOMETHING TO MAKE MY TANK TANK LIKE A TANK!

MARAUDER TANKS LIVE!

TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS! % REGEN BASED ON LIFE! DIDNT THOUGHT XMAS GIFT WOULD CAME THIS YEAR! BUT FINALY IT IS HERE. I CAN TANK NOW!

*breaths*

On a more serious note:
1. The two nodes that gives 0.1% life regeneration per second per charge need a buff too. Currently a total of 8.9% of total life per second can be achieved with full charges. This makes blood magic viable.

I like how the % life regen on the duelist tree is very far from the start and takes a lot of investment and many levels to get there. I also like how people dont just rush there for an early easy life regen since now people need to invest into life (wich helps the life nodes that were getting so ignored back in 0.9.4) but also requires itemization to get some reasonable results and it might even make the Armour Mastery gets its own little light.

2. The endurance node that increases 6% buff duration time per charge does not affect the most important buff duration of a Marauder, Immortal Call.

3. The 2 endurance nodes near the templar area (one that gives a charge and one that gives 15% endurance charge duration) needs a third node, one that gives 1% block chance with any weapon or a % of armor or life increase.

4. Affixes that gives life regen per minute, should be shown as life regen per second, or

5. changed to provide % of total life regen per second or added a new affix

My Maurauder could tank fine before the life regen changes, now I don't even need to use potions period.

Life regen is going to be nerfed.
Gangplank - Level 73 Mara.

"I ate some oranges and it was k"
What was your build?
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on Dec 29, 2011, 7:22:50 PM
Aww, the new Duelist Shield Mastery spot path was tweaked, and now I'm forced to get an extra str passive on my way to the awesome seven sword spots south of it. More annoyingly though is how this has created another dead end, which I still loathe.

One resist all was buffed, but the one next to armours a bit south of it stays at 6%... which is fine, since the original one having 5% all was already worth it to me.

Skill Duration is still reserved for Rangers, and Templar's Buff Effect still confuses me. They're so fun, can't more of these exist around the map? Buff Duration on the other hand, is something I'll be massing on a ranger soon for Viper Strike, and I doubt it'll be good, but I must min/max something new. On that note, I think I'll also make a witch and hoard mana & regen just to see what happens.

Slight buff to a max resist spot, slight nerf to Templar's weapon ele overpowered with Avatar of Fire spot. Life Regen is now rivaling Flask health, more powerful at high health values, and people can just take both.
Looks like all the 1h and 2h damage nodes no longer say melee weapons. Do they work with bows and wands now? The crit nodes that branch of the ones near the templar start still have melee in their descriptions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info