[POLL] Rate Path of Exile's acts (Poll on Page1)

For me

A2 & A4 > A1 > A3
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
A1 : In normal? Slow but gritty, sets the tone. 8.5/10
A2 : Strides better in recent patches, less backtracking, vall pyramid still takes too long to burrow up to Sarn, needs to equip a drillneck. 7.5/10
A3 : Alright, Piety seems more stupid magician than snobby skilled thaumaturge, 6/10
A4 : Kaom has an entire freaking continent in his imagination, maybe cull his wild delusions a bit? Unnecessary padding areas just to make it feel like a 'Full Act'. Piety feels more snobby thamaturgist, mechanical fights incredibly fun but too movespeed / movement skill based. Malacocaine still "dodge all the red crap you will inevitably get hit by or die even on max resistances" 6.5/10
"
Act1 im pretty okay with, the only part i'd trim down or make more visually interesting would be the underground cave parts in act1.

Act2 is varied enough I think I can say I like all of it, especially the broken bridge/crossroad/fellshrine/chamber of sins/crypt part, all visually distinct and not overly long.
The small camp with the npcs+stash space is well laid out and nice, overall i'd say Act2 is still my overall favorite of the 4.

I really dislike the sewer+warehouse part of act3, always feels like a chore.

The aqueduct part at the start of act4 isnt too bad mainly because its mostly linear at least.
Only part of act4 that I really like is dried lake.

You nailed it.

One more thing is Mal is the End Boss, and what do we get for killing him? A lousy map!
So, I don't usually bother with him in Merc. Too much crap to go thru to get to him and the fight itself is BS.
I stopped playing because of the burn-out (srsly, ite been several years (my prev account was hacked)) but to me act4 was the best when they kept the original difficulty. sure it was damage spike which probly shouldnt have got nerfed, maybe act 3 had to be adjusted at the end...somehow. its atmospheric and thats what i value the most in games, music etc. at 2.0 start act4 made poe more challenging while it lasted
Labyrinth = -9
The acts are like the game in general... going down hill.
I > 10/10: Just feels like a very classic RPG, game and storyline flow is very smooth.

II > 8/10: Gotta agree here that the temple crawling is way too long. Between the Vaal Ruins and Caverns is so much dead running for example.

III> 9/10: Really good for game and storyline flow. The middle area can be streamlined a bit but otherwise no complaints.

IV> 3/10: For me, this was a huge disappointment when it was released. Every zone is basically a boss zone, from a game flow standpoint it just seems like super lazy design.

- Reach A4, go to Dried Lake kill a boss
- Make your way through the mines. Okay now go to two more zones and kill two more bosses.
- Open Belly of the Beast, go in and kill a boss.
- After this is the final zone, so killed three bosses so you can activate the zone where you fight the last boss.

Uh....

The only thing that saves this Act is how beautiful and wonderfully done Daresso's Dream is. Every time I level and I hit A4, I always look forward to this. Compared to Kaom's Dream, I just really have no words. The buildup to the fight makes Kaom look like some side muppet.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Act 1 - 10/10 - awsome not to long , pretty linear , smooth and also - THE LEDGE !
Act 2 - 9/10 - dont like ancient pyramid , everything is pretty nice brings back that d2 feeling of act 3 . I Like the green areas :)
Act 3 - 8/10 Overall pretty decent but sometimes feels so long > lunaris and scepter of god .

Act 4 - 3/10 Only good thing for me in act 4 Dried Lake and Daresso Zone. Aqueduct is pretty interesting but not as good as ledge. I feel the Harvest zone is the worst part of the entire poe game. Kaom path is meh ... Dark, long and uinteresting with crappy balanced monsters and no loot.

i hope if and when act 5 comes it's gonna be a pleasant suprise.
IGN : Sir_Big
Act 1 - Good act, but too linear, streamlined and easy for my taste. 7/10
Act 2 - There's a lot of stuff here, many zones and side quests, not much to say. 8/10
Act 3 - Great act, nice story/lore and Piety and Dominus provide a sense of challenge if you're not in some faceroll build. 9/10
Act 4 - Some good and some bad, I always hated this whole belly of the beast / harvest thing, both both because of the story and the visuals. I also dislike Kaom's path, 3 boring zones in a row. The aquaduct and Daresso's path are great though. 7/10
Make POE great again
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info